Vanessa's Relief

A/n hey there! The image is Eve Myles who plays Vanessa with a baby. It is the only image I could find of her holding a child aha oh well. Enjoy x

The two people he loves most. He is looking at them right now. Benedict is cradling Emmeline Rose as he feeds her some milk out of a baby bottle. Tom meanwhile is watching them, leaning up against the door frame while sipping at some tea. Benedict looks up and smiles at his fiancé, he has deep bags under his eyes but he is still grinning. Last night, Emmeline was being a bit of a madam and kept bawling her eyes out but Ben insisted that it should be him to get up and look after her. He is such a sweetheart. “I thought maybe we could go and visit the hotel about the wedding?” He suggests but Tom shakes his head.

“I have to go and see Vanessa this morning…it is important.” He sighs. Tom has not told Benedict about what Vanessa said the last time they saw each other. He doesn’t want to worry him.

“Okay?” Benedict raises his eyebrow with a confused expression, “I will ask if one of the girls would look after this little one then while I go.” Tom nods.

“Could you check in on Nate and Ellie at the hospital afterwards?” Nathan is doing well, in fact he should be discharged tomorrow but for a while it was not looking good. Luckily for Elli, Anthony has returned and is looking after her like best friends should.

“Of course TW.” Ben replies.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Tom rubs his hands together nervously as he sits and wait for Vanessa to emerge from wherever she is being confined. He is the only person in the large room cluttered with tables and chairs – well apart from the officer standing in the corner. It feels awkward. It is atmosphere which Tom does not like but he feels like he has to do this, here, now. There is a squeak of a door opening and Vanessa waltzes in with her prison officer at her side. She nods at Tom as a way of greeting and takes a seat opposite him with a coy expression. “You wanted to see me.” She states with a quiet voice. This shocks Tom.

“I am marrying Benedict.” He replies dryly, “But before you start to threaten me with lawyers and social services I have a proposition.”

“Go on.”

“When you blackmailed me, saying that you would take my daughter from me…I got scared.” He explains, “Then I realised that you are trapped in here because of deeds you committed but you are away from your daughter.” He rests both his elbows on the table and takes a deep breath. “I think I have found away for you to see your daughter.”

“Really?” Her breathing become ragged and a tear slips her eye obviously relieved.

“If you are willing to cooperate-”

“Oh god yes!” She interrupts him, “I miss her so much.”

“I understand that.” Tom smiles, the first smile since he has reached this place. “I have spoken to social services and it is practically all sorted. But obviously there are some conditions, some made by social services others mine.” She nods in understanding, “Emmeline’s social worker, Anna, has to be present at all times as well as your prison officer-”

“George.” Tom chuckles at her response before continuing.

“Yes quite, and either me or Benedict.” She groans at his name, “Ben is legally Emmeline’s guardian and is going to be my husband. That is the last condition; you will allow me to marry the man I love.”

“Okay I agree with those terms. When can I see my daughter?” He screeches the chair against the floor and scrambles to his feet.

“Tomorrow.” With that he leaves not wanting to be in her presence anymore.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Today is the day and Tom is so edgy, he has just passed over his baby to Anna who is about to enter the room where Vanessa is. The door is opened by a man – who Tom assumes to be George – and in they walk. She looks so happy to see her daughter which slightly moves Tom but he is still watching her warily like she could pull a move any second. Emmeline is passed over and Vanessa hugs her tightly but gently. “Thank you.” She says to Tom with tears in her eyes. She kisses the infant on her forehead and rocks her back and forth. “Can you take a picture?” She asks no one in particular as she gazes down at the small child in her arms. “For that photo album that I gave you.” She looks up and Tom nods before fishing out his phone.

“How about you get into the photo as well sir.” George speaks up and Tom reluctantly hands over his phone. He stands behind Vanessa who is sitting holding Vanessa and places his hand on her shoulder prior to posing for a photograph. “Done.”

“I will put it in the album.” He mumbles. “But we’d better go, our friend is being discharged from hospital and I want to be home when he gets back.”

“Tell Nathan to get well soon.” Vanessa grins. Tom briefly wonders how she knows his name but shrugs it off and picks up his child before leaving with Anna following close behind. George and Vanessa linger in the room for a bit longer. “This room is pretty comfortable. More comfortable than my cell.” She comments.

“Come on.” George beckons, “Let’s get you back to your cell so I can go on my lunch break.”

“Are you going to visit him?” She flutters her eyelashes and he nods.

\~.~.~.~.~/

George exits his car and peers around the scarce area. He is amongst several lockups, most of them derelict but he knows one is holding some very precious cargo. He approaches the garage and swings it open after unlocking it. The sudden source of light entering the small room makes the occupant groan. “Don’t worry my friend. Your time will come very soon.” George explains to the restrained figure…

A/n thoughts? Please comment and vote <3