When He Walks Around In His Underwear

A/n how's it going guys? I am okay I guess aha, it's my 16th birthday tomorrow so I am excited about that.

Congratulations to my friend @LanaDelHiddleston who's book has just reached 200k reads!

Media: 

Image - made me laugh

Video - song mentioned in this chapter

It is the next morning and Diana – Tom’s mum – is around because she is dropping Emmeline Rose back home. To is cradling the infant in his arms as his mother chatters on about some drama that happened at the town market near her house involving a loose pig. “Was anyone hurt?” Tom asks with pure concern.

“Thank the lord no one got hurt. But there was a-” She stops suddenly when Benedict waltzes in wearing nothing but his underwear while stretching. He walks through the living area and into the kitchen while mumbling ‘good morning’ to Tom obviously still half asleep. Diana giggles while blushing whereas Tom is open mouthed in horror. “Is he always naked?” She asks cheekily.

“No of course not. Sorry about-” He is cut off when the sound of Benedict singing ‘Nasty’ by Pixie Lott fills the flat.

And you say

"Uh huh, ay hey

Want to see you get nasty

Want to see you shake it down, babe"

After a couple of lines of frankly inappropriate lyrics Tom calls, “Benedict darling! Can you stop singing and say hello to my mother.” The singing stops as something is dropped in kitchen and the actor’s head pops around the side of the door.

“Oh hi Diana…” He chuckles nervously, “I apologise about the state of my dress, I didn’t realise we were expecting anyone.” He moves in full view after getting over the original embarrassment making Tom scoff in disbelief as he carefully places his child into her chair.

“No worries.” Diana chimes causing her son to roll his eyes.

“I think we all had more of a problem with your awful shrieking in the kitchen than you being…” He clears his throat as he pulls of his navy blue dressing gown. Fortunately he is wearing sensible pyjamas. He passes the robe over to Ben who sighs before tying it around himself. Tightly.

“Je chante mieux que toi…” (I sing better than you), Benedict reels off in French. Trying to disguise his pettiness from Tom’s mother.

“Tu chantes bien, mais je chante mieux que toi.” (You sing well, but I sing better than you). Tom replies with an eyebrow raised.

“Boys!” Diana cries, “You both sing very well but I’d better go. I have a hair dressing appointment.” She explains and rises from the sofa.

“Oh okay.” To replies and gives his mum a hug while carefully dodging the baby’s chair.

“I will see you soon love.” She gushes and pulls away and walks towards the door which Benedict is graciously holding open, “Oh and Emmeline is a total star so I will be happy to look after her any time! Good bye son, Benedict.” With that she leaves.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Twitter:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): When your mum comes over and your boyfriend is wearing nothing but his underwear. #notawkwardatall

Tom’s twitter soon flares up after this tweet of many fangirls well fangirling; asking for pictures and for him to follow them. Benedict has been out all day at the Marvel offices in London talking with Marvel president Kevin Fiege. This means Tom has been alone with Emmeline Rose all day. The young child has not been much company as she is a baby and has been sleeping the majority of the day. Tom sighs as he flicks through various television channels, “Panel game…panel game…panel game…Doctor Who…panel game.” He stops scrolling through the channels when he realises he passed Doctor Who. After mentally face palming he begins to watch the iconic show. He has no idea what episode it is until he sees David Tenant running through what seems to be a hospital with Martha close behind. “Ah Smith and Jones…” He mutters. “The latch on the front door clicks as it is opened by his partner. “Hey Ben!” He shouts.

“You tweeted about this morning!” Benedict exclaims before kissing the back of Tom’s head.

“Yeah…” Tom laughs, “Who told you?”

“Kevin.”

“Oh of course.” He continues to laugh.