Chapter 2

- Your gaze freezes many, but beyond those cold eyes behold the warmest heart -

Mina POV

"One two, okay, one two!" The sound of cameras click as I do each pose. The lights flash capturing the moment in time, showing off to the world how beautiful the image in the picture is. A CEO, a model, a perfectionist, that's who I am. I don't stop until something is absolutely perfect, and that is why I'm the boss.

Myoui Mina, 23 years old, maybe a bit too mature for my age. I come from a rich family, a long line of successful CEOs and I intend to be the best. The job was presumed to be for my older brother, but father said I was better suited for the job. It worked out anyways since he had other dreams elsewhere. I don't really have friends, rather two annoying children who are older than me. I love them but they are just so irresponsible sometimes. I don't have any plans for romance, but I guess you can say I'm married to my work.

I've been in a few arranged marriages before but canceled them due to the fact that all of them wanted it to be more than just business, either that or I just hate men. They were all the same, wanting to please me but using all the wrong tactics.

Maybe now that I'm temporarily moving to a new country, I'll find more work to fall in love with.

- - -

"Nice work as always Ms. Myoui." The photographer says and I nod as I walk back to the dressing room. My days have been rather busy, them being filled with meetings, planning, late nights, and I love it. "Dang, you look sexy in that." Sana said peeking through the curtain. "Shut up Sana." I say changing into my daily wear. "Meanie." She pouts and I mentally laugh a little. I'm good at hiding emotions, it's easy when you have so much to focus on, "You're on in a few minutes, do you need help zipping up the back?" I ask, offering my assistance. "Not really, Momo can help me, you should go, I know you're busy today." She says checking her outfit in the mirror. Sana, Momo, and I are childhood bestfriends, they work in my company probably because most others wouldn't hire their...less...intelligent brains.

But in complete honesty, it is pretty nice to see them everyday, it makes life seem less horrible.

I walk back to my office and look at the clock, I'm early. I stare out the window watching the cars go by, thinking about what's to come. Sana and Momo will be joining me when we go to Korea. Momo recommended that we work with this architecture company, mostly because her girlfriend works there, but after looking at their recent projects, I decided to go through with it. It'll be a fun work trip and a nice break for them.

Time goes by and I continue working on the paperwork for the new building and house staying late once again, but it's normal at this point.

It's now 00:00/12:00AM and I receive a call from my father. "Hello?" I answer. "Please come to the house at 8 AM tomorrow to discuss some business, you may not go to work tomorrow as we are having guests come from Korea." He said. "Yes father." I reply and he hangs up. I wonder what it's about this time, a new deal? But he could handle that on his own, it must be something really serious this time then, I think to myself.

I will email my secretary in my absence tomorrow due to urgent business, finish up in the office, and prepare to go home.

- - -

I wake up at 6 AM to begin my morning routine, a quick jog outside near the park and back home to take a quick shower. I check myself in the mirror making sure to look presentable for the day. Do some work and then head out to the house.

"Ah Mina, you're here." My father says as I enter the house. I bow to him to show respect, "Hello father." I say. "Come come, the guests will be here at 10:00 but we have some quick business to chat about first." He says, leading me to his office.

"So, what is so important that you need me here too, father?" I ask sitting across from his desk. "An arranged marriage." He says leaning back in his chair putting his hands together. "Again?" I ask, calmly. "Yes, but this time it's quite different." He says and I raise my eyebrow. How could this time be different from the others? "How so?" I ask. "You'll be marrying my good friend's child and they're from Korea, they have been in debt for many years, working to pay it off." He explains. "Why don't you just lend them money?" I ask. "Well, it is a large sum of money, not much for us, but a lot for them, and their child seems to be very skilled in many areas which could help our company a lot." He says and I nod. "We don't necessarily have to go through with this deal, as you've said before we could just lend them money, but I thought it would be good for you to, you know, find someone to settle down with." He said. "Father!" I say, my volume increasing. "I love what you're doing with the company, how much success you've gotten, but maybe it's time for other things, you aren't getting any younger." He says, and I roll my eyes. "I don't think so, but I'll meet them, I've already canceled my whole day." I say. "Don't worry, you might go through with this one since it's a little...different." He says and gives a small smile.

We sat on the couches in the living room, "Welcome to the Myoui residence." My father says as they enter. I stand up and bow, "This is my daughter Mina, shall we begin?" He asks and they nod and smile. 

- - - - -

Hello! It's Pengu again, the drama is about to begin!!! Ooh, can't wait to see what will happen, will Mina say yes to the arranged marriage??? Maybe, maybe not. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Happy Valentines Day!!  - Pengu <3