Chapter 13

- Once again you break my heart, but I can't help but to still love you -

Mina POV

"Jeongyeon..." I whisper. The sounds of laughter from our past rung in my ear. "Nayeon is the one who owns the cafe!" Chaeyoung went on introducing them and I snapped back to reality. "Hello, it's nice to meet you." Nayeon put out her hand for me to shake, her bunny teeth appearing in her smile. I take her hand and shake it. "Mina, how have you been?" Jeongyeon asked, giving me a welcoming hug, my eyes widened. "I-I'm fine, and you?" I ask and she releases me. "Couldn't have been better!" She says, wrapping her arm around Nayeon's waist. "You two know each other?" Chaeyoung asked, surprised. "Yeah, I spent a year in Japan and went to Mina's school." She chuckled, "Mina even had a..." I gave her a glare and she stopped, "Never mind, that's a story for another time." She laughed once again.

Her appearance has changed so much, but her personality was still the same, the same person I fell for a long time ago, my first love. I felt my feelings for Chaeyoung fade away and my damaged heart returning.

"Chae! I missed you!" Jeongyeon said, messing with Chaeyoung's hair. "I missed you too NoJam." She said, giving Jeongyeon a hug. "Are you two still together?" Chaeyoung asked and Nayeon nodded, showing us a ring. "I knew you two would be perfect for each other! Wait why wasn't I invited to the wedding? You two wouldn't have been together if it wasn't for me" Chaeyoung pouts, "We didn't really have a wedding Chae, it was a quick ceremony with only us and a pastor." Nayeon explained and Chaeyoung nodded. "Are you two together?" Jeongyeon asked and looked at me. "I-" I started, not knowing how to interpret the situation we're in. "Yes." I came to the conclusion that we were together, tied to each other by one piece of paper and two signatures. I looked at Chaeyoung to see her smile, I love that smile.

"That's amazing, can't believe you've finally found another person to go crazy over." Jeongyeon teased and I gave her another glare.

Even though she kept taunting about the past, I couldn't seem to be mad at her. It was her teasing in the first place that caused me to fall madly in love. It planted a virus inside of me that caused me to go haywire and took me years to finally recover. She shot me with a bullet and although the wound has healed, it still left a scar. Seeing her again really made me question everything, it added more heat to the burning thoughts causing fires in my brain.

She was the first person to bring me out of my shell, of course I was always open with Momo and Sana but that's because we grew up together. She was sweet and kind, but also cheesy and a jokester. I mean who wouldn't fall for the charming foreigner?

We became good friends and in the next minute, I would find myself thinking about her all the time, it literally drove me crazy. Until one day, that one day that I confessed, everything just melted, not the good kind that starts with a warm fire in your heart, but the one that melts you sweet and innocent snowman.

- - -

"I'm sorry Mina, but I don't like you like that, you're my best friend, I'm sorry." She said and the bright smile that once was on my lips, disappeared.

"B-but, what about the dates we went on, what about the teasing and the subtle hearts, did they mean nothing!?" I asked, stuttering, my heart slowly cracking. "N-not really Mina, we're just friends." She says and my expression begins to turn blank. "But..." I started but couldn't get the words out. "I'm sorry Mina, I can't like you back, my heart belongs to someone else." She said, walking towards me. "Fine." I wiped the drops of tears off my cheeks. "Mina..." She reaches for my hand. "No, please, just no." I turn to walk away. "I'm so sorry." She says and I stop. "If you're really sorry, just...don't talk to me ever again." I say and run home.

- - -

After my glass heart shattered for the first time, I vowed to never love again, to not feel the same pain I felt before. But...recently, my methods have not been working and I've been searching for reasons why, but it's a needle in a haystack.

"Mina, can we talk?" A voice says behind me. I look in the restroom mirror. Jeongyeon. "No." I dry my hands and walk out, but a hand lays on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." She says and I turn around. "There's nothing to be sorry about, it was just a meaningless crush." I say and walk away, emotionless as ever. But inside, I was fighting a battle, should I cry my heart out? Or should I wait until we get home to spill my emotions, either way will both result in bitter tears, dripping down my cheek from a worthless past.

But what still hurt was that I've been trying to convince myself that it was just a meaningless crush, but to me she wasn't just a meaningless crush, she was that one person who made my knees weak, my heart warm, that one person I felt like I could be my total self with. I let out a loud sigh, what am I going to do?

Chaeyoung POV

I noticed Mina holding back, she had mixed emotions, it's hard to explain, but she wasn't herself. "Are you okay?" I whispered to her and she just nodded. "I think that we should go home, Mina and I have a lot of work to do Nayeon-unnie, but it was nice seeing you both again, we should go on a double-date sometime in the future." I say, hugging them both and then taking Mina's hand. "Okay, see you around Chaengie!" Nayeon says and we part ways.

The car ride home was silent, I kept looking from the rode to Mina as she looked out the window. Something was bothering her, but I don't know what, but what I do know is that I don't like seeing her like this.

She got out of the car and quickly went to her room. I ran after her, but she locked the door, "Mina, are you okay?" I knocked. "I'm fine." She said which made me think otherwise.

I wrote a little note on a piece of paper and passed it under the door, hoping that she would let me in. A few moments later, the door clicked open. Her eyes were glossy, letting out diamond tears, even when she's crying she is beautiful. "Minari." I let out a whisper and clasped her into a hug. She collapsed into our hug, her tears staining my neck. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong." I whispered, "But I don't want you to hide what you feel from me, so don't be afraid to cry in front of me Minari." I whispered and she nodded. "Thank you Chae." She sniffled.

We stayed on the floor for a few more moments, her head nuzzled into the nook of my neck, my arms wrapped around her. "I should work." She said getting up and wiping her tears. "Mina." I said. "There's so much to do." She said, fixing her posture, straightening her face. "Mina." I said again, but she ignored my call. "Myoui Mina." I said standing up, her inches away from the door. "Let me help you." I say, walking towards her. "You did, Chaeyoung, you did and I'm fine now, but there's so much work today and I can't afford to be behind she said. "O-okay." I said and we went our separate ways.

- - - - -

Heyo, it's Penu hehe. Just sighs...there is so much going on...Is Mina falling for Jeongyeon again? Or is it just an illusion of the past? Anyways...hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you so much for 1k reads!!  - Pengu <3