The Wedding

A/n this may not be edited...basically I haven't proof read it but hopefully it is still good! This is what GCSE exams do to people

It is Saturday the fifth of September which means only one thing; it is the wedding of Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch. It is very hectic in Tom's hotel room. The pair are getting married at Kew Gardens where the receptions is also being held but the majority of guests and indeed Tom and Benedict are staying at a hotel nearby. So far all has not gone well: Emmeline Rose is teething but is rejecting all medicine which ended up down Tom's tie.  "Shit..." He mutters and his mother smiles weakly when she sees the tie. Luckily she is used to his bad language.

"Give it here Tom. I can get that out, I just need some things from the Laundry room." She assures him as he places his daughter down into her chair. He then unknots the silky fabric around his neck carefully before passing it over to his mother with an apologetic look. "Don't worry about it Tom. All children make a mess sometime, I will be right back." She excuses herself and rushes out of the room. Tom's phone chimes and it is his husband to be.

Benedict (B): How's everything going? X

Tom (T): Okay, kind of... x

B: What has happened love? X

T: Emmy chucked her medicine on my tie :/ x

B: Oh. Don't worry. We can go tie-less ... although I was looking forward to taking it off you later ;) x

T: Mum has gone to sort it out so hopefully I will be with tie. See you later darling x

B: :) x

Tom and Benedict are both wearing the same outfit. They are wearing black suits lined with silk and large buttons. Their shirts are brand new white made of cotton and their shoes are different styles but are black matt. They both have silver, scaly ties – well one of them does – and Emmeline's dress matches it nicely. "Today has to be perfect." Tom murmurs in an absent minded fashion as he gazes out of the window overlooking the hotel's grounds. The press have managed to be left in the dark about when the wedding is and the details but the couple have decides to announce it is their wedding day on the way to the ceremony.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Twitter:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): So excited yet nervous. Getting married to my darling today x

Replies:

Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr): Shame I cannot attend, but let's get this hashtag to trend as a wedding present Hiddlestoners and Cumbercookies #hiddlesbatchwedding @twhiddleston

Amanda Abbington (@CHIMPSINSOCKS): @twhiddleston cannot wait to see you! @RobertDowneyJr let's trend this thing #hiddlesbatchwedding

Soon the hashtag '#hiddlesbatchwedding' is indeed trending twitter much to Tom's amazement.

\~.~.~.~.~/

It is about seven o'clock in the evening and the wedding was a great success; there were no interruptions, it was just a simple traditional wedding. Dinner was served – a classic British roast dinner with all the trimmings – but now is the time for everyone to social. Tom taps his glass to get everyone's attention as he stands. It takes just a few moments for the room to silence. "Hello everybody." He greets awkwardly making them chuckle, "Thank you all so much for coming. Now it is generally traditional to have best men and bridesmaids at weddings but we have so many dear friends that we thought it would be unfair to pick so there will be no best man speech." He explains.

Martin Freeman waves his hands around in the air frantically, "I will say something!" He exclaims before Amanda restrains him and persuades him to sit quietly. He is such a child.

"Thank you for the offer Martin but I have something I want to say instead." Tom reasons. "When Ben and I coupled I was not in the best place as many of you know...not something that I am going to dwell on too long but now I could not be happier. I have a wise, handsome, talented husband on my arm, a sweet, adorable darling daughter and the best friends any man could have." He looks at his friends who are sitting round a large table.

Darren is wearing a navy blue tux and is practically sitting on Anthony's lap who is sporting a silver suit with purple braces. Nate (wearing a simple black suit with a teal tie) is snuggled up with Elli (wearing a short teal dress and flowery head band) who is holding their son – Max – in her arms. Emmeline Rose meanwhile is bouncing up and down on Lauren's violet lap as she is wearing quite a stunning maxi dress while the infant plays with Steph's fingers who is sitting next to them in a little red number. "Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point; from my parents and sisters at the beginning all the way to my friends and family at the end. A year ago I could not imagine this let alone live it." He pauses for a moment to take a breath. "And lastly I want to say thank you to my fans...I know some of them are present but I will thank the rest on another occasion. They have supported me, without them I would not have met Benedict on the set of Warhorse and also without them the hashtag '#hiddlesbatchwedding' would not be trending right now on twitter." There is a round of applause. "Please raise your glasses for-"

"No." Darren interrupts and the room falters. He stands abruptly and everyone looks at him especially Tom with a look of worry. "This is not right." He announces and lifts up his glass which is half full with champagne. "Everyone please stand and raise your glasses for Tom and Benedict." He proclaims and if a room could smile it would be right now.

"Tom and Benedict." Everyone replies and raises their glass before taking a few sips.

"And I wish you the very best of luck and happiness for the future." Darren finishes and resumes his position on Anthony's lap. Tom and Benedict exchange a glance of joy and relief. Things really are looking up for once in their lives. They both simultaneously look down at the rings on their hands. The gold wedding band shines when it catches the light. Benedict stops and takes a chance to stand up himself.

"Thank you everyone for coming!" He cries with happiness, "Please enjoy the rest of the night, there will be dancing and wedding-y stuff so have fun." He sits back down and turns to face his husband, they lean in a slowly their lips touch. It feels like it is the first time they have kissed all over again but this time it is more special and means even more. This is a kiss for the future.

A/n please comment your thoughts :)