Chapter 13

((this chapter contains spoilers for s1 of attack on titan episode 13 as well as s2 ep 6 spoilers. I won't get into any manga spoilers though:)  ))

"Yeah Marco is at the dorms, he got you a card and wants to have all of us sign it!" Connie beamed, sitting on one of the chairs my mom previously sat on.

"Way to ruin the fucking surprise, dumbass!" Jean walked over and smacked Connie on his bald head, causing Connie to whimper and glare at Jean.

Armin glanced over to me with an amused smile. "(Y/N)'s mom's went to go get food for us, have you guys eaten yet?"

Sasha nodded and bit her lip. "I wouldn't mind eating again..."

"Didn't sound like an offer, Sasha." Jean stated. The light haired brunette looked me up and down before a smile graced his handsome face. "We should go. We've already checked up on her and..." Jean stopped as he gestured to the bed Armin and I were on.

Armin sat beside me, still holding my hand.

The blonde didn't seem to catch on to what Jean meant, but I sure did— I was blushing like a madman and averting my gaze.

~~~~

My moms, Armin, and I spent lunch together before the nurses made them leave so I could take a nap.

In this dream, I awoke in some sort of...uniform. I felt a bit shorter than normal, and I wore some sort of mask over my face. I couldn't choose to move in this dream though, everything was seemingly unfolding right infront of me.

"Mar...co?" A voice that sounded to familiar said shakily. I couldn't place my finger on who it belonged to. I turned suddenly, and noticed it looked like a much younger version of Jean. He stared in complete despair down at the body on the ground.

"No..." I spoke out. The body was so real. Half of it was missing from their head down to their waist.

I couldn't control my words in this dream or my thoughts— my body moved on its own...

'That can't be Marco.'

I had dropped down infront of the corpse and saw his beautiful freckles, his once warm and comforting eyes now dull. There were dried tears.

"Oh God."

"Do you know him?" A woman asked, startling the two of us. "Let us know if you do. We don't exactly have time to waste mourning."

Jean was taken aback, yet his eyes remained fixed on our freckled friend.

"Y...yes...Marco Bodt." Jean replied.

~~~~

"(Y/N), honey, it's time to go!" I was gently shook awake and met eyes with my ma. Her sweet brown eyes looked into mine and she smiled. "You and Armin have a little police date, you've also been discharged! C'mon, get changed!" Her curly brown hair bounced as she turned and walked out of my hospital room.

I noticed she had left a bag of my clothes from the dorm and I put them on, tucking my hospital gown into the trash. Just as I was about to leave, I remembered the flowers Armin had gotten me. I turned back around and grabbed onto them, being careful not to spill the water, and I noticed there was a card.

"Must be the card Connie mentioned..." I mumbled to myself and grabbed it, tucking it in the bag so I could read it later.

'Marco is so sweet...But the hell was that dream?'

I shook off the dream and decided to look into it later, probably something I could talk about with Armin.

After a long and tiring few hours of police questioning they left the room. It was just Armin and I now, sitting alone in an uncomfortable silence.