Chapter 8

- My eyes land on you and I smile like never before -

Chaeyoung POV

She called me Chaengie, I think to myself. We finished dinner and got ready to walk back to the hotel, Satzu and Dahmo wanted to go karaoking, but Mina said no since she had to work tomorrow. Sana was right, all she thinks about is work. I say no as well, I too have to do some work. "May I accompany you back to your apartment?" I ask Mina. "If you want to." She says and we walk together to her apartment since it was only a few blocks away.

"So...Chaengie?" I ask. "I was simply giving you a nickname since you gave one to me as well." She said and I smiled. "I like it." I say putting my arm through hers.

We get to her door and she pulls away, "Thank you for walking me back to my apartment, please stay safe." She said, putting her key in the lock. "Mina?" I ask. "Can I come with you to work tomorrow?" I ask a question with an obvious answer, no. "I want to see what you do, and we could talk more about the building and house designs." I suggest. She takes a few seconds to think before answering? "Yes." She says. She said yes! I do a little victory dance in my head. "Meet me here tomorrow at 7:30 and we will go together." She said. "Okay, have a nice night Minari!" I say waving. "Night Chaengie." She says closing the door.

I pump my fist in the air, I can't wait to see her workplace.

- - -

I wake up at 6:00 to get ready and then get some breakfast for the both of us. I didn't know what she liked so I got both of us an Americano and eggs with toast. They offered ketchup, I didn't know if Mina liked ketchup with her eggs so I took it anyways.

It was almost 7:00 by the time I got everything so I went to Mina's apartment and knocked on the door. "Good morning!" I said, showing my brightest smile. "Good morning." She said dressing in a long black blazer, black turtle-neck, and black dress pants. Wow, she really looked like a powerful CEO.

"I got us some breakfast." I said on the ride to the building. "I don't eat breakfast." She said and I gasped. "Well, you will now." I say. "How could you skip breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day, not to mention how yummy it is, I mean how-" She cut me off, "Okay, I'll eat breakfast." She said to stop me from rambling on. I smile at the small victory.

We walked through the building earning a lot of murmuring coming from the staff, but when Mina looked at them they stopped and scrambled to do their work. They must be scared of her, but what is there to be scared of?

We sat in her office and I gave her the breakfast box, but when she opened it, she sighed. "Ketchup?" I asked and her face lit up. "How did you know I like ketchup?" She asks squirting it on the eggs. "I didn't but got some just in case." I said and I am so glad that I did.

"I have a meeting at 10:00 and 15:00/3:00pm and then a photoshoot at 17:00/5:00 pm. Will you be okay here by yourself?" She asks, typing on her laptop. "No." I say and she looks up. "I want to come with you to your photoshoot." I say and she hesitates for a second before going back to typing. "Very well." She says taking a bite of the eggs and toast. I smile seeing her eat, the corners of her mouth rising as she chews, I assume she likes it.

Time goes by and she leaves for her meeting, I should get some lunch for the both of us, I think to myself. There is a nice sukiyaki place a few blocks away, I'll be back before she finishes her meeting, I say to myself and leave.

- - -

I enter the office huffing and seeing Mina pace back and forth. "Where were you?!" She asks, and I can sense worry in her voice. "I-I was... getting...lunch." I tried catching my breath. "Whew, what a workout." I said sitting down.