Chapter 26

"Finally, it's Saturday!" I said as I sat down on the sofa in my dorms living room. "Time to take naps and do absolutely fucking nothing!"

"Oh yeah? I thought you did that every day?" Sasha teased, carrying her freshly cleaned clothes back into her room, keeping the door open to talk to me.

I turned my head to her, "What about it?"

Sasha smiled at me and pulled out her swimsuit. "Exactly, who cares? Cause you're driving us to the lake at 3 this afternoon!"

I squinted at her. I'm not a big fan of lakes, and the one I'm picturing is all murky, green, and has millions of nasty blood sucking leeches.

'hanging out with these guys hasn't let me down before. Oh, what the hell.'

"Okay. But you're giving me some gas money." I gave in.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! Mikasa, Armin, Niccolo, Eren and I'll pitch in." She waved it off, throwing some sunscreen and extra hair ties in her bag. I let her do her thing and tried to take a nap on the couch, but I felt eyes on me.

"What do you want, Sasha?" I spoke sleepily with my eyes closed.

"You to get your ass up and ready, don't even think about sleeping, it's already 2:30!" She gently shook me by my shoulders.

I sat up straight and pushed her out of the way to gather my things.

~~~~

"Sasha, you're amazing and all, but we really didn't need to play an hour of I Spy." Eren remarked. "Did you not realize how hard that would be in a moving vehicle?"

I stifled a giggle. He's right— I'd drive past everything in the blink of an eye. Watching him say not fair! every time we passed what Sasha saw was great. Eren is damn hilarious when he's mad. I turned into a dirt parking spot, everyone shuffling around as we gathered our things.

Niccolo shook his head as he opened the backseat door, helping Sasha out by holding her hand.

"Hey now, Eren," Niccolo teased, his silver eyes glistening under the sun, "You were just too slow! Not Sasha's fault you had delayed reactions..." He smirked mischievously as he grabbed the towels from the trunk of my car.

"That's damn right, Eren!" Sasha stuck her tongue out at Eren and made her way down the small dirt hill, Niccolo following behind.

"Whatever, Sasha!" Eren responded with a red face as he tied his hair half up.

When we arrived at the lake I noticed a very beautiful woman sitting on a towel, waving to Eren as we exited the car. When I mentioned she was beautiful, I meant it.

"Who's this babe you're with, Jaeger?" I nudged his shoulder, not once breaking eye contact with the annoyed Jaeger.

"That's my mom, and she's not a babe!" He glared at me as he carried down the towels and blankets.

"Milf."

"Hey!-" Eren turned to me, about to object, but I ran down to greet her-- mainly to annoy the shit out of Eren.

"Hey, I'm (Y/N)!" I held my hand out for her to shake. She looked up from her phone with a  soft smile, shaking my hand and nodding her head. 

"So I've heard! I think Armin mentioned you a few times before-- He and Mikasa are like Grisha and I's other kids. I'm Carla, by the way. Eren's mom."

I felt that spark. Her eyes widened.

She saw something.

Remembered