The Best Birthday Ever

A/n HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM! WE ALL LOVE YOU AND WE HOPE YOU HAVE/HAD A FANTASTIC DAY <3

Anyway...*coughs awkwardly* I felt that seeing it is Hiddles' birthday, there has to be an update and this update is so important I hope you all enjoy it.

Media:

Image - is Tom and Ben at the BAFTAs last night...the Hiddlesbatch feels

Video - is Ben reading...sorry not sorry

Enjoy xXx

____________________

Tom wakes up to the sound of Emmeline Rose bawling her eyes out wanting attention from her father. He peers at his clock which displays the digits ‘8:14’ and chuckles. “Must be my birthday.” He mumbles to himself before chucking on some clothes; simple jeans, shirt and jumper will do. He stumbles out of his bedroom and stands in the corridor for a few moments taking in his surroundings. When he and Benedict first got together he imagined his birthday being crammed full of activities which they would spend together but he is alone. His loving boyfriend is currently in London but the wrong part of London filming the Sherlock. He thought that he wouldn’t mind but now he feels a sense of neglect. He is snapped out of his thoughts by the symphony that is being played around him. A mixture of his phone chiming, the baby crying and someone knocking on the door. It is not a pleasant sound but indicates to him that he is wanted which makes him inwardly smile. “Just a minute!” He calls to whoever is at the door and he grabs his phone in one swift movement to silence it. So many fans wishing him a ‘Happy Birthday’ he must remember to give his thanks to them later he notes. He rushes into the nursery where Emmeline is laying on her back, waving her little legs in the air craving attention. Tom scoops the infant up and begins to cradle her in his arms. The warmth she is letting off makes Tom feel content. Remembering the person at the door he wanders out of the nursery and towards the door. With Emmy in one arm and him only having another spare, he cleverly places his elbow on the door handle as he tackles the latch with his fingers. The door opens and the opposite side Elli, Nathan, Stephanie and Lauren all with presents in their hands. “Hey guys!” He greets with a childish grin, “Please come in.” They all enter the apartment while singing happy birthday much to Emmeline’s bafflement.

“Anthony sends him love.” Elli speaks up when they stop singing. Tom gently places his daughter in her chair and kisses her lightly on her forehead lovingly. When he turns he is engulfed into a group hug by his dear friends making him grin.

They all sit in the living area; Tom in the middle of the sofa with Lauren and Stephanie sitting either side of him, Elli in the armchair clutching onto some gifts and Nathan on the floor. They all give Tom his presents which he unwraps neatly and carefully. Lots of gratitude is released from the actor and there is one gift left. “This is from Emmeline Rose.” Lauren announces as she passes him the neatly wrapped in Lego Loki wrapping paper causing Tom to chuckle.

“Wait.” He states as he looks at the present in his hands and flickers his eyes to Emmeline and back to the present, “How did she get me anything when she is a-”

“Just open it.” Steph interrupts with a happy sigh. Tom tears the paper off and he smiles when he sees what is inside. His smile has not just reached his lips and cheeks but also his eyes. It is a ceramic plate with Emmeline’s handprint in the centre. Her names I carved on the top brim of the dish and the date that it was made at the bottom. He traces the handprint with his fingertips totally in awe of this gift that he has received.

“Oh my…thank you so much.” He says to no one in particular not knowing who took his daughter to have the plate made. A car honks its horn outside the building causing Elli’s head snap up towards the sound.

“Right.” She utters, “That would be our ride.”

“Our ride?” Tom questions totally oblivious.

“Yes.” Nate confirms, “Now everyone get off your asses and get outside we have somewhere to be.” He gets to his feet and delicately lifts up Emmy’s chair before heading towards the door with the rest of the group following quickly. Tom is the last one out the door. He shuts the door and locks it as he shrugs on his leather jacket.

\~.~.~.~.~/

The black, seven seated, Range Rover which had been hired for this occasion is buzzing with excited but with a sense of confusion on Tom’s part. They are now approaching their destination and it is like something clicks in Tom’s head, he knows where they are going. The Sherlock set. Well where they are filming Sherlock today anyway. The street is lined with fencing to prevent the fans from spilling out into shot, the cameras are set up ready for filming to begin and the cast are huddled behind a screen discussing. The car pulls up to the curb furthest away from the crowds who begin to scream in anticipation. The group evacuate the car and the screams get louder when the fans see Tom standing there with his daughter in his arms. Benedict comes into view wearing his Victorian garb but a very post costume with a top hat which he quickly removes and passes to the nearest person to him which happens to be Martin. He approaches his partner but before he gets there he turns to the crowd and waves his hand around to get their attention. He puts up three fingers and gradually drops them down bringing the flock of fans into song. “Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to dear Tom. Happy birthday to you!” The crowd jeers and a tone of pink creeps up Tom’s cheeks.

Ben completes the walk towards his boyfriend and nods at Elli signalling her to remove the young infant from Tom’s arms, which she does cautiously. “Happy birthday TW…” He whispers before planting a soft kiss to his lips.

“Thank you.” Tom chuckles nervously in reply.

“Now then I have something I would like to say.” Benedict begins, “We have known each other since 2010 and although it has only been about five years I feel like I have known you forever. First as friends and then as more than friends. We have experienced some bad times but the majority have been good times and I have been privileged that I was going through it with you.” He pauses from a thoughtful breath but no one interrupts, longing to hear more. “The day that I realised that I loved you and not just had a crush on you was one of the best feelings that I have ever felt. And when I realised that you felt the same way that felt even better. I love you and I love your daughter-”

“Our daughter.” Tom interrupts, “Sorry.”

“No it is alright.” Ben chortles, “As I was saying. I love you and I love our daughter, Emmeline Rose but…” He takes a sharp intake of breath, “There is a piece of the puzzle which isn’t quite fitting.” Around the pair everyone in ear shot is listening eagerly and the fans are attempting to decipher what is being said from facial expressions. “And that is us.” Tom’s mystified expression has turned into one of gloom unsure what is about to happen.

“Ben please I-”

“No.” He puts up a finger to silence Tom before replacing it and putting his hand into the pocket of the costume. “There is something not quite right but I have put my finger on it and I…we are going to make it right.”

“Okay.” Tom replies warily.

“I am about to ask you a question Tom. A question which could be really important.” In one rehearsed but romantic move Benedict is kneeling on the floor with a velvet box in his hands, open displaying a ring. The crowd screams but they are silenced by the couple’s friends for waiting for what is about to happen. Tom cannot speak. “Thomas William Hiddleston, will you do me the honour – and it really is an honour – of becoming my husband?”

Tom smiles the most content he has ever been before replying, “Yes of course my darling.” Everyone cheers and Benedict gets back to his feet and places the ring onto Tom’s finger. He lifts up his hand to show the crowd after kissing his partner affectionately. He extends his arms as he asks for his daughter who he swamps in his arms as Benedict consumes both he and Emmeline in his. This is going to be the perfect family.

A/n Please comment your thoughts, it means a lot. Also thank you for all your support :) it means a lot and ilysm xXx