Chapter 38

((I FORGOT TO UPDATE IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN BUSY WITH SETTING UP MY COLEGE STUFF!!! anyway when this books ends...maybe soon...I'm thinking about making a gender-neutral version))

"Eren, you can take the red Honda, you'll all fit in there." Carla shouted from across the living room as she finished brushing her hair, grabbing the keys from their hook and tossing them over to Eren, who dropped them before scrambling to pick them up.

It had been a hectic morning since there was a power outage sometime last night. The power outage reset everything in the house so the alarms didn't go off. We were just lucky Connie has left his on for school.

Grisha said it was because of a thunderstorm or something, and not to worry since Zeke's game is far from here. I dunno if there really was one though, Armin and I slept right through the night.

Into the car we went, all of us packed in, Eren and Jean in front...me in the middle, Mikasa on my right and Armin on my left. Connie and Zeke were basically pushed to the back row of seats, and Connie already started to mess with him.

"Jean. Why the hell did you look at my mom like that earlier?" Eren was the first to speak up since we got in the car, slamming the door angrily.

Jean looked at him all confused, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head. "What the hell are you going on about this time?"

I turned my head to Mikasa hoping she'd be able to explain but she only shrugged. She did seem entertained by their sudden arguing.

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about." Eren responded angrily as he pulled out of their driveway.

"No, actually, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about!"

"When she handed you your breakfast plate and you smiled at her!"

"I WAS JUST SAYING THANK YOU—"

"I would prefer to make it to Zeke's baseball game alive, so I suggest you idiots keep your hands to yourselves." I cut Jean off right as he was about to smack Eren's arm. Armin looked to me all wide eyed, but managed to let out a small chuckle.

"BAHAHAHA—" Connie burst out into laughter beside me, pointing to the two idiots up in front as he continued on laughing.

~~~~

We were all set up, we got the best seats in the whole bleachers. The sun that would've been burned some people was blocked by the shade, but we could still feel the heat. Mikasa had gone with Eren to go explore the stadium.

"Hey, (N/N)?" Armin turned to me with an excited grin. "Jean, Connie, and I are gonna go get some ice cream or whatever. What are you gonna want?"

"Oh! Well..." I glanced down to think about it, before coming up with a response. "I'll take (favorite snack)! Thank you!" I smiled back up at my blondie, handing him my wallet.

"No- absolutely not." Armin frowned down at me., gently pushing my wallet back to me. He began to walk off with the boys, turning around and waving bye to me. "The food and everything at these games is super expensive so I've got you covered!"

'Freebie. Cool....well shit. Now I'm all alone- never mind.'

"Hey, kid." Levi sat in the chair behind me with a big bottle of soda, lightly nudging my shoulder to make sure he caught my attention. "How've you been?"

I smiled up at the older man.

"Good...you came to see Zeke too?" This isn't like the past. I genuinely don't know what to say to him— he's a completely different guy. Same snarky, smart ass responses, but his vibes...totally different.

"Yeah, yeah..." He seemed like he had something to say. Literally. He kept glancing down from me to his phone, before suddenly showing it to me. It was an ultrasound, two babies. I looked behind the phone and to Levi's smiling face. "I don't want to assume, but they are a male and a female...Hange and I were thinking of making their middle names Isabel and Farlan. His idea— not mine...though I do support the idea."

I never knew much about Isabel and Farlan, just overheard their names when Sasha, Jean, and I were sneaking around Erwin's office. We were caught, of course, but learned something new nonetheless!

When I looked to where he pointed, I saw Hange pressed up against the glass window and waving to us, Erwin standing by his side and eating ice cream.

"Tch..." Levi mumbled under his breath, looking down to the ground with a small smile. "We're sitting up there since it's air conditioned, heat like this isn't so good for pregnant people."

"Totally get it. Thanks for telling me, Levi." I flashed a smile at him before waving over at Hange. "You coming with us to have dinner after the game?"

Levi smiled at this.

"Yeah, after all, Hange was the one who came up with the plan." He spoke proudly of his beloved, and Armin saw us. He smiled at Levi as he walked over. "Well..." Levi stood from his seat, grunting like an old man. "I'll leave you kids to it. See you in a bit, (Y/N)."

"Right back at ya!"

Armin handed me what I ordered and shook Levi's hand, and after that, Levi was headed back up to Hange. He took back his seat beside me, Jean sitting on my right, Eren and Mikasa sitting to Armin's left.

"So, what did you and the old man talk about?" Armin asked, sipping his Blue Icee.

"I dunno...I don't wanna spoil too much about it, you'll find out! Eventually..." I mumbled the last part under my breath. Hange's got a good 6 months to go. "Oh, it's starting!" I pointed to the big screen as they finally started to introduce their players. Connie ran back over to us with big buckets of popcorn, spilling it on top of people's heads by accident, before finally taking his seat on Jean's right.

Zeke had the most cheers. I leaned forward to  look at Eren. The loudest screams came from him, as he looked down to his brother chanting his name, punching his fist in the air, with the biggest smile on his face.

~~~~

Zeke's team, oh so conveniently named Beasts, beat the Sailors by 25-7. So basically, with Zeke as the main pitcher, the other team didn't stand a chance.

Armin held my hand and pulled me out of my seat. We stayed with our hands like this till we made it down to the parking lot. He hoisted me up onto the front of Erens car and sat me there, climbing up to sit beside me as we watched the sun set.

"When do you think they'll be back?" I asked because I'm fucking starving, but my stomach didn't even give me the chance to finish it myself, as it growled...wait, no, that was Armin's.

"Sorry— just, hungry..." he admitted, resting his head on my shoulder. "Maybe another ten minutes. Zeke is probably gonna wanna stay after to shower and change. Usually does, especially cause we're going to eat out tonight."

I nodded, admiring the beautiful colors of the sunset.

"Y'know...I messed up when we were back at the castle and the sun was rising. I was supposed to say you were just as beautiful as the sun rise, but I got all choked up..." He chuckled, kissing my neck softly. "Would it be far too late to say it now?"

"Nope, no. Go ahead. I'm all ears."

"Well. You're as beautiful as this sunset." He said proudly. "Man, it's like a whole weight wa shifted off my shoulders."

I shook my head, smiling up at blondie. "Oh really now?"

"Mhm."

The parking lot was practically empty, the game had ended an half an hour before we were to get out of our seats.

"Sorry about the wait." Zeke coughed into his elbow as he approached the car, sitting up front before Jean could. Eren unlocked the car door and got in the drivers seat, beeping to hint that we should get off.

Armin looked back with a single brow raised, and was unphased by Eren's shit-eating grin.