Birthday Fun

A/n as promised but a day late...oh well! Enjoy xXX

The apartment is coated in streamers, covered in balloons and smothered with tasty treats; it must be Emmeline Rose's birthday. Today the young child is turning one into a one year old and Tom has thrown a little party for his daughter. The sound of chatter fills the room as gifts are in the midst of being opened. So far the young child has received some clothes, numerous toys and a little bag of chocolate which Anthony sneaked in much to the child's amusement. She is currently crawling on the carpet with a bright coloured plastic train which lights up and has sound effects while the group reminisce on how much baby toys have changed over the years. "I had more fun dressing up in my mother's clothes than actual toys." Tom comments making the gathering laugh.

"Oh I can believe that." Benedict replies earning a playful slap on his chest from his fiancé. The group continue to discuss other matters such as how Elli and Nate are adapting to parenthood, Anthony's today vibrant outfit (which includes neon orange chinos) and Lauren and Steph's new roles in a stage production together. "Cannot split you two up."

"We just love working together!" Lauren beams.

"Even though she always gets the bigger dressing room." Stephanie interjects after dragging her fingers through her hair.

"I do not!" Deciding to the leave the two girls to it the conversation is changed to how none of them can believe that Emmeline Rose is one year old. It feels like yesterday that Eve confronted the pair at the Trafalgar Theatre to tell them the news and all the agro associated with it. How far they have come. Tom peers down at his daughter when this thought crosses his mind and smiles at the image he sees. Her short, curly dirty blond locks are standing on end due to the static of the balloons surrounding her. She has streamers draped across her shoulders and lap while she is playing with an emerald green balloon. Or maybe it should be described as Loki coloured. Tom pulls out his phone and takes a quick photo of the adorable sight before him; Emmeline looks up at him at the right moment when the photo is taken so her bright, blue eyes shine in the image. Tom has blocked out all the sound in the room and is only focussing on his daughter which Ben notices who plants a soft kiss onto his lover's cheek drawing Tom out of his daydream. The taller actor turns to Benedict and they smile at each other contently before he turns back to his phone and decides to tweet the gorgeous photograph.

Twitter:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): Happy Birthday to my beautiful darling daughter! X IMAGE

Soon later millions of replies come through and chuckles at the fans reactions before realising some of his friends have replied also.

Amanda Abbington (@CHIMPSINSOCKS): @twhiddleston Aww she looks just like her father! Happy birthday to the little one :) <3 xxx

Mark Gatiss (@Markgatiss): @twhiddleston There is a party and I was not invited! Just kidding! Hope you have a great day :)

Chris Hemsworth (@chrishemsworth): @twhiddleston I second @Markgatiss where is my invite brother? Just as well I am too busy being awesome in Asgard *cough* Australia *cough*. Happy birthday Emmeline!

Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr): @twhiddleston Just wait to when they grow up and start shouting abuse at you...I am fine promise. Happy birthday Loki Jr! :D

\~.~.~.~.~/

It is about an hour later and there is a knock at the door causing everyone to look at Tom expectantly. He just grins. "And there is our last guest!" He exclaims dramatically as he waltzes over to the door with purpose.

"Last guest?" Ben scrunches his brow in confusion, "I thought everyone was here..." Tom pulls open the door to reveal a quite smartly dressed Darren holding a bag (obviously containing presents). He peers around the apartment nervously at all these new faces who probably have stuff against him even though what happened was not his fault. His eyes are then drawn to the small child sitting in the centre of the carpet and smiles. He has never met his niece before and she is the prettiest little thing he has ever seen.

"Everyone this is Darren." Tom introduces which is followed by lots of greetings. Darren is surprised how nice everyone is and welcoming but decides to embrace it.

"Hi." He responds shyly before passing over the bag to Tom who accepts in graciously and bro hugs his ex. "Oh there is a card and gift from me and stuff from Vanessa in the bag." He explains and Tom nods as he peers in the bag.

"You guys talking then?" Benedict asks him and Darren nods reluctantly.

"Kind of but I thought I might as well offer to bring Vanessa's stuff for the little one." He shrugs his shoulders. Tom places down the bag in the corner making a mental note to open the stuff later with Emmeline before rushing to centre of the room to scoop up his daughter. He cradles her in his arms and approaches Darren.

"This is Emmeline Rose." He unites them and Darren cannot help but smile. "Emmeline this is your Uncle Darren." He passes over Emmy to Darren who sits down carefully onto the sofa while holding the child.

"She's beautiful..." He coos, "Also very quiet?"

"Yes she is." Tom responds. "Apparently she is just a shy child."

"Don't know where she gets that from..." Nate mutters making the group burst out into hysterics. Tom pretends to be offended making them laugh harder.

"Hey I was a quiet, shy child!" He defends.

"God knows what happened..." Elli inputs before the group quieten down again. "So Darren..." She begins awkwardly, "You coming to the wedding?" Benedict - from behind Darren - face palms nervously with a look of shock.

"I don't know..." Darren begins, "I wouldn't have anyone to go with."

"We can go together!" Anthony exclaims while clapping his hands excitably together. The sound of a screaming baby interrupts the conversation and Nate excuses himself to go and see if his son - Max - is alright. He has probably just pooped or something.

"Really?"

"Yes it will be fun."

\~.~.~.~.~/

Tom starts to strum his guitar as the group sings Happy Birthday to Emmeline. Benedict meanwhile carries out a cake from the kitchen very carefully with one tiny candle. The birthday girl is sitting in her high chair excitable and ready to attempt to blow out the candle which will most likely end up with someone else blowing it out for her. The gang starts to sing merrily as Lauren records the commotion on her phone for a keep sake.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Emmeline

Happy birthday to you

Benedict starts to mime the blowing out of a candle to attempt to persuade Emmy to do but she was not playing ball and the wax is dripping onto the icing. He signals for Darren to do it who does so in awe of his news friends. Everyone applauds.

A/n please comment your thoughts!