Chapter 17

- I've been searching this whole time not realizing that the answer was right in front of me, I've been seeking a home, a shelter, a place where I could settle down, be me...I've finally found it and that home is you -

Mina POV

"Have you ever been in love before?" I ask Chaeyoung on the ride back to our house. "Maybe." She replies with a plain reply. "What do you mean?" I ask, pushing the subject. "There was once this girl who was really cold and isolated, it seemed like she hated everyone, but when I got to know her better, she was warm and caring and loved every small gesture towards her, she was a rose. I thought I liked her, but till this day, I still don't know." She finished. "Wow, what was her name?" I say, wanting to know more about Chaeyoung. "Um, well...that's a story for another day." She says and I sigh, "Fine." I lean back, resting my head on the head rest.

- - -

"You two are back!" Dahyun exclaims, "How was your date?" Dahyun asks, smiling in a teasing manner. "It was fun." I answer and Chaeyoung nods, "Yeah, it was nice." She adds on.

"Wow, you two are just something, the lack of explanation is just exquisite." Dahyun sighs, walking up the stairs. "I'm going to go to bed, good night Chaeyoung." I say. "Goodnight."

Dahyun POV

I lay in bed thinking of Momo. I felt empty without her by my side, my heart was missing. I shut my eyes holding on to the last bit of happiness I had left, because without her, my whole world would just end in sadness.

"Momo-unnie?" I pick up the phone. "Dahyunnie, I missed you." Her voice whispered and I just sat there in silence. "What have you been doing?" I ask, trying to fill my bottomless whole, "Hmm, something special." She just says which makes me worried. "Are you cheating on me?" I ask, tired of feeling like this, if she is, it'll be easier to let her go. "I would never Dubu, not on anyone and especially not on you, you'll see." the sound of her voice reassures me, "I have to go, but I miss you and...I love you." She says hanging up.

We've never said those three words before, I sat on the bed, the phone still up to my ear. Does she really love me? I fall asleep thinking of what the future may bring.

- - -

We go to work, the same as yesterday, but something was weird. When we passed Jinyoung, he wasn't his usual self, he bowed, said good morning and left. Mina and Chaeyoung were a bit off as well, Chaeyoung gripped onto Mina as Mina's aurora turned deathly cold. I guess something might've happened between them.

The day went by smoothly, mostly of us finishing and signing off contracts. "Let's go eat dinner together!" Tzuyu suggested, Mina and Chaeyoung nodded in agreement. "It's settled, I'll call Sana." Tzuyu says, going on her phone, "What about Momo-unnie?" I ask and Chaeyoung replies with, "I think she'll be busy tonight." I sigh.

We ate dinner at a small restaurant, Sana, Mina, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were all engaged in a conversation, but I kept checking my phone to see if I would get a message from her.

After dinner, they insisted on going on a walk near the park. Of course I refused since I wasn't really in the mood, but they forced me along anyways.

We came to an area lit with small twinkle lights along the pathway, it was dark outside and the stars greeted us with their presence which made  everything looked so much nicer. Upon the path there was this small gazebo decorated with millions of flowers, there must be a special occasion or something I think to myself. Momo would love this, I sigh taking in the warm breezy air.

As we get closer to the gazebo, they stop, I turn around confused. But they don't say anything, just signaling me to go inside. I looked up and saw Momo, she looked beautiful, her long wavy hair against her long black blazer. "Momo?" I walked up the stairs, my heart thumping with each step. "Dahyunnie..." She mutters, "Wh-what is all this?" I ask, looking around, pink and white blossoms bloomed around the columns of the structure, string lights were hung all around in a disorganized pattern, illuminating the place, I'm in awe.