Chapter 5

I left the library after that, and have been going back every day since. Each time I tried to ask for his name, he'd just go back to work...

"God, I can't believe I stayed there till 11..." I groaned, it's a Thursday night, we met on Sunday. I'm surprised I was able to even sneak back on campus after curfew.

Blondie had me waiting till 11 at night to see if he was there or not, but it turns out, he had the day off. To be fair though, he never told me he would be there.

I feel so weak when I look I look up into those eyes of his...They're so captivating, so pure. The color of an ocean, a mesmerizing blue. And his nose...

"He's just so cute!" I giggled, gaining the attention of my roommate, Sasha, who looked at me with a suggestive smirk.

"Are you thinking about your 'blondie', again? Oh!" Sasha ran over to the couch with a bowl of popcorn, pausing the Avengers movie that played infront of us.

"Did you get his name?" She asked excitedly. Her smile faltered when she saw the sheepish look on my face. She tossed a couple pieces of popcorn at me, I caught them all successfully with my mouth. "You've been meeting him for a week! A week, (Y/N)! You suck!"

"I know I do." I stuck my tongue out at the brunette, and swallowed the popcorn. "Every time I ask he just walks off! I don't get it!"

~~~~

"C'mon, (Y/N), we'll be late to history!" Marco hurried me. I was so slow eating my breakfast that I hasn't noticed I had been acting cereal for half an hour. I was lost in my thoughts, thinking about blondie.

"Sorry, sorry!" I apologized and Marco threw out my cereal, hurrying Connie, Sasha, and Jean.

Ever since last night, I haven't been able to think about much besides blondie. Even though we did what we have been doing since we met, discussing library books and exploring the library's secrets- which Blondie gladly showed me -, it's felt like so much more. I made a real connection with this guy...and I don't even know his damn name!

Sasha grabbed my hand and pulled me out of me seat, running with me in her hand.

"Don't pull (Y/N) like that, potato girl! You'll hurt her!" Jean yelled from behind as he chased us down the halls. I turned back and saw Marco and Connie running after us as well.

"Make it into the classroom first, (Y/N)!" Sasha yelled before shoving me forward. I stumbled and fell but immediately got up, running towards the door and just before I could reach it...

"CHEATERS!" Jean and Connie yelled.

"What are you doing?" A deep, amused voice spoke up from infront of me. I recognize that voice all too well...

"Erm- Mr. Smith!" I smiled and took a step back, as if I hadn't just bumped into the poor man for the second time in a week.

"You've all got one minute left till the bell rings." He looked to me with a raised brow before riffing the top of my head, walking into class. "But, I believe you've already won, Ms. (L/N)."

"YEAAAAH!" I ran into the classroom with a big grin, turning around to look at my friends. "Suck on THAT, Jean!"

"Whatever!" Jean groaned, he had managed to pass up Sasha and Connie but he was left out of breath. After we all made it into the room we took our seats. Eren looking over to me with a smile and a thumbs up, mouthing, "good job beating that horse-face!"

I playfully rolled my eyes with a smile and Eren turned back to face front. I glanced to the empty seat beside him and Mikasa, wondering who this Armin is, and why his work is always keeping him from attending school.

By now, Mr. Smith had managed to memorize all of our names. He was intelligent like that, a great memory and handsome to boot. He looked a bit displeased as he let out a long sigh.

"Armin Arlert is absent, one again." Mr. Smith glanced over to Mikasa and Eren who gave him a nod. Despite Armin seeming to be constantly absent, he always made sure he was correct in marking his absence.

I pulled out my sketch book and began to doodle a bunch of flowers on a random page in my book, not bothering to put much effort into it. I flipped through the rest of the pages to look back on some old doodles I could continue, but then I heard footsteps going down the hall.

"I-I'm here!" A breath voice announced, slamming the door open and then apologizing to the door for 'hitting it too hard'.

I pressed the tip of my pencil so hard to the paper that it snapped. I immediately recognized that voice.

"Ah, Armin, I presume? Eren and Mikasa saved you a seat.

My eyes widened, my fucking prayers have been answered. Blondie is here! And I'm not even religious!

He finally turned his head sharply to look around the classroom, but froze upon sight of me.

The room went quiet, and my heart was racing. I'm going to die.

'Oh my God am I an idiot? He's here!'

Mr. Smith cleared his throat with a smile, I snapped out of my thoughts and felt myself blush. Armin shyly took his spot beside Mikasa and Eren, face tomato red.

"Now that the reunited lovers are done," Mr. Smith joked, but it caused me to squeak out in embarrassment. "We can get started."

'Lovers...?'

As Mr. Smith spoke I felt like I was on auto-pilot. I was nodding my head, opening my text book, and jotting down my notes, all the while stealing glances at the blonde who managed to take over my mind without ever telling me his name.

Occasionally, I'd catch him staring back at me. It'd make me look away out of pure embarrassment. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling so shy, we had been so close throughout this week.

"Alright, that'll be it for today." My blonde teacher announced as he cleared the whiteboard.

"Wha...?" There's no way class ended just as it began! I looked over to the wall clock and...yep. 5 minutes left until class ends. I sighed and began to put my things away as the chatter among the students began.

I stole another glance at Armin and found him staring right back at me, waving. Eren and Mikasa looked back at me as well, but Mikasa whispered something to Armin that made him blush and nod.

'Oh God. I've been gushing about Armin to his friends! Everyone in this class knows him!'

Armin put his stuff away and swung his backpack over his shoulders.

He's.
Walking.
Towards.
Me.

I felt myself panic, 'Oh, what do I do?! Oh my God uh--' I began to straighten out my outfit despite it not even being messed up, wanting to make sure I looked nice for him.

'Why am I acting like this?!'  I mentally slapped myself, but my heart melted at the sight of his smile and stride. He finally reached me and put a hand on my desk, leaning on it and over me.

"Hey!" He said innocently, as if he didn't even know that every move he made sent me into cardiac arrest.

'Oh, this boy is going to be the death of me.'

((I hope you're all enjoying the book! I'm having so much fun writing it!!!))