Chapter 15

- The thought of reaching for the light is tempting, take it and you may burn yourself, embrace it, and it may truly become yours -

Mina POV

"Dahyun are you alright?" I say sitting on the other side of her on the couch. Chaeyoung was rubbing her back while Dahyun was sniffling in a tissue. "I think Momo's cheating on me." She says looking at me and I look at Chaeyoung shocked. "Momo isn't the type of person to cheat." I say. "She spent the whole day with someone named Heechul." Dahyun says, leaning on Chaeyoung. "She got home at dinner with a smile on her face and then went to take a shower, she left her phone on the table and it kept lighting up, I know I shouldn't have checked it but I did. There were messages from him saying "I had a lot of fun with you today" and "Are we on again for tomorrow?"" Dahyun sighed. "Did you ask Momo about it?" Chaeyoung asked. "I asked her where she went and she said she was just out, she didn't say where or with who." Dahyun explained, tears streaming down her face. "I just left." She said.

"What did you say their name was again?" I asked. "Someone named Heechul." Dahyun said. "Oh." I say knowing the past that they shared. "Do you know him?" Dahyun asked and I hesitated whether to tell her the truth or let Momo tell her. "Y-yes." I say the truth. "Who is he?" Dahyun asks.

I sigh, I guess she deserves the right to know, "Heechul is someone that she used to know, he was one of the older students that came visiting from Korea. Momo and him got close pretty quickly and before he left, he confessed feelings for her." I begin and Dahyun gasps. "So he's trying to win her back now?" Dahyun asked, "Hmm, I don't know, but the story isn't over yet." I continue. "She said she liked him too, but they didn't start dating yet, they were still in the talking stage. When Momo went to Korea for a dance competition, she said she met someone that instantly made her forget her feelings for him. They met up for the last time and she told him that she didn't feel the same anymore and they parted ways." I finished the story. "Wait, dance competition...that sounds familiar." Chaeyoung said.

"Dahyun! It was you!" Chaeyoung said, connecting all the pieces. "What?" She asked, not yet seeing the picture. "You're the one from the dance competition, you're the one who made her forget about Heechul!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. "But that doesn't mean she won't go back to him right? They were once in love, that doesn't mean they might fall back." Dahyun says, leaning against the couch. "Yeah, but if they will catch feelings, it doesn't mean that you can't change her mind again." I say. "But she's not the type to cheat, so you don't have to worry." I say, reassuring her. "Thank you both." She sits up, showing her smile. "I wasn't interrupting anything when I came right?" She looked at the both of us and I paused.

The image of her lips about to collide with mine replayed in my mind, I shook my head. "No, we weren't doing anything." I said and she nodded. "Is it okay if I stay overnight here?" Dahyun asks and Chaeyoung nods, "Of course, stay as long as you want." Chaeyoung says, guiding her to a room.

Just then, my phone rang, it was Momo, "Do you know where Dahyun is?" She asked, worried. "What were you doing with him?" I answered her question with a question. "What do you mean?" She asks, puzzled. "Heechul." I said bluntly. "How did you know-she saw my phone didn't she?" Momo said and groaned. "Momo if you did what she thinks you did, you messed up big time." I said. "I didn't, I swear, I would never." She says and I nod. "What happened then?" I ask. "I bumped into Heechul while doing some shopping and we went to grab some coffee to catch up with each other." She finished explaining.

"For the whole day you were getting coffee?" I asked and she sighed, "I'm not done yet. I told him about Dahyun and he offered to help me with a surprise for her, he showed me around Seoul for the best shops and stuff." She ended. "So it was a date?" I asked. "Myoui Mina, it wasn't like that." Momo said. "Hirai Momo, does he know that?" I argue back. "Mina." She said. "What." I answered. "He knows that it wasn't a date." She says. "Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes Mina, I'm sure that Heechul knows that it wasn't a date since he was helping me figure out a proposal plan for Dahyun." She said and I was speechless. "Oh My God!" I yelped, which made Chaeyoung rush downstairs, "Are you okay?!" She asked, concerned and I gave her a thumbs up. "Are you freaking squealing?" Momo asked and I could tell that she was a bit annoyed. "No!" I said trying to sound professional. "Who are you on the phone with?" Chaeyoung asked, but I didn't answer, "Momo?" She asked and I nodded.

