Chapter 40

- Sometimes when the glass is full, it might be time to add another glass -

A few years later

Chaeyoung POV

"And then you add two small dots right in the circle!" I say, demonstrating it on my own paper. "Okay class! That's it for today, nice work everyone!" I applaud, giving the little kids a high five as they put their masterpieces in a neat stack on the table. I look to the window to see someone waving, "Who's that Mrs. Chaeyoung?" A student asked, "She's really pretty!", "I want to be just like her when I grow up", "She looks awesome!", the students rambled.

"That's...my wife, Myoui Mina." I smiled, basking in her beauty that always seemed to amaze me. I usher her in, "Hey everyone, it's nice to meet you all." She waves, "And this is our dog Ray." I gave him a tiny pat.

I retired from being an architect because it turns out, that's not the thing that I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing. Besides, I had no one left to talk to since both Dahyun and Tzuyu went off to their own companies and Mina forbade me from even laying eyes on Jinyoung. So, I started teaching an art class for children and on my free days, I would model for Myoui Modeling.

I love what I do and especially the people I work around, the kids are really talented, all in their own way. And Mina, I love her so much that even spending one extra minute with her is something I'd always take.

"Your students are so cute." Mina said, walking our dog as we got to the park. "Yeah, they really are and today, we drew dogs. And although some of the final products kind of looked like buffalos, the looks on their faces as they drew, always make me smile." I said, I really do love seeing people draw, especially the final piece.

We sat down on a park bench, "Look at the kids." Mina gestured to the children in the playground, we watched them in silence, "Chaeng, I think I'm ready to be a mother, I know it'll be hard, but I think we're ready for it." I looked into her eyes and it seemed like she really wanted this. "I would love to have a child with you but unfortunately I can't give you one." She leaned her head on my chest, "I know, I always wanted to see our child with your talents and my smartness, but I guess we'll never have that. We could always adopt though, only if you are okay with that." She suggested.

"I'm more than okay with anything you want to do, as long as we do it together." I rest my head on hers.

"Kaito, please stop crying, I don't have any more food left." A small quivering voice spoke in Japanese a few feet away. Mina taught me some Japanese over our years together which was how I could understand.

We turned our heads to see two kids in ragged clothes, messy hair, and glossy eyes, "Are you two okay? Where are your parents?" I started walking over, speaking in Japanese. "Kaito, we have to go, get up before they catch us!" The elder lifted the younger up. "Wait! I'm not going to catch you, I just want to help." I sent a smile, hoping that they would trust me. "Here." I had some chocolates in my pocket. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you two." they started walking closer.

"Where are your parents?" Mina crouched down to their level, wiping some dirt off of the girls cheek, "I-I don't know." She said, starting to cry. "Hey, don't cry, we'll help you find them." She said, smiling.

Mina would be a great mother, a soft yet protective one.

Mina POV

We brought them to the police station to see if they could find their parents. As the two kids were with the officers, Chaeng and I waited in the waiting room. "I feel bad Chaeng, they're so young yet they seem to have been without their parents for some time. I mean who would leave their children out without a home?" I was starting to become frustrated. "They are really cute though." Chaeng admits and I nod, "What if they don't have parents though?" I asked but Chaeng didn't have enough time to respond because the police called us in.

"So, we have bad news, these kids don't have any parents, there's no record of them or anything." I was shocked, "What's going to happen to them then?" I asked and he shrugged, "We're going to have to put them in foster care unless..." He paused, "You two would like to take them in?" He offered.

I looked at Chae and she nodded, "I know how much you want to be a mother and it's your call, I'm totally okay with taking them in. Just know that you'll be a great mother no matter what." She whispers and I turn to the officer, "We'll take them in." I smile.

"What are your names?" Chaeng kneels down, "I'm Mitsuki and this is Kaito." a surprised expression was plastered on her face, and then, she hugged them. "Let's take you home, we'll get you washed up and fed with proper food." I took Kaito's hand, "B-but parents?" He asked in a confused voice, "We couldn't find them, I'm sorry, but you could stay with us if you want?" I suggested, he hesitated but then his face lit up with excitement.

- - -

We got to our house and as soon as they stepped in, they gasped at the humongous structure. "What is this place?" The sister asked, "It'll be your new home!" Chaeng clapped, proud to show off our house. "Kaito. Kaito!" Mitsuki whispered, "Should we stay with them? I don't know if we can trust them yet." She talked to her brother.

I could sense that she was very responsible and caring for Kaito and I respect that, I know I could never replace the memory she has of her parents, all I want to do is fill that blank space in so that she doesn't have to.

"S-stay?" Kaito blubbered, "I know Kaito but we don't even know them!" She raised her tone a bit louder, "Stay! No parents! They be parents!" He said in broken Japanese.

"Mitsuki, would you like to talk for a bit?" I asked, taking her aside. She looked back at her brother, he was sitting on the floor, "I'll play with him, don't worry!" Chae walked up, sitting next to him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure you two are nice people but I don't know if Kaito and I can stay here." She explained which kind of scraped my heart. "I know you care for your brother a lot and that you want what's best for him, but what about you? You spend your time taking care of him and yet you don't have time for yourself. But we can help lighten the load, look, I know we could never replace your parents or have the same bond you have with your brother, but we'll be here as much as you need us to be, so please let us help." I reasoned. She took some time to think.

"Okay, we'll stay." She smiled, "Can I?" I asked before embracing her into a hug, "You can." She smiled, leaning in.

- - - - -

What's up yall, it's pengu, back again...after a long time heh..how are you all doing??? Anything new? Crazy? Life Changing??? Well I might get a guinea pig soon so yup, might teach them how to be a spy or smthg hahahha. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Michaeng kidsss <333 lol - Pengu