Prologue

~Y/N POV~

At least I had two years of freedom before I was finally found and torn away from my parents, but god knows what happened to them since I was taken into this place. I had only been here for the last 24 hours, held in some sort of white room until some guard came and took me in here, this office.

I know exactly what kind of office this is, it's a doctors office.

Any minute now someone in a white lab coat is going to come walking through that door I'm currently glaring at just to check my health but it's all just a rouse to get to know my fertility levels within my body.

It seems that only half blooded vampires such as myself can reproduce more successfully than fully blooded vampires so there is some in the world that can reproduce all by themselves and there is some that can't. That is where my kind come in.

Male or female it doesn't matter.

All half breeds have to come in and do a screening to check these levels to see if they are capable. If they are, they are given, well more like bought like objects, animals really. Then are used under government contracts to be used as baby makers until fulfilling their duties and then given to another family that needs help.

Now if half breeds can't reproduce then they are executed because other than to make babies our kind if frowned upon, an abomination to the vampire species. Which is one of the reason's my parents hid from the world, to keep me protected. But if I cant have children I'm okay with that, I would just join my parents anyway. I know deep down what is to happen to them since having me would be considered a crime but I don't want to think of such a thing right now.

Shutting off my thoughts when I seen the pearly white door suddenly open and in stepped a small man, possibly not much taller than myself, with thick black hair combed back with a lot of hair products, stepped inside the room. Watching the man carefully, he didn't dare smile but to glance at me with numbness and then smoothly step further inside the room just to close to the door behind him and walk towards me just to take a seat by his desk.

Luckily for me that desk separates the two of us but I know that wont last long.

Coming to notice the small file he had hidden under his arm that he took out and dropped on his desk just to sigh as if frustrated already by my presence and leaned back in his chair, tapping his pointer finger on the arm of his seat just to scan my body with his red eyes.

"My name is Dr Chu, I'll be your doctor for the time being."

Continuing to stare at him I felt nothing but hatred for this vampire as he stares back at me. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction in talking to him.

"You've been quite a challenge to find Miss Lee. We've been looking for you since you're sixteenth birthday when a loyal vampire such like myself reported to us that you became of age. Tell me, what have you been doing with your parents all these years to stay hidden so well?" Dr Chu

I remained silent, still refusing to speak to him but made sure to keep my eyes focused on his with a hateful glare his way. I'm not scared of him and I had to make sure he knew that but however when he noticed I was in now mood to speak he chuckled and sat up straight in his chair, just to lean forwards placing his elbows to the wood of his desk and rested his chin under the back of his hands.

"I can tell you'll be a feisty one, well that is if you're useful. It would be a shame if you're not, a total waste if you ask me. But if you are I guarantee a lot of men would like you, us vampires like feisty women so I can tell you'll be popular but the women do not." Dr Chu

I rolled my eyes to him, not caring about anything he has to say anyway.

"You're very pretty too. That's a big bonus for you also. Feisty and beautiful. You'll make quite a lot of money in your time. I can see it and I don't say that often when I see your......species." Dr Chu

The man spat out in disgust, scrunching up his nose to me which I just chose to ignore. If this man wants to speak so much than I'll have my say.

"Where are my parents?"

The vampires eyes shot up in surprise, for what reason I don't know and I don't care but I hated the way he laughed at me bitterly afterwards.

"They're dead love. How else did you expect us to punish them for their crimes?" DrChu

I balled up my fists in anger, trying to keep it at bay and hold back my angry tears that wanted to fall so bad but I wont allow it.

"You're lying."

I spat out at him but that only seemed to amuse this man.

"No I'm not. You know as well as I do that is what happens to every one that commits such a crime." Dr Chu

"It's not a crime when they are soulmates. They cant help that."

He scoffs at me, dropping his smile just to open up the file on the desk between us.

"Humans and vampires can not be soulmates. Its simply impossible but if that is what they told you to make you feel better then I suppose we should leave your little mind to think that way." Dr Chu

I had so much more I wanted to say to this asshole and lung at him over the desk but I chose to keep it cool and swallow it all down.

"Now......you had blood taken from you yesterday and it seems...." Dr Chu

The man squinted his eyes to the papers in front of him, reading hard until he hums to himself.

"Someone asked for you to have your hormone levels check on the fast track queue for levels to be checked. I wont name no names though." Dr Chu

He smirked at me when only briefly looking up from the documents and then back down again.

"I wouldn't even know who you're talking about if you did."

"True but it's confidential and I wont be going against that." Dr Chu

The vampire continues to read in the files, eyes scanning every word on the page until he flips it over just to read some more and his eyes widen seeing some sort of signature at the bottom. I saw it from where I sat but I couldn't make out the name nor would I know who it belonged to. But this freak quickly covered the signature with his hands and closed the file back up again.

"It seems all your tests were done last night under some supervision from someone that has taken interest in you greatly." Dr Chu

"I don't remember any tests done."

He nods and trails his finger along the top of the red papered file.

"That's because you my dear were passed out. You wouldn't of known about anything going on around you or to you. All I can just say is that you're very lucky." Dr Chu

I scoffed at him, crossing my arms over my chest in a protective manner.

"How in the hell am I lucky?"

He just laughed at me so loudly that I just wanted to punch his face right here and now but again kept it together. He can move faster than I can and there's a few things he could do to be to hurt me but if I'm to die then who says I cant try.

"Oh love, it's because you are very much fertile enough to help out one of the many families to have children. Congratulations, you get to live to see another day." Dr Chu

Oh fuck no.