Chapter 30

I stood there silently, examining the three of them. They didn't look at me, instead they looked to each other and resumed the conversation they had prior to me entering the room.

There was a knock at the door and I turned to open it, only to come face to face with Floch, Eren, and Historia.

Floch walked away, allowing Eren and Historia to enter the room. This baffled me further.

"I'm sure the three of you are well aware of our 'past lives' by now." Erwin said as he drank a cup of tea. "Am I correct?"

Historia stood by my side, Eren walked forward slightly. The three of us nodded in response, Erwin nodded as well. He looked down to his tea cup, and took a bite of his sandwich. He looked deep in thought, concentrating intensely on the table.

"We were born in this life again but closer in age, at least the three of us. We look exactly the same as we did then, down to the birthmarks and habits." Levi chimed in, crossing his legs and holding his tea cup in that same unusual manner. "We have reason to believe that Historia and Eren are still with royal and founding titan blood."

Now I'm confused, what the hell does that have to do with me?

"I'm sorry but I'm not sure what that has to do with me." I smiled nervously, rubbing my thumb. "I mean, my whole life I was raised in one of the poorer parts of Shinganshina. Plus, if Eren still had his powers, I'm sure he would've turned into a titan by now..."

"That's the thing!" Hange said excitedly, standing out of their seat and slightly rocking the table. "We think you and Historia bring back people's memories! Eren had the founding, and when he made contact with that smiling titan, he sent the others flying to kill it! We know royals, when they have the founding power, can access memories of the past as well!" At this point, Hange was full on geeking out. "So maybe we can take a look into your pasts with his ability— if he still has it!"

"Calm down, Hanjo." Levi reached up and grabbed their hand.

"Sorry, sorry! I just get so excited when talking about the past, yknow?!"

"Historia, (Y/N), do you recall ever setting off people's memories just by hand contact?"

I nodded. "I've been the cause of quite a few memories resurfacing."

"Me too, (Y/N)! When Ymir and I held hands for the first time, she remembered all of her past, and that's when I got a glimpse of mine. Though, she wasn't the first person I had done it to...Armin and I grew up together, we used to think we were twins. I was about..." Historia glanced to the side while she searched her memory. "8ish, when I grabbed his hand, and then boom. I got my memories for the first time, and he got his...I have a question for you three."

The three of them nodded almost in sync, gesturing for her to go on. I glanced at Eren all confused, and he didn't seem to understand any of this better than me.

"Why is (Y/N) here? I mean, we know I'm royal, but what made you guys come to the conclusion that she is, too?"

"She shook Floch's hand in class and he had the same look of recollection Levi did when he shook Zeke's hand." Mr. Smith leaned back in his chair. "Hange and I had been friends since we were middle schoolers, Levi was introduced to us through Petra Ral, the art teacher, when we were in college. We also met Zeke officially when we were in college to become teachers."

"Levi isn't the janitor?" I asked in confusion.

Levi rolled his eyes in annoyance. "No, I'm a substitute for literature classes."

"Really?"

"Wait wait wait- why do you want the three of us here though?"

"Like mentioned earlier, we think (Y/N) might be of royal blood! We really only wanna know cause she clearly isn't Historia's sister in either of their lives,and they don't look related at all." Hange beamed. Eren, (Y/N). Hold hands real quick, I want to see if it'll trigger memories specifically from (Y/N)'s side!"

The two of us did as Hange instructed, Historia watched nervously. It took a moment, but everything came flooding back to us. Eren let go quickly, clutching his head as if it were in pain.

"So, kid, whatcha learn?" Levi pressed, looking intrigued.

"Well...She's a descendant of Ymir, that's for sure. Royal blood like Historia. The thing is, this was generations ago, when the walls first went up. One of the king's grandchildren rebelled against the idea of brainwashing the Eldians. They were exiled. I didn't get to see things from their point of view though. Only through the one who possessed the founding titan." Eren sighed disappointedly. "That's really all I got, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry! That's pretty interesting information ." Historia did her best to cheer him up, and it seemed to work a bit. She turned to face me, gently grabbing one of my hands. "Does this mean we're still distant cousins?!" She said excitedly.

Her happy energy made me happy as well and I nodded.

"I'll let you three go back and enjoy your lunches!" Erwin stood, shaking each of our hands. When he approached me though, he seemed like he was biting back some information. "I noticed your shock when you met Zeke at first, and I figured I may tell you...Levi informed me that Zeke was the beast titan, not long ago."

That felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I was genuinely so relieved, I mean I thought my guy hated the guy for no reason! And to think he's Eren's half brother...makes me wonder if we each have the same parents as we did in our past.

I mean, I know I don't for sure.

I opened the door and saw Floch standing there. That made me wonder...

"So, you said you wanted Armin to die so he could be with me, right?" I asked and he nodded. "That's stupid."

"Hey, he was burnt to a crisp. At first I didn't even realize that as Armin! He looked....dead!"

"Oh, okay, then that makes more sense...WAIT WHAT? HE WAS DYING?"

Floch flinched in shock of my reaction. The four of us began walking down the hall to the lunch room.

"Y-yes...? I mean, I also just felt like Erwin would be the better choice....and I still stand by that today."

"Really?!" Eren angrily spoke up, even Historia glared. "That's such bullshit, Floch!"

I watched as the two of them began to bicker with a smile. It reminded me of how Eren and Jean used to argue. I wonder how things turned out in the end, after I passed.

I hope it wasn't anything too bad.