Chapter 19

"Class, we're going on a two week field trip." Mr. Smith announced as he stacked his papers on his desk.

Murmurs and whispers erupted in the class, and I turned to Onyankopon.

"What are we gonna need two weeks to do?" I asked him, as if he knew himself. He shrugged.

"Don't ask me, I don't have a clue. This is literally history class and I don't think you can stay at a museum that long." He half joked, earning a giggle from me.

"Who knows!" I leaned back in my seat as the class quieted down. "Besides, Mr. Smith is handsome. He probably has his ways."

"Ah." Onyankopon looked around the class and back to me. He flicked my forehead and I sat up. "You have a crush on Mr. Smith, eh?"

"What the hell man— and don't be so loud! I do not'" I whisper yelled at him.

He nodded and I avoided the many eyes that looked at me and opted to stay concentrated on my desk. It went quiet for a few more moments and I mentally scolded myself for always embarrassing myself.

'What the hell Onyankopon??' I thought to myself as I glared at him.

"Anyway, you know how we are learning about old Paradis royalty, right? Well we're staying at an old palace for two weeks with no technology, so you can experience it. You all can groan now."

My class did just that, minus a few, but I especially groaned. Mr. Smith smiled down at us. He's always tried his best to make class fun, and his attempts at being, what he calls, 'hip with the youth', are always adorable. You can tell that he really cares about us.

"Since you're all adults, you don't need to get your parents permission. You have two days to decide if you're going or not, and if you are, just sign your name so I can put you on a list."

~~~~

"(Y/N), dude!" Eren called from behind. Onyankopon, Jean, and I turned around. I took a sip of my water. "I didn't know you had a crush on Mr. Smith!" I spat my water out on Eren's clothes. Eren screamed and jumped back, staring at the wet spot on his shirt.

I covered my mouth and stared with wide eyes. "What the hell do you mean?!" I stressed. "Oh if this is about what I said in class- I mean- he is handsome! Right? Right?" I looked around at the boys.

"(Y/N). You're talking to a bunch of straight men." Onyankopon was the only one to respond.

"So? You can find someone handsome without wanting to stick a dick in it." I pouted.

"Not really, but whatever, anyway...are you guys going to the whole palace thing? It sounds so cool! Armin, Mikasa, and are gonna do it." He said excitedly with an adorable smile. He put emphasis on Armin's name and I instantly knew why.

"I think I'll go."  Onyankopon answered. "I'm new to the school as a whole so this is probably gonna be one of my biggest chances to bond with you all."

"I'm planning on going. And-- It's vice versa too, Onyankopon. You're pretty cool." Jean looked over to me. "Thanks for introducing us!"

I rolled my eyes. Jean is pretty social so I'm sure they would have got along even if I didn't introduce them.

"Yeah! Are you going, (Y/N)?"  Eren tilted his head, awaiting my answer.

"...I dunno, two whole weeks without modern technology?"

"C'mon it's gonna be fine, you can live without your phone for two weeks, can't you?"

I took the unfolded the piece of paper Mr. Smith handed out to us, reading it over in my head.