Chapter 7

((IF YOU DO NOT READ THE AOT MANGA DO NOT LOOK UP NICCOLO. PLEASE DO NOT. MAJOR, VERY IMPORTANT MANGA SPOILERS WILL APPEAR IF YOU DO. His hair, skin, and eye color have not been officially stated so I will make it up here.))

Y/N)! Come with me- I wanna get some food!" Sasha whined, grabbing hold of my arm.

"Wait a minute, Sasha. I have someone I wanna introduce to you all!" Hannes smiled, coughing into his elbow after taking a swig of his alcohol. "NICCOLO! GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE!"

Hannes yelled to the door leading into the kitchen, and out stepped a man near our age- maybe a year or two older.

He looked to Hannes a bit agitated and wiped his hands off on the towel tied to his belt. He looked down to his hands as he made his way toward our group.

He had soft wavy platinum blonde hair and fair skin. He was easily around 6'4, and was a bit in the thinner side. When he looked up, our eyes met, and he had the most striking silver eyes I had ever seen in my life.

His eyes didn't look into mine for a second more, his gaze moved on to the hungry brunette beside me. His previously annoyed gaze turned soft upon seeing Sasha, but she was too oblivious to even realize. She wasn't even looking at the dude!

"I'm Niccolo." He quickly looked away from Sasha, eyeing the grip she had on my arm. It looks like he was taking a mental note...

"Yeah, we heard the old man say it." Jean relied like the smart-ass he is and earned a chuckle from Eren.

"I ain't old! I'm 43 years young, actually." Hannes laughed and hit Jean hard on the back, making him stumble forward. "Anyway, Niccolo, get to the kitchen. I'm sure these kiddos are hungry, I'll cover the drinks."

"Sure." And with that, Niccolo walked off again.

"Sasha!" I whispered and she looked up to me a little confused by my slightly irritated tone.

"Whaaaat?" She whispered back.

"He was totally checking you out!"

"Who?"

Sigh.

"Nevermind."

"Wait- I wanna know, (N/N)! Don't do this to MEEEE!" She whined as I dragged her to the table our friends sat at.

I ignored her as her face neared mine, shoving her face back with my hand. She gave me puppy eyes but gave up when she realized I didn't care to tell her.

She seemed to cheer up when she ran over to Jean and stole a seat neat him...leaving the only other open seat by Armin.

I smiled to myself, of course she'd set me up like this. Armin was fiddling around with the menu as I made my way over.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked but already knew the answer. The blonde looked up to me with a shy smile, shaking his head no.

"Alrighty, gimme your orders, kids. I'll write it up and give it to Niccolo over there. If he messes up tour order, take it up with him personally. I gotta call my wife back, lord knows how many calls I missed. Technology is hard!" Hannes joked, and Connie was the only one who laughed.

It made everything awkward.

"Well, Niccolo never messes up an order, you kids got nothing to worry about." Hannes said and took out his ordering pad, jotting down our orders and drinks.

He made our drinks himself, I chose a Coke. He walked away to call his wife after bringing our drinks, and left us to chat at the table.

Niccolo came out with many trays and platters of food, seeming a bit overwhelmed but he looked like he could manage.

When he gave me my order, I instantly noticed that he had got it wrong. It wasn't even the right food! He had already hurried off to the kitchen though, so I guess I gotta hurry on back there.

"Niccolo never misses an order" 'my ass.'

A bit annoyed, I excused myself from the table and grabbed my plate of food.

'I mean, I guess I'll cut him some slack.' I thought as I pushed open the kitchen door. 'There's about 7 of us, myself included, so I suppose he was bound to mess up someone's order.'

"Hello...?" I looked over the stove and saw Niccolo there. He looked up to me, seeming relieved.

"Good, you came." He said as he walked over to me, switching out my incorrect plate of food for the food I had requested. "Dont worry, I didn't waste food just to get you here. I made this for myself."

His set his food onto the counter behind him, guiding me over to the one way window that looked out into the bar. He pointed to my table, specifically at the brunette.

"What's her name?" He asked, still looking at her.

I smirked as I walked over to him, holding my plate in one hand and resting the other on his shoulder. "You wanna piece of that ass, huh?" He glared at my joke and I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Her name is Sasha. Mine is (Y/N), by the way. Thanks for asking."

"Is she single?"

"Straight to the point, aren't we?"

"Nothing but pure intentions, I can assure you. Look-" He took out a note pad and wrote his name beside his phone number, tearing out the slip of paper and handing it over to me. "-We're expecting a full house in the bar tonight, the football game going on and all, so I'm gonna be swamped with work...hand over my number to her when you get the chance."

"And please," He added, "Don't do it infront of your friends. I don't want it to be obvious."
I nodded, folding the paper and tucking it into my pant's pocket.

"Can do, Nick."

"Don't call me nick-" He said as he followed me out of the kitchen. We made it out and I laughed a bit at his agitation towards the little nickname I gave him. I looked to the blonde with a smile, and he smiled back.

"My food better not be cold."

He rolled his eyes at my remark. "I knew you'd come get your food fixed as soon as you saw it messed up, my gut told me that you would. And, trust me, my gut feeling is never wrong."

"Tch."

"What, did I hit a mark?" Niccolo joked.

"You sure did, boy."

The whole table had their eyes on us and Niccolo stopped walking.

"...I'll see you later, (Y/N). Remember to-"

"Yeah, yeah, I got it, Nick. Don't get your panties in a twist!"

Before he could say something back I shoved him back and he shook his head with a smile, walking back into the kitchen.

This caught the attention of Armin, who kept his head down to his plate, but I could feel him side glancing at Niccolo.

I set my plate down on the table and took my seat with a smile.

"You two spent an awful long time talking to one another." Jean brought up as he took a sip of his beer.

"Oh, before you open your big mouth again, Jean, I'll have you know that nothing occurred between us. Just dudes being dudes."

Armin relaxed in his seat, drinking his water and taking a bite of his food.