Chapter 14

- I give you a rose disguised as my heart, you take it not knowing that once it reaches your grasp...I'm yours forever -

Chaeyoung POV

I pace back and forth in my room, thinking of ways to cheer Mina up. I can't bear to see her like this, I miss her smile.

I have an idea, it's something I wanted to do for the longest time. I rushed out of the house excited by a plan I have thought up. I drive to the nearest flower shop, picking up a single rose. I then walk to the bakery next door and pick up these penguin shaped macaroons.

"I hope she likes them." I whisper to myself as I'm driving home. It was starting to get dark and the sun was setting. I cross the veranda and open the door, "Honey, I'm home!" I say, satisfied that I finally get to say it as I am not living alone. I see Mina pacing back and forth, looking up once she hears my voice. She dashes towards me, engulfing me into a hug.

"Where were you?" She asked, her voice shaky. "I went out and got you something!" I say triumphantly. She pulls away, and I notice that her eyes are red and a bit puffy, "Hey, are you okay?" I set the flower and macaroons down on the table and put my hands on her shoulders. "You said you wouldn't do that again." She took my hands off her shoulder, her voice raising in volume. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "You left your phone again and you didn't tell me that you were leaving, I-I was worried..." Her voice began to crack. "I'm sorry." I gave her a hug, "I'm sorry." I repeated again, squeezing her tighter.

"Here, for you." I say with a smile, handing her the rose. "You don't have to." She said, accepting the rose, but her eyes were distant, cold. "What do you mean?" I ask and she looks away. "You don't have to act like we are a real couple, we aren't Chaeyoung." She says, something inside me cracked.

"Why?" I ask, "Why are you like this? One moment you are worried a-and you seem to care but the next you're cold as ice. One moment you're smiling and laughing, but the next...y-you're emotionless and blank. Why Mina?" I ask, trying to understand it all. "I..." She pauses, letting her guard down. "I c-can't..." She steps back. "Can't what? Be happy? Show yourself? Be yourself?" I ask, raising my voice. "Yes! I can't Chaeyoung, I can't!" She says back, her volume the same as mine. "Why not?" I ask. "Because Chaeyoung, just because." She says with no detail. "Mina! You can't just invite someone to your home but not welcome them in, that's not how it works! Stop being so distant and-" I argue. "Then you shouldn't have accepted the invitation." She says in an icy tone and starts to walk away.

"No." I say and she stops. "I don't regret anything, I don't regret signing the papers and I don't regret coming here, so please...just talk to me Mina." I say and she turns around, a tear trickling down her left cheek. "You will, don't worry, you'll regret everything and leave." She says, "No!" I say back. "That's what they all said but they left Chaeyoung! Do you think you aren't the first person to say that?!" She shouts back. "My mother, my brother, my friends, Jeongyeon." She pauses, realizing what she just said. "Jeongyeon?" I ask and she starts to walk away, ignoring me. I grab her arm to prevent her from leaving, "What happened with Jeongyeon?" I ask. "Nothing!" She tries to release herself from my grasp. "Mina." I say sternly. "She was my first love okay!" She yells and I drop her arm from my grip.

"She left me a-and she didn't like me back, it took me years to recover and now that she's back I...I don't know what to do o-or how to feel anymore." She finishes. "Mina..." I say under my breath. "Happy now?" She asks me and turns around, but I stop her from leaving and pull her close. "Use me." I say, but she tries to push away which makes me hug tighter, burying my head in her chest, "Forget about her, use me." I say and she stops. "I-I can't Chaeyoung." She says and I look up, "Why not?"

"Because I don't want you to get hurt." She says, "I won't." I say, wanting to be her cushion to fall on. "Just let me be your safety net for now." I say, savoring our hug. "I...okay."

Mina POV

Why is she like this? How could she do this? She's casting a spell that caused my worries to slip away, to stand right back on my feet, my heart to melt, my head to swirl. I wasn't only scared for her, but for me. If I use her to forget about Jeongyeon, it is a sure thing that her heart will one day crumble. I'm too confused for a heart to handle.

My old feelings linger, reminiscing the times Jeongyeon and I spent together. But these new feelings long for Chaeyoung, how she has shown me something new, she's unlike anyone else, she's starting to move in, making a home in my heart, calling it her own.

I'm wavering between my past and my present, one may show me a future, but it's undecided. Life was simple before all of this, life was easy before all of this...but life was boring before all of this.

"I got you another surprise." Chaeyoung whispered, taking my hand and leading us to the kitchen, sitting me down at the table. "I'll be right back, don't move!" She said, smiling.

"Okay, close your eyes." She said and I obeyed. "Now open." Chaeyoung said and a box of macaroons appeared before my eyes. They were light gray penguin shaped treats, each one they held a different emotion, but all of them were so cute. "Thank you Chaeyoung." I say, smiling at her. "You didn't have t-" I started to say, "Yes I did." She said, picking one up, signaling for me to open my mouth. "Mmm, they're yummy." I say, she took a small bite as well, "They are!" She says.

There was a small crumb on her lip, I leaned forward to use my thumb to wipe it away, our view of each other's eyes were clear. Her gaze was warm, just like the day we met, they were inviting me in, my touch was still by her mouth, but I moved them to the back of her neck while she leaned forward. She moved her hand as well, brushing them up against my neck, I closed my eyes, waiting for her soft delicate lips to meet mine...they were millimeters away before...

The doorbell rang

Our eyes flew open, and we pulled apart, the doorbell rang again. "C-coming!" Chaeyoung got up to answer the door. I sat there still, feeling my warm and rosy cheeks. What just happened?

I walked over to see who rang the doorbell. "What's wrong Dahyun? Come inside." Chaeyoung said with worry in her expression.

- - - - -

Yello, it's Pengu hehe, things are getting spicy. Haha, that's one way to say it!! Mina is starting to open up to Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung is starting to embrace her feelings, and Dahyun...what happened to Dahyun? Find out in the next chapter and hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Guess what, we got #1 in the Michaeng tag, wooo haha. Thank you so much for all the reads and the votes hehe, it makes me so happy to wake up and see that people have set their eyes on my writing :)) - Pengu <3