Chapter 37

Zeke seemed a bit surprised at the joke I made about my death. He coughed awkwardly into his hand, trying to force out a laugh, which only made me laugh out loud.

"Anyway..." Zeke looked to the floor, grabbing the handle of his suitcases. "I'm going to get set up in my old room."

With that, he just walked off on his own, not even saying goodbye or anything.

"Okay then. Well!" I began to make my way up the stairs, "Let's go!"

When we got up there, everyone was standing outside of the room they had claimed. There was only one door left at the end of the hall, to which Armin and I sighed upon what was beyond the door.

Twin beds. At least they weren't children's beds.

"I mean....at least we get to share a room?" I tried to lift the mood. We didn't necessarily want a full bed for any 'bad' intentions, we just felt ready to sleep in the same bed and...damn. Guess we never will.

Armin set our suitcases down by the dressers. I threw myself into one of the beds and laid there comfortably for a few moments, only sitting up to make room for blondie.

I scooted over a bit and patted the now empty area beside me, watching Armin as he laid next to me, resting his head on my lap.

"Y'know, it's a little cramped on the bed." Armin remarked, looking up to me with a grin. He reached up and cupped my cheek, pulling me down and in for a kiss. "But it's worth it just to look up and see your face."

"God, you're so cheesy..." I smiled down at him, simple enjoying his company as we gazed into each other's eyes. "I love you, blondie."

"Love you too, (N/N)."

"C'mere, kids! Dinners done!" Carla called from the kitchen. I groaned, I was so comfortable like this...

"Let's go." Armin sat up, causing me to give in and get up as well. "Watch this."

He walked to the other side of the room and to the twin bed, pushing it to the middle, then moving the other to the middle, connecting the beds.

"There we go! Now, we shall resume later." He stretched his arms before grabbing my hand. We walked back in the hall to find the group, who had migrated into Jean's room....Jean took the big bed.

Whining was heard from around the corner of the room.

"but this is MY room!" Eren shouted at Jean, who stood smugly atop of the bed.

"Well I don't see your name on it. Care to explain that?" Jean replied, Armin and I watched from the doorway. He wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his chin atop my head.

"IT'S LITERALLY ABOVE MY BED!" The angry boy shouted once more, pointing to the letters above his bed.

"He's right, Jean." Armin replied, pointing with his free hand to the letters above his bed while moving his hand to my lower stomach. "Look. Right above his head. It spells, C-R-Y-B-A-B-Y."

Everyone in the room burst out into the laughter, while Eren pouted in the corner. Armin didn't laugh so hard, only letting out a small chuckle.

When they finally calmed down, Jean looked to us...then down to Armin's hand.

"Yep. THIS is why you guys don't get the big bed!" Jean stuck his tongue out at us. "I don't wanna hear-" He moved the frame of the bed back and forth, creating a creaking sound. "-all night long!"

Again, another wave of laughter, but embarrassed silence from Armin and I.

"Oh, c'mon, Jean" Connie stood from the computer chair with a mischievous grin. "Don't act like you wouldn't pretend that was you and (Y/N)!"

'What?'

I furrowed my brows in realization, staring up at Jean as Armin moved his other hand around me, holding me close while the others giggled.

'was I the only one that didn't know...?'

Jean looked embarrassed and stayed still, looking down to his feet with his cheeks and ears a bright red.

Jean likes me. Or at least liked me.

I mean.

It made sense.

The nicknames, teasing, walking me to class...the at times unnecessary chin tilting or hand brushing.

I'm surprised he never acted on it. He's a very vocal guy...

"You....liked me?" I finally asked after what felt like years of silence.

"I..." Jean sighed, glaring over to Connie as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I used to, yeah, but...when we touched hands for the first time, all my memories of you and Armin together came back. I didn't want to get in the way of you guys." Jean explained, pursing his lips together. "You guys got another chance to actually be with each-other...I didn't wanna mess that up."

I genuinely didn't know what to say. At this point, my life is a literal fucking fantasy.

"Great job on ruining the mood, Jean." Connie shook his head.

"Hey- you basically forced to to admit it! Bastard!"

"Can we just head down to dinner already?" Mikasa entered the argument with an annoyed frown. "I'm hungry and don't wanna hear this right now."

"She's right. Let's go before she yells at us..." Eren walked out the door holding Mikasa's hand.

"Oh no, lord forbid the beautiful lady yell at me!" Jean said sarcastically, hopping off the bed and walking after the two of them with Connie.

Armin and I lagged behind.

"So..." I began. "...did you know? About Jean..."

"Mhm." He answered nonchalantly. "He'd talk about you to me all the time, he'd even say your name too. I just didn't know it was you specifically. And if talked about you to him, calling you the 'nameless beauty' at the library. It was pretty awkward when we realized we were each talking about you."

I nodded in understanding, and before we knew it, we were in the kitchen. Carla waved us to the table and began to grab the bowls of food, setting it to the center of the table when we say down.

"Here you go, babes." She smiled down at me, turning back around to get us played and utensils. "Eren, where's your brother?"

"He's in the room still. I think he's taking to Dina ."

"That bitch, I swear..." Carla grumbled. "I'll go get him, be back soon!"

I faced Eren and raised a brow, implying I wanted to know what happened between her and this so called Dina.

"My dad's first wife, Zeke's mom. They would fight a lot in highschool- for reasons other than my dad." Eren played with his utensils. "My mom totally kicks her ass though." He seemed proud of his mom and her 'ass kicking' ways.