Chapter 3

- The most unexpected things may be a blessing in disguise -

Mina POV

"Akira, you never said your daughter was this pretty!" The lady said and I gave a soft smile. "Thank you." I said. "Mina, this is Mr. and Mrs. Son." He introduces and I bow. "Oh honey, we do hugs." She says and wraps her arms around me and I do the same.

They are rather different, they seem more friendly. "Have a seat." My father said gesturing for them to sit down. "You seem awfully familiar." I say to Mrs. Son as they sit down, "Have we met before?" I ask. "Ah, you may have seen me on advertisement boards or commercials, I used to be a model for the company!" She says. "Oh!" I say surprised. "Would you like anything to drink?" My father asks them. "Some tea would be nice." Mrs. Son says and Mr. Son nods. "So, shall we talk about the business regarding the marriage between me and your so-" My father interrupted, "daughter." I'm confused.

I look at my father and he gives me a smile. I was against another arranged marriage, going along preparing for another arranged marriage, until now. I was intrigued, it slowly started with the warmth of the parents and now the unexpected turn of me to be married with their daughter. Of course I could still say no, but the chance of that is highly unlikely now.

"Ah yes! But don't think of it as marriage but a sped up blind date." Mrs. Son said and I smiled. "Do you have a picture of her?" I asked, curious. "Yes! This was her a few years ago and recently when we went to dinner a few weeks ago."

I looked at her high school photo, she had a boyish haircut, she looked handsome, well more handsome than the other guys with the same haircut, but then again it could just be me getting tired of men. I look at her recent photo and her hair has grown down around to her waist area and she has become cute? How could someone turn from handsome to cute in two pictures? I wonder to myself still captivated by the whole situation.

"Your daughter is very beautiful." I say handing the phone back to Mrs. Son. "Thank you! I think you two will get along very well, that is, if you accept the proposal." She says. "What does your daughter think about it?" I ask. "She doesn't know yet, but if you agree, we will fly her over from Korea, so you both can meet and tell her then." Mr. Son said. "And all of you are okay with this?" I ask looking at my father. "Of course, why wouldn't we be?" He asks and I nod.

"Is it okay, if I excuse myself for a bit?" I ask and they nod. I walk to the balcony to get some fresh air. That was a bit unprofessional of me to break character, but it was all so surprising. What should I do? My hands take a mind of their own and dial Sana's number. "What's up Mina?" She asks. "I-I don't know." I stutter. "Mina are you okay?" There is panic in Sana's voice. "C-Can we talk later with Momo too?" I ask. "Of course, of course, are you okay right now?" She asks, still worried. "Yeah, I'm fine." I straighten my posture and clear my throat, regaining hold of my emotions. "I'm fine." I say. "Okay, see you later." She says and I hang up, slowly walking back to join my future in-laws.

- - -

"Hey Sana and Momo, thanks for meeting me here." I say. "Of course Mina." Momo says. "So what's up?" Sana asks. "You seem pretty shaken earlier." I hesitate before telling them the news, "I've been offered another arranged marriage." I say looking back and forth at them. "Really, that's it." Sana says, unfazed. "Well, offered, that's new, usually she doesn't get a say in this." Momo says and I nod. "What's so special about this guy that has gotten you all rattled?" Sana asks.

"It's not a guy." I say and watch surprise plaster on their faces. "Wow, how the turns of tables." Momo says, still mouth agape. "Yeah." I softly laugh. "Well, are you going to accept it, did you accept it?" Sana asks, inching forward. "I..."