Guess Who's Back

A/n oooooh you guys ready?

Anyone who gets confused stay with it, all is explained in the author's note at the end of the chapter but read the text first otherwise spoilers.

Enjoy xXx

Benedict takes a step back in shock and Tom clasps his hands over his mouth to stop himself from screaming in horror. How can he be here? The bigger man chuckles deeply at their response whereas the skinnier guy begins to weep and falls to the ground on his knees. No one speaks. The only sounds heard are the skinny man bawling, the big man chuckling and Tom heavily breathing. Benedict recognises the skinnier man but not the bigger man; Tom knows both of them. “Right that is my work done…” The bigger man trails, “Have a fun reunion.”

“Wait!” Benedict yells at him, “Who are you?!” The bigger man ignores him and walks out of the door at the opposite end of the warehouse. He swings the door shut leaving the other three alone. “Who was that?”

“George.” Tom chokes, “Vanessa’s prison guard.” Ben nods in response and both actors turn to crying man not knowing what to do next. Tom takes a couple of steps forward reluctantly, steadily approaching the figure which he used to know. When they are a metre apart, Tom stops his paces and just looks at the man. “Darren…” He blubbers and Darren looks up. Tom can almost not recognise him. His beard makes him look older and he looks dirty, malnourished and sick. Benedict approaches behind Tom and places a supporting hand on his fiancé’s shoulder. “Y-y-you were dead.”

“No!” Darren cries, his welsh lilt flowing. “I was kidnapped and locked up in here for over a year…” His hands are trembling; he looks so weak so Tom helps him up onto the chair. “You abandoned me. I kept telling myself that Tom will find me. He loves me.” His voice fades and the sadness in his eyes would make anyone miserable. “Random people I didn’t know came and fed me every couple of days, I had this water tank thing but I felt so trapped. And then one day Nessa turned up and I thought she was going to save me. She is my sister for crying out loud!” He shouts making Tom take a step backwards. “She told me the situation…how I was “dead” and then she didn’t come for ages. No one came. I was starving and I was definitely dying.”

“And then what happened?” Benedict urged. He had only seen Darren the once when they were filming The SweetDevils and Tom went missing. He remembers opening the cupboard and finding the pair with their tongues down each other’s throats. He shivers at the memory.

“George came. He explained that my sister had been arrested and had a baby…Tom’s baby. I am an uncle!”

“Yes you are.” Tom’s voice wobbles, “Her name is Emmeline Rose and she is beautiful.”

“It shouldn’t be this way.” Darren comments, “You and me should be together, there shouldn’t be any baby. We could be married.” He rambles on, “No offence to you Benedict or the little one.” He adds.

“How did you-” Tom is going to ask but is interrupted.

“You are both wearing rings…I don’t know if you are married or engaged. And he came with you, doesn’t take a Sherlock Holmes to work that out.” He titters.

“We are engaged.” Tom confirms. “I am so sorry Darren that it had to be like this.”

“We need to get Darren to the hospital and we need to notify the police.” Benedict whispers to Tom and he nods in response. The pair help the famished man to his feet and support him out of the warehouse and towards the car. Benedict opens the passenger door for the frail man and helps him inside before taking a seat in the back of the car. Tom clambers into the driver’s side and grips the steering wheel tightly while taking a few deep breaths to steady his nerves. He has no idea how the future is going to play out now.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Tom is sitting in the relative’s room at the hospital waiting for Benedict who had been talking to the doctor’s, explaining the situation. The police have been notified and Tom gave a statement; right now he is staring at a small photograph of himself, Benedict and Emmeline Rose which they took in a photo booth a couple of weeks ago. He does not know how to react. His ex-boyfriend rises from the dead and now needs nurturing when he is meant to be getting married soon. The door squeaks open and Benedict flops down beside his fiancé on the uncomfortable sofa. “You spoke to the police?” He asks and Tom nods as he runs his thumb over the image. “What did they say?”

“They are going to sort something out for him…money wise or something. Apparently they have no proof that it was Vanessa.” He mumbles.

“Don’t they believe Darren?” At the sound of his name Tom winces.

“He is apparently not in a correct mental state to give evidence or something.” Benedict looks down at the picture in Tom’s hands and smiles. He shuffles up closer to his partner and kisses him lovingly on the cheek.

“So what now?” He asks when he pulls away.

“He will go into rehab until he is healthy enough or something.” The amount of times Tom says ‘or something’ pains Benedict. He hasn’t seen Tom in this kind of state since The SweetDevils filming.

“I meant him and you.” Ben corrects with a sigh and Tom stops staring at the photograph. His eyes snap up and he turns to look at his beautiful, handsome man sitting next to him. He pockets the photograph in the pocket on the front of his shirt and rubs his hands together nervously.

“Ben I think-” He pauses as he thinks over what he is trying to say, “I think that we should postpone the wedding plans for a bit.”

“What?” Ben scoffs, “As soon as he comes back…you want to stop our future plans. Do you want to get back with him or something?”

“No no no!” Tom waves his hands in the air to make a point, “He needs a friend Ben. Can you imagine how weird it must be for him? He loses a year of his life being trapped and starved, when he returns to the real world his boyfriend is with another man whom which he is engaged to and he has a child.”

“Your right.” Ben smiles, “I will be here for you. Every step of the way.”

A/n hey guys! So Darren is back! It has been such a long time since Darren was in the series and I bet there are few of you who are confused. To clear things up:

~ Darren is Vanessa's brother

~Tom - when he was going out with Vanessa - had an affair with Darren

~Vanessa made everyone's life a living hell when she found out

~Tom got depressed

~Darren "killed himself"

~This made Tom even more depressed

~Benedict made him better

~HIDDLESBATCH

If you guys need anymore info, DM me or go back and read the first eleven (including author's notes) chapters of 'Going Through It With You'. This is 'Prologue' to 'RIP'.

Also; I do not know when I can next update because: 

1) I have a dance show and sleepover tomorrow

2) Comic Con on Saturday ^.^

3) SCHOOL WORK!!!

Anyway ilysm <3 please vote/comment xXx