Chapter twenty-four

~YOONGI POV~

After yesterday with Y/n I've not been in the best of mood so being called into Namjoon's office so he could have a word with all of us wasn't that much appealing to me. I'm still pissed with him just like everyone else is but more civil. I only talk to him about work, that's the only reason I speak to him right now and standing in his office in silence just waiting for Jin and Hoseok to show up was deafening.

Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin were in this room with me, each of us standing side by side looking around the room while Namjoon calmly sat behind his desk. I don't know what exactly he was doing since I refused to look at him in any way. I was too busy looking at the paintings on the walls even if I have seen them way too many times, it was better than looking at him.

Just when I heard the door open did the four of us at the same time turn our heads in that direction to see Jin and Hoseok finally pile into the room. Hoseok sharing an scowl on his face and came to join me by standing beside me passing me a nod and Jin closed the door behind him and glanced around the room.

"Ah so you did get a new desk in here huh?" Jin

I seen the way Namjoon rolled his eyes at Jin and leaned back in his chair, crossing his leg over the other.

"Yeah, yeah whatever Jin. That's not why I asked you all in here to show off my new desk." Namjoon

I didn't react but seen the way Jin raised a brow curiously and moved closer to him just to stand beside his desk and put his hands behind his back just like Jungkook and Taehyung were doing right now.

"Then what do we  owe this pleasure Namjoon?" Jin

Again Namjoon rolled his eyes and pulled out a beige coloured file and dropped it on his desk.

"Take look at it." Namjoon

He gestured towards Jin to pick it up. Jin tensed but yet he looked over to me, as if asking if he should and I just nodded. It peaked my interest as well. So Jin just nods towards me and picked up the file, opening it up and began reading. I just watched Jin's facial features harden into a glare to the paper until he gasped, jaw dropping and looking up around the room to everyone and then lastly landing on Namjoon.

"You understand now why I needed to talk to you all privately." Namjoon

"You're going to prison?" Jin

"WHAT?!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs and used my fast speed to rush to Jin's side, snatching the file from Jin's hands to read it myself. Skimming through the pages it says things about a new rape law with surrogates and punishment for it. Its even got Governor Lang's signature on it meaning it was approved.

"Are you serious?" Hoseok

"How? What did you do now!?" Jimin

Everyone began to crowd around his desk, waiting for Namjoon to provide answers to this and the sudden action on his part. I was god smacked so when I began to stare blankly towards Namjoon trying to make sense of this, Taehyung calmly took the file from my hands so he could read it himself.

"I didn't do anything else I swear." Namjoon

He held up his hands, placing a small smile on his face that didn't meet his eyes.

"What did you do then?"

I asked him, staring him deep in the eyes.

"Y/n wished to have more laws on half breeds and so far I managed to get the rape laws on chosen surrogates changed so that any sexual in counters with them must be under sessions and provide proof by now filming each session in case a half breed turned around and said rape happened and a child was resulted from that rape." Namjoon

"That's exactly what you did to Y/n." Jungkook

Namjoon nodded after flickering a quick gaze towards Jungkook and pushed up his glasses from falling off his nose.

"Yes and so now that there's a law in place about that and was made official today I start my sentence in two days and given my position in society the governor reduced my sentence to five months, so I'll be back out before Y/n gives birth." Namjoon

"It says here a year would be the sentence." Taehyung

He pointed to the file which was then ripped out his hands by Jimin so he could read through it.

"Yes but like I said, for me it'll only be five months." Namjoon

"You're doing this for Y/n aren't you? She asked you to do this?" Jin

Namjoon shrugged at him, not even glancing his way.

"She asked me to try and change some laws on her kind and that is what I've done. One is still in process though but hopefully it can be passed soon. As for the prison part, she didn't ask me to go to prison for what I did. I decided that on my own." Namjoon

"Well that's brave on your part Namjoon." Hoseok

Namjoon nods and yet I remained speechless to this. I don't know whether to be pissed at him for going to prison willingly because he is my brother at the end of the day no matter what he's done or just the fact I'm still angry at him for raping Y/n in the first place. It's mixed emotions really.

"But what about the part of the law that says the father of the pregnant half breed must accompany her on the outside?" Jin

Hearing Taehyung and Jungkook begin to whisper closely in one another's ear while they read the file did I glance at them quickly and then back to Namjoon.

"Ah well you see that's where you come in Jin." Namjoon

Again Namjoon pulled out a single piece of paper from his drawer in his desk and held it out for him. I just inched closer to Jin, coming to stand close so I could see what it was too.

"It's a declaration stating that while I'm gone, you Jin as the oldest and my brother will hold that responsibility for me while I'm gone." Namjoon

Jin gasped and read the piece of paper that has Namjoon's signature and Governor Lang's signature. It just holds one more space for Jin's.

"So could you sign it for me?" Namjoon

He held out a pen towards Jin and Jin without question took it from his hand, set the paper down on the desk and signed it straight away. I was a little jealous that this position was given to Jin but if Jin was chosen to take his place then I cant argue with that.

"Thank you." Namjoon

He said, just to tuck it back away in the same drawer as before.

"And about Haru, she knows what Y/n is to us and lets just say she's a little unstable right now." Namjoon

That's not news to me. Only Namjoon and I knew about that lately since we've all been busy with either other work related stuff or with Y/n. I only know because of her nonsense back at work the other week when we went out to the mall and she tried to raid Namjoon's office and demand files that she had no right to accessing.

"I'm not actually that shocked about Haru anymore." Hoseok

He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Me neither but obviously we'll be around Y/n constantly. When is she ever really alone?" Jimin

"Guys I think we should tell Jaemin too. He's very close with Y/n so it would be best he's in on it too right?" Jungkook

I nodded thinking it was a good idea and judging by the others and their expressions and nods, they thought so too.

"Okay then but first no one tell Y/n I'm going away. Not yet." Namjoon

"Why not?" Taehyung

Namjoon stood up, taking the file from Taehyungs hands and closing it up to drop into a neat pile on his desk.

"Because I want to tell her myself and talk to her about the process of somethings before going away. This is the start of me trying to make things right and so I want to start with that conversation." Namjoon

I nodded at him, stuffing my hands into my pockets. It didn't seem like a bad idea I guess, but we'll see how that conversation goes.