"Give me the phone, I need to talk with her, she better not be breaking my best friend's heart." Chaeyoung said angrily but not intimidating, she might've had the roar of a tiger, but the figure of a cub. "Hold on." I said, and returned to my call with Momo. "Do you need help with anything?" I asked her. "Yeah, can you keep Dahyun there for a few days, I need to get some more stuff prepared." She says. "Okay, but come back quick before she thinks that you're cheating on her and that you don't love her anymore." I say. "I will, thanks Mina, keep her safe for me." She says and we hang up.

Chaeyoung POV

"What was that?" I asked with an interrogating look. "Momo's not cheating, Heechul was just helping her set to propose to Dahyun." Mina explained to me "Oh my." I sat down taking it all in. "Oh wow!" I exclaimed realizing that my best friend will be proposed to, knowing Dahyun, she'll say yes which means that they'll get married. I'm just so excited. "We just need to keep Dahyun here for a few days so that Momo can prep more. Can we do that?" Mina asked and I nodded.

"How's Dahyun?" She asked. "She's doing well, she's probably sleeping now, but she's worried about her relationship with Momo." I sigh and rest my back against the couch, Mina leans on my shoulder. "Should we talk about the "nothing" that happened earlier?" I ask, skimming my finger along her arm. "I'm tired Chaeyoung." Mina says, gets up and starts to walk to the room. "Mina, wait." I say, calling her but no words come out of my mouth. "I...never mind." I shake my head.

There were a million things that I could say at that moment, and it all came down to "Mina, I like you."...except...I didn't say it.

- - -

"Good Morning!" Dahyun said entering the kitchen, "It smells amazing, Chae." She says, sitting at the table. The smell of fried rice filled the morning, greeting it with its delicious hello. Mina came down next, "Good morning." She said sitting down at the table as well. I served a bowl of fried rice with sunny-side egg and Vienna sausages. "Breakfast is served!" I say and pass Mina a bottle of ketchup.

We eat breakfast in silence, the atmosphere a bit awkward. "So..." Dahyun breaks the silence. "How is it like living with each other." She says, "And please tell me it's not always this..quiet." She adds. "It's just like living with a roommate." I say, not really knowing how to explain our situation. "That's it?" She asks, "No long stares, no falling in love, no smiles and laughter?" Dahyun asks and I look at Mina but she averts her eyes elsewhere, "Where's the chemistry?" She sighs.

"Fine, but you two need to lighten up, I'm sensing a lot of tension." She says and walks back to her room.

"What is it?" I ask. "What do you mean?" Her eyes finally land on mine. "You've been ignoring me all morning Mina." I say and she shrugs, "There's nothing to say." I scoff, "There you go again, it's always a rollercoaster with you." I say getting up to leave the table but she stops me. "I'm sorry." Her words always had a certain affect on me. "It's not that there's nothing to say, it's just...I don't know what to say." Her eyes soften. "Okay." I say and lift her arms to rest them on my shoulder, I then wrap my arms around her waist and draw her in.

"Sometimes words don't need to be said, sometimes actions are the things that mean the most." I whisper and her silence agrees with me.

"Chaeyoung? Are you going to work today?" Dahyun yells from upstairs and I lift my head up. "Yeah!" I yell back. "Are you going to be okay here by yourself?" I pulled us apart so I could see those beautiful eyes. "Can I come with you? I want to see where you work." She says, knowing that she will be here alone with no one to talk to, I say yes. "Of course." She resumes our hug, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Ready to go?" Dahyun walks down stairs and spots us in the position we are currently in. "Oh." She says and Mina turns around, letting go. It wasn't a sudden break away but a slow release, her walls guarding her heart were setting down, I could feel it.

- - - - -

Heyyyyyy! It's Pengu hehe, their hug was based off of that one backstage hug where Mina put her arms on Chaeyoung and then Chaeyoung took Mina's waist and closed the gap between them and when they pulled apart Chaeyoung saw the camera and was like 😶 haha, anywaysssss...thank you so much for over 2k reads and 20 votes!! I appreciate all of you peeps!! hope you enjoyed this chapter!! - Pengu <3