A Catastrophic Reunion

It is a quiet Sunday afternoon and the group of friends have convened in Tom and Benedict’s apartment just to hang out while watching the football. Stephanie returned from Australia a couple of days before so now Lauren has gone back to live in their apartment on the floor below. Nathan walks in tiredly – due to the fact that he has been going through treatment all week – with a couple of packs of beer and places them in the middle of the floor. “Voila.” He states and collapses onto the sofa. Elli nestles into his side. Nate and Elli are on the sofa with Tom third wheeling on the end, Benedict is relaxed in the armchair while the girls are sitting crossed legged on the floor with a beer can each. Emmeline Rose is having her afternoon nap which gives Tom the time to unwind with his friends forgetting all his worries. “Beer Tom?” Nathan offers and he shakes his head.

“I only drink on special occasions Nate.” He confirms.

“This could be a special occasion if we win.”

“Which is unlikely.” Tom inputs and everyone nods their heads in agreement. It is rare that England win the football. “If we win then I will drink, how about that?” Nathan mumbles something incoherent and everyone’s focus is now on the match. Sighs and expletives fill the room as the English team get annihilated. There is a knock at the door which no one seems to hear apart from Tom so he shuffles to his feet and strides his way to the door before opening it to see a very surprising sight in front of him.

“Hi Tom.”

“Anthony!” The pair hug tightly and then pull away, “You’re back!”

“I was missing you too much.” He jokes and steps into the apartment, “Plus it is probably a good thing that I am back.” He signals to what Tom is wearing; a pair of baggy jeans with a grey t-shirt with ‘Avengers Stunt Team’ written across it.

“We are having a casual day while watching the match.” He defends.

“Well this is my casual wear.” Anthony does a sweeping hand gesture down his figure. He is wearing a pair of tight, red skinny jeans with a fitted white shirt tucked in. He has red braces pinned to the top of his trousers and going over his shoulders, forming a cross at the back. He is sporting a smart, black blazer and has his dirty, blond hair gelled into a quiff. “I am back!” He shouts which gets everyone’s attention. Elli jumps off the sofa and rushes over to her best friend and they hug closely. Everyone hugs Anthony when the match ends. England losing 2-4. “So where is the little one then? I so have to meet her!”

“She is currently sleeping.” Tom chuckles, “But I am very sure that she would love to meet as soon as she is awake.” Everyone reunites back in the living room where Tom asks, “So where are you going to be living?”

“Oh work have got me a flat near the studios.” He explains with a grin. “I had to come back here. I missed London and all of you.” There is a chorus of awe and smiles on everyone’s faces. “Plus I had to be here for when my best friend has a little baby.” Elli gives Anthony another large hug and Nathan winces. Lauren mouths ‘jealous’ at him and he shakes his head but winces again. “Do you know if it is going to be a baby Elinor or a baby Nathan yet?” He asks.

“Do you mean: do they know the gender?” Benedict questions with a confused expression which is followed by an eager nod from the camp, stylist.

“No we don’t.” Elli clarifies with a giggle and turns to look at her partner. “Nate are you okay?” She asks with a look of concern after seeing that her boyfriend looks as if he is in discomfort. Nathan does not respond like he cannot hear. His breathing becomes erratic and he grimaces in pain. “Nate!” Everyone gets to their feet and crowd around the American. Tom and Benedict help him to sit upright with the back of the sofa supporting when he starts to splutter into a tissue which Lauren had passed him. He pulls the tissue away as he begins to shake to reveal blood on the tissue. “Call an ambulance!” Elli yells.

“On it.” Benedict responds as he presses his mobile up to his ear as he hears the dial tone. Every ring Nate’s eyes droop lower and lower until they are shut but still his body quivers and the blood leaks out of his mouth. “We need an ambulance.”

A/n hey guys! Please comment your thoughts! So Anthony and Steph are back!