Chapter 16

- I convince myself that what we have is fake love, when all this time it's the realest thing I've ever experienced -

Chaeyoung POV

We sat in the car while Dahyun drove, Mina lying her head on my shoulder and my arm around her. "So..." Dahyun started, "Are you two a thing now?" She asked, looking at us through the rearview mirror. I looked at Mina but her gaze belonged to the view of passing cars outside the window. I shook my head and Dahyun sighed, "Well, if you two ever consider being in a relationship, just know that you two will be a cute couple." She said with a reassuring smile and I smile back in a thankful manner.

"Have you talked to Momo?" Mina asks but Dahyun shrugs, "She called me this morning but I told her that I needed some space for now to figure some things out." She said. "Are you thinking of," I pause before finishing my sentence, "breaking up with her?" I ask. "I'm willing to listen to her side of the story, but if she did cheat, I don't think I could put my trust in her again." She says and inside I sigh a sigh of relief. "Mina what do you think? You know her the most in this car, what do you think I should do?" Dahyun asks. "I think what you think is totally right, just give her a chance, you never know what may happen." Mina says and there was no better way to put it.

We get to the building and Tzuyu meets us at the entrance. "Good afternoon!" She says with a smile. "Oh hey Mina." Tzuyu said opening the door for us, "You seem awfully happy today." I say and Tzuyu just gives an elated shrug. "Love is in the air." She says drunkenly spinning which makes Dahyun and I laugh. "I wish..." Dahyun sighs, looking down at the floor but Tzuyu puts her arm around her, "Cheer up, it'll all work out." She says and winks at Mina and I. "You know?" I mouth and she nods.

Maybe love is in the air this morning, I look at Mina to see her shed a smile. We ride up to the tenth level and when the doors open, we are welcomed to our sunlit office. "Welcome to where the magic happens." I say and Mina looks around starting from the plank wood floors to the white and gray barn aesthetic walls. "It's very peaceful." She says, settling down in one of the comfy chairs. "Shall we get to work?" She asks, setting her computer on the table and we all nod.

- - -

I stretch my muscles after working for a straight three hours. "Coffee break anyone?" I get up from my seat and Dahyun and Tzuyu's hands shoot up. "Mina?" I look in her direction and wave my hand, she finally adverts her line of sight towards me, the tip of her pen resting on the bottom of her lip like she was in deep thought. "Huh?" She asks, unaware of what was said. "Yeah, you definitely need a break, come with me." I swivel her chair around and help her stand up. "Where are we going?" She asks, doing a small stretch. "Coffee break and a small tour." I say and she nods, getting in the elevator with me. "We'll be back soon!" I shout but Tzuyu responds with, "No no, take your time." and they both let out a small laugh.

We walk around the office earning a few stares from the other employees, "Do you not usually have visitors?" Mina asks, noticing these small actions. "No, they've just never seen anyone as beautiful as you." I tease and she hits my shoulder, "Stop it." Her cheeks begin to glow a crimson red.

"Chaeyoung!" A voice called out as we were walking back to the elevator. "Jinyoung!" I say running up to him. "We missed you here Chaeyoung, glad to have you back!" He says putting his hand on my shoulder. "Who is this?" Jinyoung asks, noticing Mina standing next to us. "Myoui Mina, the one we are doing the construction for" I say introducing her to him, he bows to show a sign of respect. "Mina, this is Jinyoung my boss." I introduced him to her and she nods. "No, no, more like good friends right Chaeyoung?" We both laugh together.

If looks could kill, Jinyoung would be dead, her glares are no joke. We all walk to the elevator together, Jinyoung joining us as well to say hi to Dahyun and Tzuyu. "Chaeyoung we need to go out together sometime soon, I missed your energetic ambience." He says and I smile, "Of course!" I agree, but Mina slips her hand into mine seemingly to be against the idea. "Do you and Chaeyoung know each other personally? We would've gotten a call if Myoui Mina were to visit our building." Jinyoung asks, noticing the small gesture. "Yeah, we're...we're..." I stammer not knowing what we were, "Girlfriends." Mina finishes my sentence for me.