Sick

A/n hey guys thanks for all the support so far, it is really appreciated :) Warning this chapter is not proof read or edited because I am super tired in fact I don't know how I updated at all :/

Thanks to @pro_benaddict for the prompts of this chapter, you should totally go and check their fics out. They have many different types of imagines on here and on instagram (name: professional_benaddict). I love their Dr. Cumberbatch fanfic!

Anyway please enjoy!

It early evening a couple of weeks later and so far everything has been great. Tom and Benedict have become closer and closer plus they have been enjoying the little sun England has had in April so far. They have planned a holiday and have also discussed wedding plans as they have decided that they want to get married as soon as possible. Last week, Tom talked to Darren about the fact that he is going to get married to Benedict but he wants to be friends and will support Darren in any way possible. Now however, Ben has been away a couple of days in the States and Emmeline Rose has fallen ill. This is making her cranky and very demanding so Tom is extremely fatigued yet he has to go away tonight for a couple of days for work reasons. The front door is swung open by a jet lagged Benedict and he drags his suitcase inside. "I'm home!" He shouts and Tom comes into view carrying the spluttering child. "Hey Tom." Ben smiles but then frowns when he notices the state Emmeline is in. "Is everything alright?"

Tom takes a deep breath before starting his rant. "Emmeline is sadly sick and she has been wailing at every hour in the day. She won't calm down unless someone holds her and that means she is very challenging. This means that I have had shit from Vanessa because she had to miss their mother-daughter time but that doesn't fucking matter." He takes another deep breath before continuing, "Steph and Lauren are away in Scotland so I could not ask them for help. Elli cannot help because she is pregnant and so she cannot go and get sick plus Nathan cannot come and help because he could pass on germs to Elli."

"Oh TW, you should have called! I would have come home." Benedict smiles sadly and Tom nods in acknowledgement.

"Anyway, I'd better be off because you were running late and I know that was not your fault because the plane was delayed but still." He sighs loudly and walks over to his partner and embraces him in a hug with Emmeline wedged in between. He pulls away and passes over his child gently to Benedict who cradles her gently in his arms. "Will you be alright?"

"We will be fine." Ben assures, "Now go because I don't want you driving in the dark longer than you have to." He kisses Tom on the lips softly and lovingly. They have missed each other's contact over the last few days and knowing that they are going to be spending more time apart is saddening but it has to be done if they are going to keep their acting careers alive.

"I love you Ben." Tom mumbles against his lips as the little infant coos in his partner's arms.

"I love you too Tom." Ben smiles and they pull apart. The Tom which Benedict is looking at is the old, not depressed Tom. Yes currently he is a little frantic because his child is ill but that is understandable. Ben is just happy to see things are getting better.

"Anyway see you guys in a few days' time." Tom announces and kisses both Ben and Emmeline on their foreheads before slinging his bulky rucksack on his back. He exits the apartment after slipping on his sneakers and giving one more instruction. "And do not bother Elli and Nate." He raises his eyebrow and leaves.

\~.~.~.~.~/

It is a couple days later and Tom is returning home after a very busy, jam-packed few days of meetings and photoshoots. He is glad to be home. He unlocks the front door to his apartment and calls out, "I'm home!" Similarly to what his fiancé did a few days ago which makes himself chuckle underneath his breath. He slings his bag off his back and waltzes into his living room where he is met with a sniffling Benedict with a sniffling Emmeline on his lap. "Oh no are my two babies poorly." Tom pouts and rushes over to the pair who are spluttering on the sofa. "Ben you should have phoned me."

"You needed some time out of this even if it was work." Benedict croaks, "Anyway I am too lovely to inflict this on you."

"Aww you are too kind my love." Tom smiles, "I will make you some soup to soothe your throat." He then departs the living area and enters the kitchen to make his dearly beloved a bowl of hot, steamy soup. He opens a cupboard and rummages around finding several tins of different flavours of soup: tomato, vegetable, minestrone, chicken and mushroom. Tom ponders on which Benedict would prefer but then decides to pick the classic and removes the tin of Heinz tomato soup from the cupboard before pouring the contents into a pan. If he had more time he would make soup from scratch as it was a skill his mother taught him when he was very young but sadly time is not on his side as his fiancé is slowly falling away into the death trap that is the flu. Tom pulls a wooden spoon from the holder and begins to stir the thick, orange liquid in the pan until he sees the steam coming off it. At this point he turns off the stove and pours the contents of the pan into a large bowl. He grabs a spoon from the drawer and carries the food into the living room for Benedict. He places the bowl down onto the coffee table and turns to see his fiancé and baby snoozing soundly on the sofa. He grins at the cuteness and pulls out his phone from the back pocket of his trousers and takes a photograph.

Tom scoops up his daughter into his arms and cuddles her tenderly and begins to carry her out of the room and towards her nursery as she gradually falls asleep. He kisses her head and sniffs her smell; it might sound odd but if you watched from a distance it looks like a truly affectionate action. He then lays her down into her cot and then leaves the nursery to take care of his partner who is still sleeping. He sighs and pokes Ben carefully who awakes with a groan. "Ben darling I made you soup." He whispers softly and takes a seat in the armchair as his partner sits up and grasps onto the bowl of soup.

Twitter:

Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston): Came home after a couple of days of work to find my two beautiful babies sick. Better take care of them. (IMAGE) #fucktheflu

Replies:

Amanda Abbington (@CHIMPSINSOCKS): Aww :( Hope they get better soon #fucktheflu

Chris Hemsworth (@chrishemsworth): Bit of a crap thing to return home to but I hope future Mr Hiddleston and baby Hiddleston get well soon mate

Emma Watson (@EmWatson): Please can we get this hashtag trending as I am ill with the flu also #fucktheflu

Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr): #fucktheflu #fucktheflu #fucktheflu @EmWatson happy?

Emma Watson (@EmWatson): I think it is going to take more than that @RobertDowneyJr but thanks #fucktheflu

Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr): Hey it is the thought that counts right :D #FUCKTHEFLU

A/n the end twitter thing was just a bit silly I know :p anyway please comment your thoughts and vote if you think this part was worth voting for.