Chapter 22

((no gabi slander😐))

Now feeling better and less dirty, we made our way to the dining area hand in hand.

"Zeke?! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hey, Eren."

I looked to the tall blonde man named Zeke. Reminded me of Eren, and I think Eren actually has mentioned him before. His half brother, maybe?

The longer I looked the more uncomfortable I became. My stomach felt sick, but I don't know why. Every part of me told me that he was bad news. I felt like he had wronged me, but this was my first time meeting him.

I raised a hand to my head and touched it lightly, my head felt like it was splitting. It felt like it did when a rock killed me.

I watched skeptically as he shook everyone's hands.

"Oh, I don't think I've met you yet! My little brother always introduces me to his friends, you must be new." Zeke said as he approached me. "I'm Mr. Jaeger, Pieck's history teacher. My class should be down in a minute."

I shook his hand, and I seemed to have shocked him with my touch. It felt like a spark.

The memory of charging towards my death and the beast titan throwing the final rock to end me, splitting my head in half, came back and I felt the pain once more.

"I'm so sorry." He frowned, letting go of my hand quickly. He must have seen it when we shook hands.

All those memories are definitely more than just a dream.

Armin stood himself right behind me, an arm wrapped around my waist, side eyeing Zeke.

"Reiner, it's been so long!" A brunette girl our age ran straight form her group and into Reiner's arms. She was adorable, with a round face and cute nose.

"Gabi, I missed you!" Reiner responded with a smile, hugging her tightly. "But it's only been a week since we last saw one another-"

"Far too long if you ask me!" She let go and ran into the embrace of my best friend, Sasha. Sasha flinched a bit out of surprise, but once she realized who it was, she returned the embrace.

"Hey, Sasha!! It's been really long for real this time!"

"Last I saw you was at Reiner's 15th birthday party, you're so right! Sit next to me and (Y/N) for breakfast!"

"Uh— sure!"

"Gabi, calm down." A sheepish blonde boy pulled her away from Sasha and apologized profusely. His eyes glanced over to everyone as if to say sorry, and he seemed to be a bit embarassed as well.

"Just because you're my boyfriend doesn't mean you can put your hands on me, Falco!" I watched as the couple embraced one another, smiling the whole time.

As we ate, the rest of the Marleyan's introduced themselves to us. Porco, Marcel, Udo, Zofia, and Zeke's assistant, Yelena, had been staying here for a week now. This was their final week here, I wouldn't have much time to get to know them, then. The boys seemed to be getting along well.

I looked over to the Marleyan girls our age and had an idea...

"Why don't we have a sleepover in my room tonight? I'd love to get to know you all more and plus, I just miss dorming with Sasha!" I turned to my brunette best friend and she pulled me into an embrace.

As usual, she was all dramatic and started crying. "I MISS YOU TOO!"

"That sounds like a great fucking idea, (Y/N)! No, literally! I've grown up with these dorks and don't really know anyone else so I'd love to make new buddies." Gabi answered and put an arm around Zofia and the other around Pieck.

~~~~

After dinner, so 7 pm, I was back in my room just tidying the place up- fixing the pillows and tucking yesterdays clothes into the bin.

There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." I answered, figuring it was one of the girls.

The door handle twisted open, and in walked Levi, a platter of old fashioned candies in hand. He left the door wide open.

"Oh, hey." I smiled at him. He handed the tray out to me.

"What some, kid?" He pointed to a green and chocolate mint. "I like these ones; you might too. There were these raspberry cookies I wanted to grab for you, but they were all gone."

I nodded, grabbing it from the tray and peeling off the wrapper.

Yum.

Levi smiled having seen my own. "I overheard your sleepover plans so I brought my own tray for you guys."

"Thank you." I nodded, taking the tray from him and setting it aside. "You sure you don't wanna take any for your walk back to....?"

"—don't worry about me, kid, I've got janitorial duties to tend to." Levi awkwardly waved before walking out the room, closing the door behind him.

Just a few moments later, there was a knock at the door.

'Must be the girls!' I happily ran up to the door and opened it wide, and was met with Armin. He had a single flower from the Meadow in his hand and a raspberry pastries on a plate.

"I got these for you! These were the last ones." He wore a proud smile.

"I saw Sasha eyeing them so I snatched a few before she could eat them..." he chuckled nervously.

I didn't know what to say. He's given me stuff before, but now that we're a couple, it feels so much more romantic.

I took the pastry and flower with a smile, kissing Armin's cheek.

"I was thinking we could spend the rest of the day together!" Armin said with a smile and rosy cheeks. I felt so bad knowing I had made plans already. I frowned, and my face must have saddened him as well.

"Armin, I didn't know you were gonna be joining us!" Mikasa teased and pulled him into the room, followed by Annie and Sasha. "The others are on their way. They just live on the other side of the palace so it'll be a bit."

"Okay!" I responded and straightened out my pajamas.

"So, Armin." Annie set her blanket and pillow down on the bed, holding into her stuffed animal. "Are you here to perv on us, or...?"

"No! Not at all!" Armin raised his hands up in defense, laughing nervously. Annie smirked, having successfully teased Armin. Even I smiled. "I just...Um..." He looked to me to come up with an answer.

"I invited him to hang out for a bit, that's all." I told the three girls as they settled in. Sasha immediately dug into the snack tray and Annie had to remind her not to eat it all before the rest of the girls arrive.