Chapter 42

- You push and pull me like the waves...our oceanic adventure of breathtaking corals and treacherous deep ends, but they all clear away to a shallow breath when you show your light to the world, when you pull me closer and closer - 

Chaeyoung POV

The rest of my life starts here. To be exact, it starts right next to Myoui Mina. I've spent my life being a hopeless romantic, standing behind the couples or the ones taking the pictures of the lovely pair. But in those moments, I wouldn't feel jealousy but happiness. I know it's corny, and I'm a very corny person, but it really is the power of love.

It's fate that brought Mina and I together and I'm so glad that we met. Even if she kept running away from her feelings, I don't think she would ever leave the spot she had in my heart.

"So you'll take Mitsuki to school and watch Kaito for the rest of the time? Are you sure you don't want to put him in daycare?" Mina asks, getting Mitsuki's school backpack ready. "No, we don't need daycare, I would love to spend time with our son." I smile, "Our son huh?" She walks closer, "I love the sound of the." She puts her arm around me, "Good morning Mom!" A little girl in pigtails came in, "Morning!" We said at the same time.

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" I ask her, "Of course! I'm super excited!" She takes a bite of her toast. "Awesome! I'll go wake up Kaito and then we can go." I say and then head to his room.

"Kaito." I whisper, gently shaking him, "Hello." He popped up, "Oh my, you scared me." I gasp. "Let's get changed, we've got a lot of work to do today!" I helped him put on his street wear.

"All aboard!" I say, opening the door for our kids, "Thank you Mama!" They hop in.

- - -

"Have a lot of fun at school today." I kiss Mitsuki on the forehead, "Make lots of friends." Mina gives her a hug. "Do good!" Kaito gives her a thumbs up. "I miss you." He starts to cry, "Don't worry Kaito, I'll be back before you know it! And besides you get to spend the whole day with Mama, how cool is that?!" She tries to cheer him up, "You're right, all better now!" His smile returned. "Goodbye sweetie, see you later!" We bid farewell to our daughter.

"Have fun at work Minari, don't yell too much and please smile." I kiss her goodbye, "No promises." She waves goodbye. "W-wait!" Kaito hops out of the car, "Byebye, I love you, I miss you." He wraps his small arms around her. "I love you too, and I'll miss you as well." She frowns. "We send many pictures!" Kaito exclaims. "Okay okay, I'll look forward to them." She smiles at him with her loving eyes.

- - -

I take Kaito to the studio, "What would you like to do today little man?" I ask him as he looks around the room, "Dance party, dance party!" He says, jumping up and down. "That sounds like a great idea." I put on some music. "Wooo!" He starts busting moves, and to be honest, he's not that bad. "Kaito, would you like to go to dance classes?" I ask him. "I wish, but I don't know if I am good enough." He looks up at me with those cute sad eyes. "You are amazing Kaito! Don't you worry. If you were to take a dance class, what type of dance would it be?" I ask, him, curiously. "Hmm, I really like ballet." I smile, Minari used to be a ballerina too.

"That's perfect! There's a ballet studio right across the street, I can take you there and see if you can join!" I say, excitedly. "Thank you Mama!" He crawls to sit on my lap, "No problem kiddo."

*time skip to a lot of years later*

Mina POV

"Mommy please hurry up! I'm going to be late!" Our oldest shouted up the stairs, "It's not like she's going to notice you or anything." Kaito leans against the stairs, smirking. "Shut up shorty." They argue, "Okay, okay I'm here." I run down the stairs, "Kaito stop teasing your sister, and don't worry, she will notice you, you are amazing. I heard you playing in the room and I have to say, I'm impressed." I pat her in the back, "Thanks mommy." She glares at Kaito.

Mitsuki finally got a chance to play at this café where this girl she likes works. She's been frantic yet excited all week. Today we are going to watch her perform and hopefully it'll end up with them on a date. Typical teenage romance.

We arrive at the café and it seems that the girl is already there, "How do I look?" She asks me looking panicked. "You look perfect, go show her what you're made of." I give her a hug. "Okay." She sighs, turning around and stepping in.

"Oh my god, she's here." Kaito faces away from the window. "Who? Ryujin?" Chaeng asks, looking around the café, "Oh my god, don't make it so obvious." He covers his eyes. "Why don't you go ask to sit next to her?" I offer. "I can't, I'm too nervous." He shows us his shaking hands. "You can do it, just ask, "Is this seat taken?" and if she says no, then sit there." Chaeyoung gives advice, "Okay, I'm going in, wish me luck." He strides in.

Mitsuki grew up to be a beautiful lady with long black hair with an elegant aura. She's very smart and talented and likes to spend her time drawing or writing songs. She's very introverted like her mother but once she warms up to you, she can be as outgoing as can be.

Kaito aged into a gentleman, he really is super caring and kind. The both of them are, his loudness and outgoing vibes really caused him to attract many people. He enjoys spending his time in the studio dancing ballet or gaming with me.

It's been such a fun journey raising the both of them up and Chaeng has been amazing. She's so supportive and caring and always there whenever there's a problem. That's why I love her.

"Teen love." She sighs, holding my hand, "You didn't experience that right?" I remember her saying she never had a relationship before we met. "Nope, even though I would always dream about being in love at that age, I never really went for it." She chuckled.

I look over to Kaito and he's sitting next to Ryujin with a smile. I give him a thumbs up and he replies with the same gesture.

A soft melody starts playing...I look over to Chae and rest my head on her shoulder.

Cue By My Side by JUNNY

The song ends and everyone starts clapping. One of the waitresses walks up to her and they start talking. After, she runs over, "We're going on a date after she finishes work!" She exclaims. "That's great sweetie! I'm so proud of you!" Chaeng hugs her. "That was amazing sis!" Kaito runs up, "Omg, was that a compliment?" She teases, "Yes it was, a once in a lifetime experience so you better savor it." He jokes. "Thanks bro." She ruffles his hair.

"Is it okay if Ryujin and I hang out later?" He asks us, "Hangout huh, are you sure it's not a date?" Chaengie nudges him, "Uh, n-no." He rubs the back of his head, "Go ahead, have fun you two. Be back by dinner though!" I warn. "Yes ma'am!" They salute.

We walked out of the café, "Would you like to walk with me m'lady?" She offers her hand out. "I would love that." I take it. "Time has passed so fast, it felt like it was just yesterday we were outside of that club." She takes a deep breath. "It has, and I'm so glad that I came back." I stare into her eyes and it's just like the day I met her, those same warm red tints that drew me in, the same burning sensation that made my heart beat like crazy.

"I love you." I tell her, holding both her hands, "I love you too." We dive into a deep warm feeling, brushing our lips against one another.

You push and pull me like the waves...our oceanic adventure of breathtaking corals and treacherous deep ends, but they all clear away to a shallow breath when you show your light to the world, when you pull me closer and closer.

The END

- - - - -

Y'all...we finished the story. Thank you all so much for all the reads and the votes and the hilarious reactions in the comments. I'll miss you all and this story so muchhh. I hope you all enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! I put out a new book called Our Ten Dates and it would be cool if y'all could take a look at it! Stay safe, be healthy, find cheesy romance - Pengu <33