Chapter 20

- I never thought it would be you, the one person who could start my heart, and the only person who ended it... -

Chaeyoung POV

I don't know what's going on, but I hate seeing her like this. There hasn't been one smile shown on her face for the past week, she's been distant, it hurts. We haven't spoken to each other since two days ago and I miss hearing her voice. I just wish I could fix whatever is bothering her.

I woke up to a chilly house, "Minari?" I yell to see if she's still home. There was no response, maybe she's sleeping, so I checked her room but...everything was gone, she was gone. Her clothes disappeared from the drawers, the papers of her table vanished, she was gone. My breath became shallow, where did everything go wrong?

I scrambled to get my phone and dial Sana's number, "S-Sana, do you know where Mina is?" I ask, my breath hitched, "Wait I thought you two were together, she said that you two were going back to Japan." Sana said confused, "O-okay, thank you, I have to go." I say and get into my car. I was so close to breaking down, but I had to keep myself together for her.

She wouldn't leave me, she promised, I tried to reassure myself, I've tried holding myself back, but my vision became blurry, these darn tears.

On the way to the airport I got a call, "Mr. Myoui, do you know what's going on? Why did Mina leave?" I bombard him with questions. "I'm sorry Chaeyoung...but the marriage is off, the money will be transferred to your parents and you don't have to worry or be in any sort of contact with Mina anymore." He says and I stop, no, this can't be happening. I felt as if everything fell apart, there was a dent and it was tearing through my defences, destroying my heart.

"No, I can't, I won't, I have to see her again." I say out loud. "Her plane didn't leave yet so hurry, good luck." He says and hangs up, she didn't leave yet which means I still have time to talk her out of returning back to her endless life of unhappiness.

My heart was racing, I don't know what I would do without her, she's my other half, the piece that keeps me moving. It may be selfish, but I don't think I can lose her, I love her and it's the first thing that I've been sure of in years. She made my world spin which made me stumble without her hand in mine.

I drove to the entrance and she was, her heels clacking against the cool cement, her usual work attire and emotionless expression. I get out of my car, "Mina!" I yell, hoping to get her attention, although I want her to be mine, by my side forever, I hope to see her one last time if leaving is what she choses.

Mina POV

"I can't do this anymore father, let's end the contract." I say, packing my clothing. "Why?" he asks and I sigh, stuffing my belongings in quickly. "This has been distracting me from work and you've heard what happened, I need to go back to Japan today, so please, let me end it." I roll my suitcase down to the entrance of our house. "Fine, as you wish. The money will be transferred to Chaeyoung's parents...and it's up to you if you want to see her again." He says and I take one last look at our house, goodbye Chaeyoung.

- - -

"Mina!" Someone called my name. Chaeyoung, what is she doing here. "What are you doing here." I say and she walks over. "Please, can we just talk this out?" Her eyes glistened in the daylight. "There's nothing to talk about, our business marriage is over, your parents get the money, we don't have to see each other again." I say and then turn around to walk away.

"No." She takes my hand, I try to pull away but she stands her ground, "I-I want to see you again though, did I do something wrong, I'm sorry Minari, I'll fix it, whatever it is." That nickname, whenever she says it, it makes me feel weak and safe and home...but as much as I would like that feeling to return, I'm letting it go. I'm letting my feelings for her drift off into the open air, to release into another person's arms, and hopefully, that someone would treat her better than I have.

"Our contract is done, goodbye Chaeyoung." She releases me from her grasp, and it's like the light that once resided in her heart had burned out, her eyes lost their spark. "So it was all business?! All "work" nothing else? Did you ever feel anything when we were together." Her words attacked me, the more I hurt her, the harder it is to resist running to her aid, but it would be easier for her to get over me. But of course it wasn't business...I felt everything when we were together, she showed me the world, but I couldn't tell her that.

Even though my moods were a rollercoaster, she would be the one riding next to me, holding my hand up the air to embrace them. We would feel the rushing wind together, the fast dips and the enticing lifts, the exciting screams and scary views, but we were together and that's what mattered.

The memories of the time when I confessed and got my heart broken became all too familiar, but this time I was the one breaking a heart. "It was fun, but I should've been focussing more on work rather than this." I say and she scoffs, "So "this" was all fun, is playing with someone's heart fun to you Mina? Sana was right, all you do is think about work, you think about it so much that you would choose it over someone else. You were happy Mina, I could tell, don't deny it, what happened?!" She says, tears streaming down her face, I wanted to wipe them away, but I had to leave, staying hurt too much, "Look me in the eyes and tell me that what we had was fake, that everything, all the smiles, all the laughs, all our memories were unreal, tell me, and I'll let you go." I step forward, my heart is betraying me, I lift my hand to wipe her pain away, to touch her soft cheek one last time, but I hold back...I'll miss them.

"It was all...fake." I say, this is for the best. I turned around to walk away, a single tear dropped onto my cheek, I'm sorry Chaeyoung. "You promised!" I kept walking, I couldn't stay because if I did, I would be risking everything for something that I don't even deserve, "I don't care if it was all fake because for me it was real, but you promised you wouldn't leave...I love you Mina." I stopped, I love you too Chaeng.

- - - - -

Hey...it's pengu, cry with me? Should I end the book here? Haha, just kidding, there is still more fuel in their train of adventures so don't worry. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, sighs...let's get ready for the next ones - Pengu <333