Chapter 3

I pushed open the door to my dorm and looked around to see if my dormmate was in the living room. She clearly wasn't, but I did notice that she brought up some snacks of her own.

There were a couple bags of chips and a note right underneath.

'These are for you, just cause.'

I smiled down at the note and opened the first bag of chips I saw.

The other room's door creaked open and I turned in hopes of seeing my roommate.

"Hey!"

There she was, and oh my, was she gorgeous.

She had Iight brown hair that was tied up into a ponytail and bangs that complimented her face. Her dark brown eyes were warm and friendly.

"I uh...got those chips for you!" She looks like she's resisting the urge to eat them herself. "I'm Sasha!"

She reached out a hand for what I thought would be a handshake, but instead she grabbed a bunch of chips from the bag and stuffed them into her mouth.

I didn't mind much though, these aren't my favorite...

"So!" Sasha began with a mouth full of chips. "You were out soooo late! Do you have a...boyfriend?"

The question instantly made my cheeks turn red and I was a blushing mess, "N-no! I was just...out and about....with a...friend..."

"Ooh~ Who? Is it....a girl? Or a potential partner?" The brunette wriggled her brows and nudged my shoulder playfully.

I shyly glanced to the side and began to play with the strings on my sweater. "He's just...a friend..." 'A friend I find very attractive...'

"Oh so it is a he! What's his name!- Oh maybe I know him! Maybe he goes here too!" Sasha beamed, grabbing into my arm and dragging me to sit on the couch with her.

"I don't actually know his name..." I admitted with a frown, disappointed in myself for being such a dumbass.

Sasha also seemed disappointed, groaning loudly.

~~~~

The next morning I woke up because of my alarm clock. I looked around my freshly decorated doom, nervous and excited for the first day at my new school.

With excitement bubbling up from the pit of my stomach combining with my nervousness, I began to feel very sick. Like the wrong move would cause me to- yknow...barf.

I downed the bottle of water in my room in hopes of it settling my stomach and it did help a bit so I decided to throw on the best outfit in my closet.

I sat at my desk and did my eyeliner and eyebrows, looking satisfied but hoping my eyes wouldn't point any flaws out so I could move on with the day. I just took the time out of my day to just make sure I feel good.

When I stepped out of my bedroom, I was instantly catcalled. I looked to the direction of the white and saw Sasha standing there. She looked pretty, wearing plain jeans and a button up top, her hair still tied up like last night.

"Hey there, gorgeous! I figured we could head down to get breakfast together- in the Cafe!" She strolled up to me, drooling at the thought of breakfast.

I laughed a bit, "Then let's go!"

The two of us raced down the halls and to the cafeteria to see who could get there first, but of course with my luck...

I bumped into someone who came from another hall that connected into the one I was running from, basically tackling them.

"Hey! Watch where you're- (Y/N)!"

"Huh?!" I looked up to the boy to see who I just annihilated, and it was Eren! I sighed in relief, thankful I didn't bump into some stranger. "Oh. It's you!"

Sasha helped pull me off of Eren and squinted heavily at him.

"Sasha...? What are you doing?" Eren looked at her confused and she suddenly smiled.

"I remember you, we went to high school together!" She clapped and praised herself for remembering.

"Uh...yeah..we were in the same friend group- Jeez, Sasha--anyway...I gotta hurry dorm to breakfast to go talk with Mikasa and Armin! Oh she's gonna kill me for being late.." Eren then ran off...to the same place we were going.

Sasha ran off and turned back to laugh at me, so I started to run as well. She was 20 ft ahead but I quickly zoomed past her and everyone in the Cafe stared behind me. I stopped out of sheer embarrassment, but just as soon as I stopped, Sasha slammed straight into me.

Someone suddenly grabbed into my wrist and pulled me to their chest right as I was about to crash. I looked up to my savior with a nervous smile.

He had wavy black hair and an undercut, brown eyes like chocolate, and freckled cheeks. His smile was adorable.

"You shouldn't be running like that, Sasha! You could've gotten her hurt." He frowned for a second, staring behind me

"Yeah, sorry.." Sasha apologized sheepishly, but that facade fell once she saw two other people.

"Sorry about that." I stared at the hand in my wrist, letting out a long sigh. He took note and let go of my wrist.

"It's okay, Sasha probably put you up to it, anyway. Oh- I'm Marco!" He introduced himself, gesturing to the table he came from. I looked over and saw a guy with a shaved head and another dude with an undercut and light brown hair.

'Damn. Undercuts must be popular here.'

"Those are my friends! Sasha's part of the group too. Go grab your breakfast and-" Sasha darted past the two of us to steal a seat by the bald dude. Marco chuckled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and taking me over to the start of the breakfast line.

"I take it you're a freshman?" He asked and got me a tray as well as one for him.

"Yeah! Is it that obvious...?" I took the tray and grabbed a fruit and some cereal.

"Well, 'don't run in the halls' is a pretty big rule here for reasons you almost demonstrated to the room!" He teased with a smile, grabbing cheerios and sliced strawberries. He handed me an orange juice to see if I wanted it, and when I nodded, he put it down on my tray. "Don't worry, I'm a freshman, too."

As we walked over to the friend group's table, he whispered to me. "They're all pretty...loud. Just a warning."

"Doesn't bother me." I shrugged, I love having energetic friends so I don't mind too much. I watched in awe as they smiled when Marco approached them. I sat inbetween Marco and the guy with the undercut.

"Hey, everyone! This is-" Marco began but waa cut off by an excited Sasha.

"My hot roommate (Y/N)! She's gonna be one of us now!" Sasha began to chow down on her food, the boy with the undercut beside me rolled his eyes, holding a hand out for me to shake.

I took his hand and shook it, looking into his eyes. He had a very masculine face, he was quite handsome. Nothing like my blonde friend from the other day, though.

Said handsome boy began to smile at me as he took me hand in his, never once breaking eye contact with me. He had this nice, deep chuckle.

"Jean Kir-"

"I'm Connie!"

"OI, I WAS TALKING, YOU BALD HEADED--"

Jean's face reddened and he turned over to Connie with a threatening glare, and a not so threatening fist in the air. Not even the proper form.

As Connie and Jean began to bicker, Sasha joined their argument. I turned to Marco and found him smiling at his friends, but looking a bit embarrassed. He glanced down to me.

"They're like siblings. Always arguing but never meaning it...you'll get used to it." Marco said calmly as he opened his orange juice and took a sip.

'I love it here.'