A Beer

A/n how's it going guys? Well I am meant to be revising but my brain hurts from all the equations so here you go! The media kinda speaks for itself, basically Zachary Quinto appears in this chapter who obviously plays Spock in Star Trek and is a good friend of Benedict's. Anyway please enjoy :) 

It has been a week since Benedict left and Tom is in a terrible state. He has locked himself away from the world and all his focus is on little Emmeline Rose. He has refused the help from his friends and is just doing what needs to be done to look after his daughter. It is now eight o’clock at night and the infant is calmly sleeping leaving Tom alone again. He trudges to the kitchen and sees his medication on the counter, he hasn’t taken it in weeks because he felt happy but now he feels so sad. He grabs onto the bottle of pills harshly and stare at them unsure what to do. Should he start to take them again? He shakes his head and opens the lid to the bin and drops the bottle inside before replacing the lid. Sighing deeply he reaches up to the top cupboard where Benedict used to keep his supplies and removes a large pack of beer but notices something else. A small velvet box. He dumps the case of beer onto the work surface and then grabs the box before opening it clumsily. His breath hitches in his throat, it is an engagement ring. “He was going to propose…” He mutters and a tear slips his eye as he shoves the box back where he found it. Without thinking, he pulls a beer out of the pack and saunters over to sofa. He throws himself on the sofa and opens the beer before taking a much needed sip.

Tom picks up his phone which was sitting on the arm of the sofa and lays back with it and his beer; his feet cross over. He looks through his Twitter feed. So many people are worried if he and Ben have split up; not even he knows the answer. Currently, Benedict is staying with his Star Trek friend Zachary Quinto and many are worried that Benedict has moved on to him as rebound. Tom sighs loudly knowing that Ben wouldn’t do that. He goes onto the camera option on his phone and takes a picture of the living area. In the picture you can see Tom’s legs down the centre lounging on the sofa, the television in the corner displaying some random comedy show and the beer in his right hand. He then opens the Twitter application and composes a new tweet with the image attached:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): Enjoying a nice, cool beer after a lovely day with my darling daughter who is now thankfully sleeping. (IMAGE)

Only minutes later there is very keen knocking at the door. Tom has been ignoring any visitors since Ben has left but the person is knocking so loudly that he needs to answer it so Emmeline doesn’t awaken. He pulls open the door – still with the drink in his hand – and is greeted by a very flustered looking Elli. “You’re drinking!” She accuses.

“Yes.” Tom agrees.

“You are not allowed to drink.” She informs him like he didn’t already know.

“It is only one beer.” He replies, standing his ground. She sighs heavily and pushes passed him, sitting herself in the armchair she beckons for Tom to come over. Reluctantly he does so with an almighty exhale of breath.

“Tom. You are a father now…you cannot go back to where you were before.” She instructs him.

“I-I-I found a ring.” He stutters while looking down at his hands, “He was going to propose.” He looks back up, straight at Elli and she can see that he is about to break into tears. His hands are shaking and his eyes have become glassy.

“I know he was.” She confirms, “We all did. Now then, when was the last time you took your medication?” Tom shrugs his shoulders. “Tom!” She exclaims and Tom shushes her thinking only of his daughter. “You should be taking it.”

“You are not my bloody mother.” He curses.

“No. I am your publicist.” She states affectively, “In this profession it is the same thing.”

\~.~.~.~.~/

Far away from the UK in the United States of America, Benedict is in the kitchen of his friend’s apartment making himself a cup of tea. The tea is not as good here as it is in England but he is learning to live with it. In walks Zachary Quinto holding a script while wearing his thick-rimmed glasses, “You making tea?” He inquires as he sits down at the table still reading the script.

“Yeah.” Ben replies as he takes a sip.

“What is it about you Brits and your tea?” He joshes and turns the page, “Coffee is just so much better.” He adds.

“How about no Zach.” Benedict replies while chucking a dish cloth at him, “What’s the script for?”

“Just some crappy network series which I am not going to do.”

“Oh.” He takes another sip of tea, “Why are you reading the script then?”

“Because I promised my publicist that I would.” The word ‘publicist’ reminds Benedict of Elli and then of Tom. “Nope. I am not reading any more of this crap. I am going to check my Twitter.”

“Ugh, what is so appealing about all this social media? I can’t be doing with any of that shit.” Ben explains loosely.

“Hey! I have time to transform you into a tweeter yet! I mean I turned you gay so-”

“You did not turn me gay!” Benedict cries in disbelief.

“You came out after Star Trek so I say yes I did.” Ben scoffs before sitting down opposite Zachary who is now happily scrolling through his Twitter feed. Benedict cannot help himself.

“Has Tom tweeted anything?” He asks causing his friend to sigh.

“Why don’t you just go home?”

“That isn’t what I asked.” He retorts. Zachary nods and searches for Tom’s tweet before nodding and showing Benedict the screen:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): Enjoying a nice, cool beer after a lovely day with my darling daughter who is now thankfully sleeping. (IMAGE)

“What?!” Benedict yells making Zachary a little taken back, “I have got to go home!” He roars as he gets up from his chair and rushes towards the bedroom.

“Why?” Zachary asks, completely oblivious.

“Because he is not meant to be drinking!”