Maximillian (+Author's Note)

Previously:

Tom tilts his head and leans it on his fiancé's shoulder and Benedict tilts his head towards his. They sit like this for a few minutes until they hear the bawling of an infant followed by the heavy beating in heart monitors. They sit up straight suddenly with worry in their eyes.

"Elli!" Nathan shouts in panic...

Moments later, Nathan is being manhandled and pushed out of the room into the corridor where Tom and Ben are standing looking horrified. The sounds of the baby crying, the heart monitors going crazy and Nathan shouting Elli over and over again fills the atmosphere. Tom engulfs Nate in a ginormous brotherly hug trying to get him to calm down as Ben watches a couple of nurses wheel the new born in the bassinet down the long, windy corridor. He gapes in awe at the small, pink face as it gets further and further away. "Nate what happened?" Tom asks softly snapping Benedict out of his thoughts. They both help the young American sit on the bench while waiting – rather impatiently – for an answer while the doctors rush around Elli.

"There was so much blood." Nate blubbers, "Too much blood." He taps his knee aggressively and raps his foot on the floor. "She gave birth and she was fine but then suddenly she went slack and there was this noise from one of those machine things. I cannot lose her...not like Cleo." He rambles under his breath and Benedict puts his arm over his shoulder supportively. They sit in silence for a couple of minutes until a doctor spurts out of the room with a look of relief on his face making the group relax instantly. "Is she alright?" Nate asks with a sense of urgency in his voice.

"Miss Henson is fine." The three guys release a breath they did not realise they were holding. "There was a lot of blood loss but she is stable but she will be weak for a couple of days. We will have to keep her in to monitor her."

"Thank you doctor." Nathan outstretches his hand for the doctor to shake who does willingly but with an awkward expression. "What about my baby?"

"Your son is as healthy as can be and has quite the lungs on him. He is in the birth unit down the hall, you can visit him whenever." Nathan's face lights up and he peers at the large door down the long, windy corridor but then back to the door of Elli's room then back again. The doctor soon excuses himself leaving the three guys together speechless in the corridor.

"Congratulations." Tom speaks up and holds out his hand but instead of shaking it Nathan hugs Tom tightly while chuckling. Without a second of hesitation, Nate pushes open the door to Elli's room and kisses the top of her dozing forehead gently.

"You are a mom Ells to a little baby boy..."

Twitter:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): Congratulations to Elli and Nate for the birth of their first child! ~ Tom and Benedict x

\~.~.~.~.~/

It is a few days later and there is a massive convening at the hospital's maternity ward – Elli's room to precise. Tom, Benedict, Emmeline Rose, Anthony, Stephanie and Lauren have all assembled to visit Elli, Nate and Baby Ryder Smith in hospital. Presents have been opened, coos issued and a couple of tears (mainly from Anthony) but now it is time for the big reveal. The baby's name. "So has this little lad got a name?" Ant fusses and Elli grins widely with tired eyes.

"Yes well..." She pauses and signals to Nate to pass over the child who does so obligingly. She cradles the baby boy for a few moments before looking up at everybody. "Everyone, say hello to Maximillian Anthony Ryder Smith." Numerous people greet the small, gormless looking child who is chilling out in a cream coloured Babygro while Anthony clasps his hands over his mouth in astonishment.

"Oh my god girl!" He suddenly exclaims making everyone giggle, "You named him after me!"

"Of course. You are my best friend Anthony Barr." The two friends hug as Benedict scoops up the little infant. People say babies look all the same but they don't. There are many quite obvious yet beautiful differences. Some babies are born female and some are born male but don't stay that way. Some babies are white some are black. Some babies will turn out to be straight, some gay, some bisexual and some other sexual orientations. Some babies will be academic while others will be creative – and a small minority will be both. Every single time a life is created and born into this world the future of this world changes. This baby boy could be the next Prime Minister of Great Britain, find the cure to cancer or discover unchartered lands. But right now none of this matters. What matters is the love that these two parents give to this child and to make sure that this love continues until death parts them but even then they will always be connected.

Tom carries his young daughter, Emmeline Rose, and presents the young boy to her. She looks confused. Soon she will be one year old but even now a sight of another young child baffles her. "This Emmeline Rose is Maximillian Anthony Ryder Smith. You two will be the best of friends, I am not forcing it. I just know it." He whispers into her tiny ear causing her to squeal with laughter. The good times start here.

A/n a happy chapter! What did you guys think??? I had to give the new baby a long name like Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch or Thomas William Hiddleston. What do you think? I will most likely shorten it to Max because otherwise my fingers will fall off from typing so much :D

I know this chapter is shorter than usual and I am sorry for that it is just I did not want to go any further otherwise time skips would get confusing. Next chapter is Emmeline's birthday and soon is the Hiddlesbatch wedding! How exciting!

I saw Avengers Age of Ultron five days ago and it was fantastic! If you guys have booked tickets then you will really enjoy it, if not then why not? Book them now!

Anyway, thanks for all the support so far on this book! And thank you to all of you who are supporting my other two ongoing fanfictions: 'Runaway - A Tom Hiddleston Fanfiction' and 'Sherlock's Daughter'. Please check them out if you haven't already. I would really appreciate it!

Follow me on instagram: @officially_sherlocked (Hoping to reach 2k by May 7th)

~Mae