Back Home

A/n hey guys! I am have nearly finished my exams, only six to go so here is a chapter. Please check out @pro_benaddict 's hunterbatch one shots they are really good and totally adorable!

Enjoy xXx

Benedict sprints through the airport in London with a suitcase in one hand, his passport in the other and a large rucksack on his back. Many people notice him but haven’t got time to get to him before he is gone, ignoring all the fans calling his name. As soon as he exits the hectic airport he is met with an array of cabs to choose from. Clambering into the nearest one he says the address to the star struck driver; obviously he said a couple of streets away from the apartment block otherwise the taxi driver would know where he lives. Approximately half an hour later he arrives and throws some cash at the cab driver and clambers out of the car. A few blocks and a quick sprint later Benedict finds himself outside his apartment block. Suddenly everything stops. Although it was only just over a week ago that he left this place; it feels like months. The plants continue to sway in the wind, just how he left it. The sign to the building still has a smudge of bird faeces on it, just how he left it. And his car sits in the parking space, now covered in yet more bird faeces, not quite how he left it. He resumes the plan and makes his way through the large, glass double doors and speed walks to the lift. He generally isn’t so lazy to take the lift but he feels like this is an emergency.

The journey in the lift feels like a lifetime and when the doors grind open he is already out, rushing down the long corridor. He stops abruptly to prevent himself from falling into Lauren and Stephanie who are walking in the opposite direction. “Ben! You are back!” Lauren exclaims happily.

“Yeah…” Benedict replies while scratching the back of his head nervously.

“Tom doesn’t know.” Steph infers.

“How did you know?” He asks and the girls begin to look sheepish so he decides not to press further on the issue. “I’d better go.” He pipes up and strolls past them with purpose.

“See you later!” One of them shout. Benedict cannot tell which one, he is too focussed on his one and only. He continues down the corridor until he sees the front door of his flat making him tense up. He shakes it off and buries his hand in his pocket to reach for his key which he finds surprisingly quickly. He fits the key into the lock and turns it before pushing the door open. He listens out. Silence. He is about to shout his partner’s name but he decides against and shrugs his rucksack on the floor after dumping his suitcase. Not taking his jacket off, he roams into the living area and the first thing or rather person he sees is Tom. Tom is lied back on the sofa looking absolutely wrecked. Around him are dozens of empty glass bottles and on the coffee table next to him is a bottle of pills. Benedict begins to panic and reaches next to him where there is a vase with very old flowers in which he’d got Tom about two weeks ago. He yanks the dishevelled plant out of the vase and hurls the contents of the vase over Tom who wakes up suddenly and shakes his head where the majority of the water is.

“Fucking hell Ben!” Tom yells when he realises why he is soaked and that Benedict is present. Ben looks at the vase in his hand and then back at his boyfriend before bursting out laughing. “Why are you laughing? This is not funny!” Tom cries as he wavers to his feet and waltzes off to the bathroom, most likely to get a towel. Benedict places the vase back in its original place and – ignoring the rotting greenery on the floor – he sits down on the sofa where Tom was previously. After laughing seconds before, now he is sad to see all the mess around this one spot. Had Tom moved at all?

A couple of minutes later, Tom returns but wearing a different pair of pyjamas causing Ben to sigh deeply as the man sits next to him. “Tom I-”

“I don’t want to hear it Ben.” Tom interrupts, already with tears in his eyes. “Why did you throw dirty water over me…?” He asks with a muddled tone.

“I thought…” He trails, “I thought you were unconscious or something.” Tom is about to ask why but that is when he notices his surroundings for the first time today. “And where is Emmeline?”

“With my mum for a couple of days.” Tom explains, “Listen Benedict. All this-” He does a motion with his arms indicating all the mess scattered around the living area, “Was from last night. The girls, Elli and Nate came to cheer me up so the beer is there but one bottle that is it.”

“Oh.” Is all Ben can say but then he eyes the bottle of pills, “And these?” He asks while pointing at the brown, glass bottle.

“I threw my old ones away a couple of days ago and Elli had a go at me about it. She must have picked up some more and put them here this morning.” He runs a hand through his wet hair to stop it from knotting, “Anyway. Why are you back?” He asks pointedly.

“I was worried about you…” Benedict mutters inaudibly.

“Sorry?”

“I was worried about you! Zach showed me your tweet with the beer and you are not meant to be drinking and I panicked.” He rambles. “I told Elli and she booked me some plane tickets.”

“I bet they weren’t cheap.” Tom comments.

“Money is not an issue when it comes to you.” Ben sighs, “I do love you TW.”

“I know you do…” Tom murmurs.

“Ah. I know you found the ring…” He trails and Tom gives him a questioning look, “Elli told me.” He reaches across and engulfs Tom into a tight but loving hug. “I love you TW and I am so sorry for all the hurt that I have caused you.” He cries into his shoulder.

“Don’t worry darling.” Tom gushes, “I love you too.”

A/n Thoughts?