Chapter 32

- It'll always be you, even if you think I've walked astray, my road will always lead back to you -

Mina POV

"Emiko?" What was she doing here? "Ms. Mina, please don't go with her, please don't be with Chaeyoung!" I was so confused, how did she know and why is she telling me this? "Excuse me?" She had no right to have a say on who I'm in a relationship with.

"W-wait, you are Chaeyoung are together?!" Somi gasped, "So you two are just a pair of cheaters, I can't believe this Chaeyoung, I thought you loved me, I love you." Her eyes started to water. "I-I did Somi, I did, but-" She was interrupted, "Was Mina the one you were waiting for when we met?" There was silence. "What is she talking about Chaeng?" I asked but she didn't answer. "Chaeyoung." I called her again but she stood still, "Don't listen to them Ms. Mina, don't go with Chaeyoung please!" Emiko took my arm, "And why shouldn't I?" I turned to her, this has never happened before, Emiko has always been poised, calm and on top of everything, the best assistant really.

"Because...I love you." I gasped but not out loud, "W-what did you say?" everything was starting to get a bit overwhelming, "I love you Ms. Mina, so please, don't be with Chaeyoung." I couldn't answer but I knew what my answer was, I love Chaeyoung, "I can't take this anymore!" Somi said, storming out, "Somi!" Chaeyoung called, walking after her. "Chaeyoung!" I called, she turned around and her eyes seemed to say, "let me work this out." I sighed and she turned around.

I walked back in the house, what the heck just happened, this morning went for a sweet ambience to a chaotic battleground, "Ms. Mina!" Emiko called me again. I turned around, I couldn't keep the love she had for me because I love Chaeyoung, it will break her heart but, the truth does hurt. "I'm sorry Emiko, I can't love you, I love Chaeyoung, I'm sorry." My voice was stern yet soft in a way. "B-but what about that time when you said I could call you Ms. Mina o-or when you scolded me for running in the rain but then got me medicine, was that not love?" She asked, desperately trying to find hope, "Emiko, you're my assistant and the best one I could ever have, I said you could call me Ms. Mina because we've worked together for almost three years, I scolded and gave you medicine because I think of you as a friend and I didn't want you to get sick." I explained and it was true.

"Oh." Her expression was blank, "Okay, I'm sorry I misread the situation." She averted her gaze to the floor. "Emiko." I put my hand on her shoulder, "No, it's my fault Ms. Mina, I've made things awkward now, I'll turn my resignation letter in tomorrow." She said, turning away but I stopped her.

"No, Emiko, you're the best assistant a CEO could have, Myoui Modeling couldn't have been where it is now without your help, so please stay, we could put this behind us and pretend it didn't happen. You'll find someone out there for you, don't worry." She smiled and nodded, "Thank you Ms. Mina...can I hug you?" She asked and I paused for a bit, "Yes, and when we are outside of work, call me Mina." I smiled.

Chaeyoung POV

"Somi!" I ran after her, "What Chaeyoung! What now!?!" She aggressively turned around, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to find out like this-" I wasn't done explaining when she cut me off, "I don't care if this wasn't how I was suppose to find out! We were suppose to get married Chaeng! We loved each other! But now...I hope you're happy." She started to cry waterfalls, "Somi." I let out a small breath, "I'm so sorry Somi, I was going to tell you today." I tried to reason with her, "How long Chae, how long have you two been seeing each other?" She asked, "Just yesterday but it's not like that, I realized that I missed her and that I wanted her back, I was going to tell you today, I promise. I love you Somi, I always have and I always will, you're like a little sister to me." I told, trying to get her to calm down.

"Fine, but answer this question, was she the one you were waiting for at the building?" Yes, yes she was, and I'd do it again and again if it meant I would see her again. "Yes." I answered and Somi let out a hefty sigh, "Okay, I'll be going now, I hope you two are happy." She put on a weak smile. "You too." I nodded and we parted ways.

- - -

I walked along the streets, I finally ended my engagement. Although it meant I could finally be with the person I love the most, that doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

I was alone with my thoughts until something bumped into my leg, a small furry puppy barked with it's tongue hanging from their mouth. I picked them up to check their tag, "Ray?" I read, that name sounds familiar, "Hey!" Someone shouted, running over. "I'm sorry, he's never like this." She said taking him out of my arms, his golden fur reminded me of something, "We were loading him off the truck after transferring from Korea and he ran off!" She laughed and I smiled.

"Are you from a puppy cafe in Seoul?" I asked, finally remembering where I saw this dog. "Yeah! Have you been?" She asked, happy that someone knew of the place, "Yeah! I went with m-my...someone." I awkwardly chuckled, we never really clarified what we were yet. "Oh! That's awesome! Hope you two come again!" She said and started to walk away. But I remembered her saying that one day she would like to have a dog and then I did something unexpected, "Excuse me! Ma'am?" I walked over and it seemed as if the dog smiled, He jumped out of her arms and rubbed her head against my leg, "Can I buy the dog?" She looked at me confused, "Um, the dogs aren't really for sale." I sighed, "That's because most of them already have an owner, but lucky for you, Ray doesn't." My face lit up, "How much?" I asked. "Well, since it seems that he likes you very much and we may never find another owner for him, you can take him, no charge." She smiled.

I looked at the dog and it seemed as if we were sharing the same thoughts, I can't wait to get back to you Mina.

- - -

"I'm home!" I said, dragging out the "e". "Chaeyoung! Where have you been?! It's been an hour! What did I say about you leaving without your phone! Do you still love her Chae After you ran after her and didn't come back, I thought you two got back together or something. Well, you know what! If you love her, go to her Chae, I don't care anymore. " She rambled, worried, she paced back and forth. "Mina." I stopped her, "What." She said. "I fixed things with Somi and I love you, I love you to the moon and back, there's no one else." I smiled and we embraced in a hug. "Another thing, I got you a surprise!" She pulled away and pouted, "Chaeng, you didn't have to." She smiled and I picked up Ray from the floor, "Ta-da!" He barked as to say hello.

"Oh my goodness! It's a puppy! Chaeng..." I let her hold Ray, "His name is Ray and guess what, he's the dog from that cafe in Seoul!" She was extra surprised, "No way! T-then how is he here?" She asked and I explained everything.

"Thank you Chae." She gave me a hug and Ray happily barked, "I actually wanted to ask you something." She stated and I nodded, "What did Somi mean when she asked if I was the one you were waiting for?" I guess she should know, "I waited for you at you're building in Korea for weeks, that's how I met Somi, it wasn't until she dragged me out that I finally stopped waiting." I explained, "Oh." Her reaction was dazed. "Then one more question." I nodded once again.

"W-would you like to be my girlfriend?" She asked and I was shocked, I thought I would be the one asking. "Y-yes! Yes!" I smiled and we collapsed into another hug with Ray by our side. 

One happy family.

- - - - -

Helloo, it's Pengu. It may seem over but we still have some ways to go, thank you for all the reads, votes and comments, I love you all!! Stay safe and healthy! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Pengu outtt- Pengu <33