Chapter 11

- Don't be scared to be lonely under the flashing lights and shining stars when I am right by your side -

Mina POV

"Mina? Mina!" Chaeyoung called me. "Huh?" I looked into her worried gaze, "Are you okay? You spaced out for a moment." She said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Ah!" She yelped. "Are you okay?!" I rushed over to look at her fingers but she just smiled, "It must be our electrical connection." Her dimple made another appearance that made me fall into a trance but quickly recovered.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh my goodness." I said, beginning to walk to the kitchen. "Did you just roll your eyes at me?! Have you been hanging out with Tzuyu?" Chaeyoung speedily caught up to me. "No." I say, my answer short. "Are you sure?" She asked and I stopped what I was doing. "Why are you jealous?" I teased her back and she stuttered, "I, well...it was just a question..." Her voice became small.

"I'm just teasing." I give a small smile, "So, what would you like for dinner?" I ask, clapping my hands together. "We could eat out?" Chaeyoung suggests. "Shouldn't we wait for Sana, Momo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu?" I ask, looking in the refrigerator. "Hmm, I wonder where they are." Chaeyoung says taking out her phone and dialing a number.

"Where are you all?" Chaeyoung asks and puts the phone on speaker phone. "We are at Dahyunnie's place so you two could have some alone time, if you know what we mean." I could just picture Sana's signature wink through the call. "Yah, It's not like that!" I said, "We're friends right Chaengie?" I say looking at her. "Y-yeah, friends." Her expression dimmed a bit before she turned into her usual self again.

"Okay, if you say so." Dahyun said and the phone call went silent for a few seconds, "Do you want to meet up for dinner?" Chaeyoung asks. "I think we will stay at Dahyun's place since it's starting to rain and thunder pretty hard outside." Tzuyu said. "Will you all be okay?" I am worried that this is their first night in Korea and we aren't together. "We will, as long as Tzuyu is by my side, I know I'll be alright." She giggles and I scrunch my nose. Romance is just too cheesy.

- - -

Chaeyoung and I ended up having pasta for dinner. "How is it Chaeyoung?!" I ask , tasting a bit of it. "Mmm, it's so yummy and not greasy at all!!." She exclaims. "What are you going to name it?" Chaeyoung asks. "Hmm, maybe daughter-in-law pasta." I say, smiling. "You're right, my parents would love this very much, thank you Minari!" She says, giving a gummy smile.

After we finished we cleaned the table and washed the dishes. "Thank you for dinner again, it was really delicious." Chaeyoung said, giving a small bow. "No problem, anytime." I say and we walk upstairs to the bedrooms to get ready for bed.

I toss and turn in the coldness of the atmosphere, sitting up against the backboard of the bed. I can't sleep. I look outside the window and watch the rain fall, the lightning strike, and hear the rumble of the powerful thunder. It calmed me.

"Ahh!" I heard a scream and ran out of bed to Chaeyoung's room. "Are you okay?" I rush to her side, putting my arms on her shoulders. She was covering her ears and shutting her eyes, "I'm scared." She said and I pulled her into my chest whispering, "It's okay Chaengie, I got you, don't worry." patting her back. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me, "Thank you Mina." She said, pulling away as if to get a better look at my face. "Will you be okay?" I ask, sitting besides her. "I-I think so." She says, looking down at her hands. "Okay then, goodnight Chaeyoung." I got up to leave but a soft hand gripped my wrist. "Wait..." She started, "Can you stay with me?" She asked, looking up into my eyes.

There it was again, something about her eyes always made me fall right back into her arms, it made me feel some sort of unexplainable way. "I-" I hesitate. "Please...don't leave." She whispers and I crumple, my walls crack, how did she manage to get past? "Okay." I say and lay on her bed. "Thank you." She says and lays on my chest. I begin the play with her hair, "Is this okay?" I ask, not knowing what to do. "It's perfect." She says, resting her hand on my stomach. "Ooh abs." She yawns at the end of her sentence. "Cute." I whisper, still playing with her hair. Her strawberry aroma wafts through the air, the sound of the rain pattering against the window, is this how it feels? It feels like...home.

