Christmas Is Getting Closer

Approximately half an hour later Anna – Emmeline’s social worker – has left leaving the two actors with the young, gurgling child. Tom is still holding her in his arms completely intrigued about the baby’s every movement until she begins to cry. He becomes a flustered, anxious father in these few moments, “Why is she crying?” He asks no one in particular while rocking the infant in his arms gently like she is made of glass. Benedict emerges from the kitchen holding a milk bottle containing some baby formula to suggest to his partner that the young child may be hungry. He passes the slightly warm bottle to Tom who removes the lid and slowly puts it into Emmeline’s mouth. She rejects it by crying louder and waving her little arms about. “I don’t know what she wants…” Tom mumbles. Ben frowns and sniffs the air.

“I think I’ve worked it out.” He states and Tom follows the action by sniffing.

“Oh.” Is the only sound that comes out of his mouth. He rises to his feet and waltzes towards the baby’s nursery where the changing table is and the objects associated with it.

\~.~.~.~.~/

A week later and it is nearing Christmas but the Hiddlesbatch household has not prepared in anyway because all the focus has been on Emmeline Rose. Today, Benedict has been at Marvel industries (their London offices) to talk with someone about Dr Strange but he is very late home. “Daddy Benedict is a bit late Emmy.” Tom tells the cooing child who is reclined next to him while they watch Cbeebies on the large TV. “We shouldn’t worry.” He continues as he voices his thoughts to his company, “In his and mine line of work, it is quite difficult to keep to a schedule. If a director says ‘jump’ then we reply with ‘how high’ but that is life.” He peers down at Emmeline who is still mesmerised by the different colours on the TV screen. Seconds later the front door opens and Benedict walks in…backwards? “Ben what are you-”

“Bring it in Nate!” He calls and is followed in by Nathan who is carrying a big, green Christmas tree on his shoulder. Tom gasps as he smells the pine entering the flat, of course baby Hiddleston is completely clueless. Benedict puts down a pot on the left hand side of the television and Nathan carefully puts the tree in it. “Thanks Nate mate.”

“No problem.” Nathan replies before turning to Tom, “How is the little one?” He asks with a large grin on his face while Ben is pulling the netting off the tree to release the restricted branches.

“She is absolutely perfect.” Tom replies with a big, toothy grin.

“Yeah.” Benedict adds, “So are you.” He rushes up to his partner and kisses him on the lips but just lightly because they have guests present.

“I’d better go and meet up with Elli.” Nathan chirps, “See you all later.”

“See you Nate. And thanks again.” Ben cheers whereas Tom just waves his farewells. Benedict takes a seat next to his partner’s child and strokes her face with a finger lovingly before it being grabbed by the infantile baby. This causes both me to chuckle with their eyes fixated on the blue-eyed babe. “I was thinking. We should go Christmas shopping tomorrow because, well it is next week.” He suggests.

“But there will be people…” Tom trails, “And cameras and-”

“It will be fine.” He gushes, “We will wrap the little one up because it is chilly and that will slightly conceal her from the cameras. Plus pictures will be released sometime, it is inevitable.”

“True.” The taller man agrees while running a hand through his hair.

A/n hey there! I know it is a short uneventful part but I think it is needed. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and had a amazing christmas (or whatever you celebrate). The next part should be the last which is Christmas based because well it isn't christmas anymore but in my experience it is always christmas in fanfiction land. I will update soon :) xXx