A Mysterious Invitation

Tom stretches both of his arms above his head sleepily and slides out of his bedroom reaching closer and closer to the music coming from the kitchen. He hears his fiancé singing along to a song which he does not recognise and when he comes into view of him he sees his behind shaking to the beat of the music making him laugh. This alerts Benedict to his presence so he is met with a cup of tea and a gentle kiss to the lips. “Why are you so cheery?” Tom yawns before taking a sip of his drink.

“I am the luckiest man on the planet getting married to you.” He explains as he picks up his own mug of tea.

“Wait we aren’t getting married today?!” Tom’s eyes go wide in his sleep deprived state.

“No TW.” Ben chuckles with a soft tone, “I know I am chief planner of this fabulous event but I think I would tell you when you are getting married.” Tom nods and mentally face palms himself for his stupidity before continuing to sip his tea. There is a knock at the door which Benedict opens with a smile and open arms. “Laur! What are you doing here?” He greets.

“I’ve brought up your post because some dude was trying to break into it.” She says with a puzzled expression.

“What did he look like?” Tom asks, suddenly interested in this conversation.

“It was some big, bulky dude wearing black. It is bit creepy if you ask me.” She comments and the two men nod in agreement; they are both thinking why someone was trying to read their personal correspondence. “Then there was the other guy.”

“The other guy?” Benedict questions while Tom restrains himself from making a Hulk reference.

“He was weedy looking, confused. Hadn’t shaved it what looked like years and was just looking around like he had not seen civilisation ever.” She picks up a stray apple which was resting on the counter and takes out a bite, “He had a welsh lilt.”

“How do you know?” Tom scoffs in disbelief but then apologises for being so short tempered and explains that he was up all night with Emmeline Rose.

“The big guy practically shoved him out of the door and he protested.” She hands over the mail to Tom. He flicks through the junk mail and the bills until he reaches a brown envelope, rough around the edges which do not have an address on. But his name. He takes a sharp intake of breath drawing everyone’s attention to him but he is too focussed on ripping the envelope to listen to what is being said. He yanks the sheet of paper out and unfolds it messily before reading the note:

Mr Tom Hiddleston,

You do know me and you definitely know my mate. It is in your best interest if you come and meet us, I have stuck the address under the windscreen wipers of your car. Meet us there at midday or else you will regret it…

From …

The next thing Tom knows is the note being ripped out of his hands by his fiancé who is looking very concerned and slightly pissed at being ignored. Lauren continues to munch on the apple while waiting for an explanation. “You can’t go Tom.” Benedict instructs.

“I have to.” Tom mumbles.

“It could be dangerous-” He chokes, “And I couldn’t bare it if anything happened to you.” Lauren chucks the apple core into the bin and takes the note from Benedict’s hands. She skim reads it and her mouth opens in shock.

“Ben is right Tom.” She agrees with a brisk nod.

“If I don’t go then something could happen to Emmeline or you guys.” He paces, “I have to go.”

“Then I am going with you!” Benedict exclaims before turning to Lauren, “You don’t mind looking after Emmy do you?”

“Of course not.” She stutters, her eyes are full of worry. “Just be careful.”

\~.~.~.~.~/

The two celebrities have arrived at a derelict are with a few empty warehouses; as two people have watched (and starred in) numerous films and television programs they know that this kind of atmosphere never turns out well which makes them nervous. The sit in the car – in silence – until midday reaches but still no one is here. “Is it the right address?” Benedict breaks the silence. Tom reaches onto the dashboard for the scrap piece of paper with the address scrawled on.

“It must be.” He sighs, “Maybe we have to get out of the car and look around.” Tom suggests and opens the car door. Benedict hesitates for a few moments before opening his door with a nervous breath. They both slam the doors shut attempting to alert their mysterious inviters that they are indeed here. In response, a warehouse door is swung open but no one comes out. “That’s not creepy at all.” He comments and they begin to walk closer and closer to old, rat ridden building. “Ready?” He asks the man next to him who nods somewhat uncertainly. They enter the building and see two figures at the far side, similar to how Lauren described. “Wait a second…” Tom mumbles as he recognises the two figures. He takes a couple more steps forward and gasps in shock…

A/n please comment/vote etc. :)