Ten Years

A/n hey there people! I said I wasn't going to update til the weekend because of these things called exams but I thought stuff Biology and I will update aha. There is a couple of things I want to say:

1) Congratulations to Benedict and Sophie who are expecting their first child and are 'over the moon' about it! It is truly is deserved to this great man.

2) Updates are going to be slower this year because this is my penultimate year at school because of my GCSE exams

3) A shout out to three users who all have amazing works. I did mention them in my message on my notice board but not everyone recieves those messages so here is another shout out to @LanaDelHiddleston , @Lollypopsmit and @percabethhoothgpjo !!! Their works are incredible and I definitely recommend them.

4) The image is Tom and Benedict at the Evening Standard Awards at the end of 2014

5) The video is one of my youtube videos, this one is a Johnlock but I am expecting to do a Hiddlesbatch one in the future so please check that out

Anyway enjoy :)

It is Sunday morning and Tom is still in bed. At the moment Emmeline Rose has been unsettled and has kept waking up in the night which means that Tom hasn’t had much sleep. He has been worried so yesterday he contacted Anna, Emmeline’s social worker, who said that it was normal to be moaning at this age and then made a joke about waiting until she is a teenager. Benedict wanders into the bedroom still dressed in his pyjamas but is carrying a wooden tray covered with various delicacies from the local bakery. “Tom...” He mumbles as he places the tray on the bedside table. He leans down over his partner and gently plants a kiss on his forehead which causes Tom to stir. “TW, time to wake up.” Ben continues to urge and shakes the sleeping the figure slightly whose eyes open but the quickly shut again. “Thomas.” Benedict growls as he pulls the cover off his boyfriend.

“Ugh, Ben.” Tom groans as he opens his eyes to reveal the bright blue Irises which make the fans swoon. “What time is it?”

“Midday.” Benedict replies as Tom sits up and eyes the food at his bedside.

“Is that for me?” He asks sweetly and Ben nods with a grin, “That is so kind of you – wait where is Emmy?!” He panics but Benedict shushes his soothingly to signal that there is nothing to worry about.

“Nate is looking after her so there is no need to worry my love.” Tom nods and takes a large bite out of a custard croissant which is still warm. It is then that he realises something extremely obvious which is staring at him in the face, like literally.

“Did you go out wearing that?” He asks with a raised eyebrow and Benedict shakes his head while chuckling.

“Elli got them for me.” Ben confirms. He throws himself onto the bed which causes the mattress to dip in suddenly making Tom get a face full of deep yellow custard. “Sorry.” He apologises as he leans forward to kiss Tom, he tastes the sweet flavoursome substance which is plastered all over his boyfriend’s face he feels like licking it off. “Which reminds me.” He states as he pulls away much to Tom’s dismay. “Nate and Elli have got little Emmeline Rose until about four o’clock so we have plenty of time to…you know.” He shifts awkwardly making Tom howl with laughter. Sadly – to ruin this perfect stress free moment – the taller man’s phone rings loudly.

“Sorry.” Tom apologises as he reaches for his mobile phone which was sitting at his bedside but is now in his hand. “Hello?” He questions the person on the other end of the line, “Yes it is. How may I help you?” Benedict chuckles silently at his partner’s politeness. “What do you mean?” Tom’s expression has now changed from a neutral expression to one of confused anger. “But she…” He trails as the caller cuts him off, “Okay thank you for telling me. Bye now.” He hangs up and chucks his phone towards the other end of the bed, then sits in silence looking down at his hands which seem to be rubbing themselves together.

“Tom love are you alright?” Tom shakes his head sadly, “What is wrong?” Benedict asks while shuffling closer to his boyfriend.

“They have found further offences on Vanessa so they are saying that she will be imprisoned for ten years…” He fades out and falls into Ben’s chest while sobbing.

“I am sorry Tom but I don’t understand the issue.” Ben pipes up bravely, “You hated her.”

“Yes but she is the mother of my child.” Tom replies, “Emmy is going to be without a mother for ten whole years. Can you imagine?” Benedict strokes the hair of the man who is laying across him soothingly. This is not how he imagined that he would spend his day but he is glad that he is with the person he loves and is there to comfort him in this time of need.