Loch Ness Monster

It is a rare sunny morning but cold in the British Isles and the celebrity couple have decided to have a day of relaxation. Tom is getting his baby daughter dressed in her nursery while Benedict is flicking through a newspaper, trying to avoid any articles about himself, Tom or anything related. There is a knock on the door so Benedict rises from his seat and strolls over and opens the door to reveal a very smiley Lauren. “Oh hey Laur. Long-time no see.” He greets with a kind smile.

“Hi. I am popping to the shops, do you need anything?” She asks fairly loudly so Tom will hear from the next room knowing that he has a better idea of what the household needs than Ben does.

“Nappies!” Tom shouts which is a follow by a wail from the infant and Tom soothing her.

“Lots of them.” Ben adds, “It is like a shit den in there.” Lauren laughs and nods as Benedict fishes a cash note out of his back pocket and hands it to her.

“See you later then.” She departs and Ben shuts the door before going back to sit in his chair, back to his not very exciting newspaper. He flicks through various meaningless articles about a reality television star walking outside without makeup, a drugs scandal involving a member of parliament and a baby being born. Tom’s phone ringing brings him out of his thoughts.

“Tom! Your mobile is ringing!” He calls.

“Can you answer it for me darling?!” Tom replies so Benedict picks up the phone and places it to his ear.

“Hello?” He begins and listens to the caller, “Okay... I see…I will have to ask him…” He frowns either in concentration or in genuine upset, “Thank you for calling. Bye.” He hangs up the phone and pauses briefly deep in thought as he runs his fingers around the frame work of the phone. He presses the home button on the phone and sees the screensaver of himself, Tom and Emmeline Rose causing him to smile at the memory. He locks the phone and places it onto the counter before walking to the nursery where Tom is cradling his daughter while feeding her some milk in a bottle. “That was Vanessa’s prison guard or something like that on the phone…” He trails.

“And?” Tom questions with a look of concern.

“She wants to see you…now.” He explains, “It sounds important.”

“Oh.” Tom states as he stands and passes his bundle of joy to Benedict. “I’d better go then, you don’t mind looking after Emmy?”

“No, of course not.” Benedict smiles and kisses the forehead of the child, “We are going to have so much fun. Drinking milk, watching daytime television and shitting everywhere.”

“Don’t use that kind of language in front of her.” He instructs.

“Okay. Pooping everywhere.” Ben corrects making Tom laugh out loud at the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch is using childish language. “Now go.”

\~.~.~.~.~/

Tom arrives at the prison and he is immediately met with dozens of officers asking him to sign in and to feel him down. “At least buy me dinner first.” He jokes as a very tough looking officer begins to pat him down. “Okay not a joker then fine.” Tom sighs and he walks towards visiting room. He looks around and sees Vanessa sitting at a desk with her hair tied up in a ponytail and no makeup on. She is almost unrecognisable. He takes a deep breath before entering and immediately Vanessa’s head snaps up at the sound of the door shutting. He awkwardly waves.

“You came!” Vanessa exclaims sounding very relieved as Tom sits down opposite her warily. “Oh and congratulations by the way.” She smiles and points at the ring on his finger.

“Thanks.” He replies and mentally curses himself for not taking it off. “So what is this about then?”

“So, how is she? How is my darling daughter?” She questions while rubbing her hands together nervously.

“No.” Tom states darkly, “That is not the reason you want to see me.” He deduces and Vanessa nods as a sly grin takes over her facial features.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There is slow knock at the door and Benedict opens it. “Oh hey Laur. Get the nappies?” He asks but then he studies her. She is crying. “Oh my, what happened?” He questions and helps her inside and sets her down on the couch leaving the door wide open.

“I-I-I was mugged.” She stutters.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“How can you have a problem of Benedict being with Emmy?!” Tom roars at the still grinning Vanessa. God she makes his skin crawl. “He is her guardian, I have papers confirming that and he loves her like she is her own!”

“Well I do have a problem.” She states, “You two are getting married and I do not want my daughter getting into a celebrity life. So I will give you a choice…” She pauses for dramatic effect making Tom very angry. “You either leave Benedict or Emmeline can come in here a live with me. It is allowed just…frowned upon.”

“No you can’t!” Tom yells, tears forming in his eyes. “I will get all the best lawyers to protect her from you.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Benedict is just coming off the phone to the prison asking if they can alert Tom about the mugging and ask him to return home while Lauren is being comforted by Nathan and Elli on the sofa. “Okay thank you. Bye” He finishes and he chucks his phone in his arm chair and sighs deeply. “What did the police say?” He asks Nate.

“They said that they are on to it and they will send a couple of cops to come and take a statement when she is less shell shocked.” He explains, “What did they take?”

“Money, my phone and basically my whole handbag.” She sniffles, “With a script in it for Downton Abbey.” She cries.

“Elli could you contact ITV and alert them about the mugging and the theft of the script?” Benedict asks his publicist knowing that she will have the best contacts to sort this out. “And Nate could you phone Steph.”

“No!” Lauren exclaims, “Don’t bother her. She will be busy.” Due to the sheer popularity of the rendition of Guys and Dolls which Steph has been involved in, the team was sent to Australia to perform it there and everyone has loved it.

“I will contact ITV.” Elli replies to Benedict before turning to Nate, “Text Stephanie.”

“I will now.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Mr Hiddleston.” The prison guard interrupts the heated conversation between Vanessa and Tom, “Your partner has called to ask me to alert you that your friend has been mugged. Mr Cumberbatch wants you home to help out.” He notifies.

“Oh yes of course!” He calls out and rushes out of the room, not saying farewell to his ex.

A/n I am so sorry if this part is confusing! In case you didn't know Lauren is played by my friend @LanaDelHiddleston you should totally go check out her works! Please vote/comment/share xXx