Chaeyoung POV

"Please...don't leave." I say, I really didn't want her to leave my side. She made me feel safe and calm. Maybe one day I'll win her heart over, but earlier when she said we were just friends, it kind of broke mine a little. I got ready for her to say no, but instead, she said yes. "Okay." She lay on my bed and I lay on her chest, the sweet smell of mint gave me a sense of kindness, something that no matter how long, I will never forget. She starts playing with my hair and it feels so perfect, "Is this okay?" Her soothing voice asks, "It's perfect." I say, resting my hand on her flawlessly toned abs, I start to fall asleep, "Ooh abs." I mumbles and yawns.

"Cute." I could hear her whisper and I smiled. From the moment I saw her, I knew that this was going to be, I knew that one day she was going to capture my heart and there would be no escaping...and that day has come.

I fall into a deep sleep, dreaming about life after many years.

I wake up in a soft bed, the sun shining on my face, I sit up smelling the yummy aroma of eggs and toast. I walk out of the bedroom, the interior looks just like our house in Korea, the one we just built. "Mitsuki! Kaito! Come down, breakfast is ready!" A voice came from the kitchen. "Good morning Mama!" small arms appeared around my waist, "Good morning!" I play along.

I turn around to hug back, seeing two small children smiling, one with a dimple on her left cheek and one with a dimple on his left. "Shall we go eat breakfast?" I put my hands out and both of them took it.

We walk down the stairs to the kitchen and sit down at the table. "Thank you for breakfast mommy!" Mitsuki and Kaito say with a bright smile."Thank you!" I say, taking a bite. "Mmm, this is so yummy." I say, the kids nod in agreement. A pair of arms wrap around my neck, "Good morning." She says softly, kissing my cheek. A familiar smell filled my nose, I couldn't pinpoint the exact smell, but it was something I longed for. "Good morning to you too." I smiled.

I turned my head to see who she was, hoping that maybe it was someone I knew, but I could only see her back as she went back to cooking. Her posture was perfect, she looked composed and like an angel. Even though I didn't see her face, I had a sense that I knew her and that this felt right, everything here felt right. She slowly turned around and it was like time stopped...

"Oh my god, shut up!" A loud whisper said which was followed by another crash and stumble. I jolted up to see Sana, Tzuyu, Momo, and Dahyun staring at us with a phone in their hand. "Um, good morning?" Sana said with an awkward smile. "I-" I was speechless, "What the heck?" I asked. "Well..." Momo started. "Run!" Dahyun said, racing out of the room. "Don't let her get the phone!" Sana said running after Momo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu.

"What the actual heck..." I just sat there for a few more seconds, trying to remember the beautiful family in my dream. I looked over to my side to see Mina sleeping peacefully, she looked so pretty, almost like an angel...an angel? Those words rang in my head but I was interrupted from my thoughts by a soft groan. "Good morning." I said and she did a small stretch. "Good morning." she smiled.

"What happened here?" She asked looking at the mess on the floor, "Oh, Sana tripped." I said, getting out of bed and fixing the messiness. She gave me a raised eyebrow, "What do you mean?" She asked. "Satzu and Dahmo came in earlier, I woke up to Sana crashing everywhere." I chuckled. "Shoot." Mina muttered and got out of bed.

"Sana!" She yelled outside the room. "What did you guys do?" Mina interrogated them in the kitchen. "What did you two do?" Momo turned the question on us. "Nothing." I said, but they didn't buy it. "We literally saw you two sleeping together." She said, showing us a picture of us snuggled together, we looked so peaceful. "Ya! Delete that." Mina said, walking over to Momo. "Could you send that to me first Momo?" I ask and Mina looks at me with disbelief. "What? I look good." I make up an excuse. "Fine, but just don't do that anymore." Mina says walking off. "But for real, can you send it?" I ask Momo and they all laugh.

- - - - -

Hello! It's Pengu hehe. What will happen when they fall for each other, everyone's rooting for them, except, one of them seems hesitant. Who was that in Chaeyoung's dream? Who's children is that??? Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!! - Pengu <3