twenty - hallucinations

His mouth moved into a menacing smile as he looked at her, the look was frighting enough; his eyes were like big puddles of black and as you stared back at him you felt yourself tumbling down those puddles forever. Rez wasn't friendly, she still couldn't figure out what had caused him so much trauma to be the man he is today. He walked towards her like a lion before its prey. 

She was the prey. 

"Back so soon Natasha," He spoke in a low cold voice that would give anyone chills.

Her wrists were tied by ropes and were chained to the ceiling, her toes could barely touch the ground, "Don't flatter yourself fatty, it wasn't my choice."

"I want to try something new today," He said stalking around his victim. "Something fun for me....not so fun for you."

***

Natasha's whole body flew back swinging slightly from the impact of the metal bat that Rez used. Still hanging from the ceiling by her wrists, her whole body was aching and bruised. Rez took a minute to wipe a speck of blood from his face.

"You never learn." He said swinging the bat towards her side.

Natasha held in the pain as she felt her ribs crack at the force of the bat. Repeatedly he continued to stike her body until she passed out.

A bucket of cold water bought her back to life, she first noticed that she was no longer hanging from her wrists but simply strapped to a metal table, lying on her back. She had dried blood in her hair and visible bruises on her body and face. The shooting pain in her side implied that her ribs were in fact bruised or even fractured. 

Xander's eyes widen and he lifted me back up on the island before carefully lifting my shirt up revealing a large bruise on the side of my rib cage. "He really did a number on you huh?"

"You think this is bad? you should have seen him kiddo"

He chuckled giving me and an ice pack to hold to my cheek whereas he held one on my rib cage. 

Natasha shook her head vigorously, "Hallucinations." She whispered to herself.

"Welcome back," Rez said from the corner of the room. "This method of torture is my favourite." 

He walked towards Natasha and grabbed her jaw with his menacingly large hand. With all her strength she tried to release herself from his grip, which consequently caused Rez to tighten his grip.

"Soon you'll learn that you're not invincible." He said gradually moving his face closer to hers, "I'll break you." 

It was the way he looked at her...like she was already dead.

It didn't take her long to realise what was going on when loud rock music started playing through the 4 speakers in the room. Moments later cold water was released from the ceiling onto her whole body and face. Oxygen was removed from her lungs as water filled her nostrils, she began to cough but only for more water to enter her mouth.

Although her body and lungs were consumed by water all she could think about was the man she met on the roof. How she wished he would rescue her from this nightmare.

***

"Alpha team, breach the backdoor. My team will enter through the front." Roman spoke over his shoulder to the group of men and women.

"We don't want to kill anyone, this is a rescue operation. However, if they're armed, take them out." Gabe insisted mainly on his team. "Alright Alpha team, move, shoot, communicate."

Gabe's SEAL team consisted of 5 men and 2 women, Roman's team were mainly CIA agents. They have been planning this mission for weeks now. No matter what happened they were getting their friend out of there.

The SEAL team were out first, walking towards the back door. Gabe knelt down beside the handle and attempted to open it, but it was locked.

"This is Alpha 1. The back door is locked. Proceeding to breach." He said through the intercom.

His teammate Sam, placed two small rectangular explosives on the hinges of the door and waited for his command. 

"Execute." 

The whole door flew off its hinges, leaving a clear path for Alpha team. Two stun grenades were thrown into the doorway and that was when the team entered the assassin house.

***

"We're under attack!" Yelled Dimitri. "Protect your home. Protect your leader!"

Hell broke loose as gunshots rang through the hallways.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be Dimitri, just hand her over." Roman declared.

"So that's what all this fuss is about huh?" He chuckled. "Well guess what? She's dead."

Roman's face fell, there was a knot in his throat that he couldn't swallow. "Gabe, have you found her yet?"

"No Rome, not yet," Gabe said through the radio.

"Tie him up," Rome instructed to one of his agents, "He tries anything...you shoot him in the kneecaps."

"I told you she was dead, you're wasting your time," Dimitri smirked.

He shook his head, "you can't kill the devil."

***

Roman searched every room on every floor but still, there was no luck. He was about to make his way back until he saw a set of stairs leading down to what looked like the basement.

He was wrong.

It wasn't a basement. It a dungeon. Dark and cold, water dripping from the ceiling. Blood splattered all over the walls and floor. A metal baseball bat leaned against the wall coated in dried blood. 

It was like all the air had been knocked out of his lungs when he saw a girl lying on the table unconscious. Her lips were blue, and her skin was frozen. 

"No..." He barely whispered. "No!" He yelled quickly loosening the straps and carefully lifting her fragile bruised body back up the stairs into the hallway.

He laid her down on her back and started chest compressions, "No, please. Don't die on me L, you can't leave me." He continued with the compressions pausing every so often to listen to her breathing.

"Come on!" He yelled. "Come on Leti." He croaked, his voice breaking every few seconds.

He took her hand into his, as he closed his watery eyes, a single tear flowed down his cheek. "We needed more time," His clear tone was undercut with a choking heaviness that forced him to pause several times. "You were supposed to fall in love with me. Like I have with you." Slowly he bought her hand up to his lips and planted a kiss on her knuckles. "I need you." 

Suddenly, the girl gasped for air, her whole body jerked upwards as she coughed uncontrollably, water spilt out of her mouth and nose. 

Roman's eyes grew in astonishment.

"Hey, I've got you," Roman said lifting her into his arms. "Your safe now."

Her head whipped around when she heard Roman's voice, "What are you doing here?" She whispered, her voice hoarse from the water.

"I'm taking you home."