Chapter 25

- When fire and ice, what an odd pairing, the flames melting the ice, the ice putting out the fire, they're always breaking each other down, tearing one another apart, maybe it's just not meant to be...-

A/N: This chapter will be exchanging between Mina and Chaeyoung's pov a lot so you (aka the awesome readers) will have a bigger heartbre-um I mean a better understanding of how both of the characters are feeling hehe...enjoyyyy <333

Mina POV

"Sana-chan..." I speak into my phone but no one responds. "I'm really really sorry Sana." I say again, but the line is silent. "Are you going to answer or..." A voice appears, Tzuyu, but I don't think she was talking to me. "Shush, it's called a silent treatment Tzuyu!" She whispers loudly, "How?! You're literally on a call, if it was a silent treatment you wouldn't have picked up!" Tzuyu loudly whispers back. I smile at the bickering, "Fine! I'll answer then."

"What do you want?" She says, but her voice was a bit harsh, I never knew she had a side like this, "Um, I wanted to know how Chaeyoung is doing." I say but once again, the other side goes quiet. "No." She says, "What, why not?" I ask, Sana's new attitude surprised me.

"You call after a year asking how the girl's heart whom you broke is, you really hurt her Mina and you're asking how she is? Why? Are you going to find ways to break her down again? I swear I was going to fly to Japan to whoop your ass but Chaeyoung told me not to. So give me one good reason to not end this call right now." I've underestimated Sana, although I said she does have an unintelligent mind, she really does care for the people around her.

"I love her." It was the blunt truth, one that I couldn't escape or hold back anymore. "I realize that leaving her was a huge mistake and that I inflicted much unnecessary pain towards her and I want to make it right. She makes me happy and...I need her to know that." I finish, confessing my true feelings, "She's doing well, really well, I'll help you apologize but love, I don't know if you two will ever share the same feelings again." And just like that my heart lifted yet fell from millions of stories.

"Seeing her smile is all that matters to me right now." It's the very least, I had a feeling that being lovers wasn't going to be on the table again, "Wow." Sana gasped, "What?" I ask. "I've never seen this side of you before Mina, you're so lovey dovey, it's kind of scary." She's warming back up, I smile. "Shut up Sana, what about you and Tzuyu?" I ask, they seem to still be together.

"Oh, Tzuyu is just the best thing that ever happened to me." She sighs, "Aww thanks babe." A voice chimes in, "Oh great, didn't know you heard that." Sana grumbles, "Now she's going to taunt me with my words every five minutes."

Laughter could be heard from Tzuyu, "You know you love me, after all, I am the best thing that ever happened to you." She teased , there was silence but suddenly soft moans were played through my speaker, are they making out?! "Are you two making out?!" So many emotions, I scrunch my nose, "Yes, and we will continue, bye Mina!" The phone hung up.

I'm glad we fixed everything between us, I call Momo next apologizing. Of course she forgave as well as Dahyun and we spent the next hour catching up.

*time skip to the present*

After seeing her across the street with another girl, having flowers given and hugs exchanged. Seeing the smile on their faces was no lie, I guess she moved on. Heartbreak, I couldn't find any other way to describe it, there were a million words but it all came down to one. I was too late, she already found someone new.

Chaeyoung POV

"Mina? W-what are you doing here." she tries to flee but I take her arm. "Um, I-I was just around the area and I saw you with your girlfriend. But I have to go now." I laugh, Yeri? My girlfriend? Please, that's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard.

"Yeri is not my girlfriend and you're back from Japan?" I ask, wondering why she isn't there working. "Oh, well, I just, I-" I stop her, "You don't have to make up excuses Mina, just tell me." I let her go and she stands there, her eyes have changed once again.

Maybe it's because we're standing on two opposite sides of a lake, separated by water, but one of us seemed to have floated away already. We stare into each other, her guard seems to be down, her eyes warm like a midsummer night. I'm searching really hard right now, to all the corners, the highest shelfs to the lowest shelfs to find why, why did you cause me so much pain?

And, are you back to hurt me some more?

Mina POV

She's changed, her eyes cold like a fresh winter morning. The news of her not having a girlfriend lifted my heart back up, I won't break yours again this time Chaeyoung, I promise.

I stepped forward, wanting to explain everything, but something caught my eye. Something dangling from a chain around her neck, it gave me hope. I reach for it and smile, "You're wearing our ring." I look at her but she looks away, oh. "I see you're still wearing the ring as well." She points to my ring finger. "Y-yeah." Maybe we do have a chance.

"Chaeyoung, I'm really sorry, I never should have left you, I thought that being with you was hurting me when it was actually giving me a chance to live life, you showed me how to feel Chaeyoung. You showed me how to be happy and I took you for granted. I miss you Chae and...I-I think I love you." We hold a gaze in silence, her mind seems to be confused.

"I...I'm sorry Mina, but I can't."

Chaeyoung POV

Why did it have to be now, I knew that we were going to see each other but I didn't think it'd be so soon and her confessing...all my feelings swirled through the wind, anger, sadness, happiness, lost love.

I didn't know how to feel, but one thing was sure, I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Mina POV

"W-what?" I stutter, processing everything. But she loved me, I love her, we love each other right? So why can't we make this happen? Why can't we try? We may be fire and ice but opposites attract, they always do.

"I'm sorry I-" Her phone rings and when she reads the caller ID, the corners of her lips turn up. "I have to take this." She says and I nod.

As she puts her phone up to her ear, my mind goes blank, how do you feel everything and nothing at the same time? Our ring that once claimed that finger was replaced and it's diamond glimmered in the daylight.

So is this what Sana meant by we couldn't love each other again? Of course not, I was just being foolish. But just like I said earlier, a smile is all I needed.

I smile as well as she talks on the phone. I'm happy for her, but why does the hole in my heart feel more deep?

- - - - -

Hey, it's Pengu! I know you all hate me...heartbreak after heartbreak and all, but what's a story without a bit of pizzazz. This chapter took me some time to write because I had a writer's block for a few days, but it's out now!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter... -Pengu <33