Chapter 6

"Hey...Armin..." I smiled, looking down at my paper, and my stomach dropped. I forgot I was drawing him.

He didn't mention the drawing, thankfully enough.

Just as I moved my hand over to cover the drawing, he grabbed my wrist and held it up, staring at the piece of paper he was drawn on. Armin's grip was loose, but when I tried to retract my hand it became firm grasp.

He had impossibly soft hands, and they were warm, but not sweating warm. His nails were flawlessly manicured. His big hand holding onto mine made me feel...safe.

I have butterflies....

He looked flustered at the doodle and sheepishly pointed to his face with his free hand.

"I-is that me...?"

I nodded as he let go of my hand, causing him to smile down at the paper. He tore the small drawing out of my notebook and looked at me as if he was asking for permission to keep it.

'Wait- did he just take it-'

I had no clue how to explain to him that I wanted to keep that drawing of him, even if I didn't notice I was drawing him at first.

"Yeah, go ahead..." I responded so he wouldn't think I was weird for drawing and keeping an image of him.

The bell rang. History class was dismissed, and Jean came up to Armin and I with his bag loosely hung over his right shoulder.

"Hey Armin. Got art with Ms. Ral next hour?"

Armin pulled out his schedule and nodded his head.

"Alright, then when (Y/N) decides to start packing her things, we can head down." Jean looked down to me with the most annoying smirk. I glared at him as I hurried to put my things away.

~~~~

"Wanna grab dinner?" Jean had stood infront of my dorm room while Armin by his side, awkwardly playing with his hair. "Sasha is waiting downstairs with the gang so that's why she isn't here!"

I eyed Armin up while he was busy playing with his own gorgeous blonde hair. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of playing with it, with his head rested all nice in my lap...

"Uh...(Y/N)?" Jean raised a brow and knocked me back down to Earth.

I nodded, processing what he told me before I began to day dream.

What he said about Sasha made sense, she usually heads straight here to get a quick meal. "One sec!"

I dashed over to my room and grabbed my small bag containing my money and made my way back to the front door.

"Alrighty then, let's go!" I finally responded to Jean.

Jean grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my dorm, leaning down and whispering into my ear. "Y'know, you should try to control yourself better. Your smile at Armin says it all." He hit my back and looked back to Armin.

Armin's eyes narrowed at Jean, but it wasn't enough for either of us to notice. He looked back down to his phone after it chimed.

"Mikasa said we should meet at the lunch room so we can go out and get food!" Armin looked up from his phone, eyeing the hand Jean had on my back.

I looked up to Jean, who must have had the same smile on his face that I did when thinking about Armin. I tugged on his ear and he cried out a bit, looking down to me with a glare and rubbing his ear.

"Hey! What the hell was that for?!"

I hit his back with a mischievous smirk.

"You should try to control yourself better. Your smile at the thought of Mikasa says it all." I teased Jean and his cheeks turned a bright pink. Armin giggled, beginning to walk to the down the hall.

"C'mon! I'll race you guys to the lunch room!"

I ran after Armin, "Whats up with you guys and running everywhere?" I asked and he shrugged.

When we made it into the lunchroom, I saw Sasha, Connie, Marco, Mikasa, Eren, and Reiner.

"Hey guys, I already have an idea of where to go!" Eren ran up to Armin, Jean, and I with a big smile. "Let's go to Hannes'! We're finally old enough to drink, so..."

"Hannes'...?"

"My uncle's place! He owns a bar! It's fitting though, all the man does is drink." Eren half-complained with a big smile on his face.

((yes, I know they're not actually related, but he's like an uncle to them))

'They must be close.'

"Enough talking!" Connie whined. "Let's get going! The hot babes might leave by now!"

"As if they would want anything to do with your smooth scalp!" Sasha laughed and hit Connie over the back of his head. "Plus, it's literally 5 in the afternoon. No 'babes' are gonna be there yet." Sasha said babes in air quotes.

Connie whined, rubbing his head and muttering various insults at the brunette, who couldn't care less.

"She's got a point, Connie." Mikasa added in and smiled to Sasha. "Let's go, I'm sure (Y/N) already wants to see the place."

We walked out the door in a big group, but eventually, I was pushed to the back. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to fit in with a group of people that have been friends for years. They just have so much to talk about, while I have nothing to say.

I mean, Sasha tries to keep me included, but she can be so forgetful at times.

I let out a quiet sigh.

"I know, right?" Armin spoke from up beside me. I was a bit startled to say the least. "I'm usually the one who lags behind, but I guess it won't be so bad since I have you now."

His smile instantly lifted up my spirits, and I smiled back to him cause of his comment.

"Anyway, Hannes' bar isn't too far, incase you were wondering why we're walking! Oh, and- and it's not just for drinking, it also has lunch and dinners! Hannes is a really great guy...you'll like him!" Armin reassured me, lifting doubts off my shoulders I didn't even realize I had.

"He sounds like a fun guy from the little bits I've gathered so far...I'm actually looking forward to this!" I flashed Armin a small smile.

Eren opened the door to the beautiful tavern as if it were his own home, without a care, and everyone followed behind as if it were the norm.

Which...it probably is.

"Hey, Eren!" A raspy deep voice called out, and I caught glimpse of the man who ran from behind to bar to greet him. His smile grew bigger once he saw the rest of us, but he settled on me.

"And who is this young lady?" He had a light tint of pink dusted over his cheeks, and that's when I realized...he's definitely tipsy. He carefully examined Armin beside me and his smile turned into a grin. "I see you finally got yourself a lady, kid. About time!"

Hannes laughed, ruffling Armins hair. I felt my cheeks get red almost instantly, Armin and I both looked to eachother flustered.

"Maybe as well be, she's all he ever talks about recently!" Eren added in, not helping my blushing situation in the slightest. Sasha gasped, running up to Eren.

"YOU TOO?!" Sasha yelled with a huge smile. "He's all she ever spoke about since we met! She never shuts u-"

I cut her off and slapped a hand over her and Eren's mouths. My head felt like it was going to overheat and I'd just curl up and die. I was embarrassed!

Looking back to Armin, I noticed he had a small smile, and it helped calm me down.

Just a little bit.