Chapter 28

((I know I uploaded a past a couple days ago but I actually said I'd update once or twice a week so here u go))

Last night got me thinking...about if Armin hadn't used any protection. Would I keep the damn thing? Would I not?

We might have known eachother in another life, but I have ever known him in a romantic relationship. He seems like a great dude, but I still need to be careful.

My ex seemed perfect at first too, and look where that got me.

I sighed, placing a hand over my scarred chest in history class, my fingers gently brushing my shirt over the healed wound.

"You good?" Onyankopon whispered to me while Mr. Smith spoke.

I nodded quietly, looking down to my desk as the events of that day with my ex flooded into my mind.

He pursed his lips, looking me over.

"...I'm here to talk if you need me, (Y/N)." He offered, and when I looked up he had a slight smile.

"Thanks." I replied, returning that slight smile as I looked back down to my desk. "I wish I had lived to meet you in the other life. I really wanna know how it all ended, no one will tell me."

"...you don't wanna know." Onyankopon laughs nervously.

~~~~

The Scouts club met again today after school, Chanel had joined the club!

"Can you help me out?" Chanel smiled nervously, her gear all tangled up on her body. "Sorry to bother, I just don't know how to do this."

"Yeah, of course." I nodded and helped her put it on as fast as I could, we were lagging behind since the rest of the class had finished putting theirs on.

"Thank you so much." Chanel smiled at me. She poked over to the trees and down to the mesh net that would catch us if we were to fall. "It's safe, right?"

"Do you really not remember?" I said in disbelief. I figured by now she'd remember at least something from our ast lives, but I guess not.

"Remember what?"

"It's nothing."

Jean rushed up to us- well, Chanel - with a big grin.

"Chanel, did you know I'm the best on my gear in the whole group?" He said proudly, putting his hands on his hips with a smile.

"No way, forreal?" Chanel looked over to me and I nodded. He was actually telling the truth. "That's awesome!"

"If you want, you can stick by me and I can show you the ropes." He suggested, his cheeks a slight shade of pink. Chanel nodded. "Really?! I mean- ahem, totally awesome. Let's go, yeah?"

And with that, the two of them walked off, leaving me behind.

"He hasn't looked at Mikasa in a while." Marco popped up, walking up to me. "This is good for him. I mean, I don't mean this in a bad way, but we all know he wasn't gonna get Mikasa."

I nodded, watching Chanel and Jean fly around in the air, he was holding her hand.

"Yeah. I feel sortof....proud- maybe happy is the better word?" I glanced over to the freckled boy.

"Agreed."

~~~~

We were all waiting for Hange, Levi, and Mr. Smith to say something at the end of our 3d maneuver gear training. They all looked like they had something on their minds.

"Just letting you guys know, incase you don't see me later in the school year, Levi and I are going to be having a baby. Oh, this is gonna be so awesome, right, Levi?!"

"Yeah, so if you see them increasingly gain weight, don't worry. You're all dismissed. Have a great rest of your day, kids." Levi smiled as he waved,grabbing Hange's hand. Him, Hange, and Mr. Smith all walked off. I learned that twice a week, after school ends, the three of them like to go out and eat dinner.

This left my friends and I in the school's lobby, I was standing by Mikasa and Chanel.

"That's pretty cool for Hange and Levi, right?" I brought up to the girls and Mikasa was the only one who responded. While Mikasa nodded, Chanel was glaring at the ground. "You good, Chanel?"

"Don't freak out, okay?" Chanel held her hands up and slowly bent down to the ground. Mikasa and I gave eachother a 'the fuck?' look. Chanel came back up with a spider in her hands. "It was on your shoe. It's a jumping spider! Wanna see?"

I looked into her hands and right at the thing. I'm sortof mixed on how I feel about spiders, honestly.

"What'cha got there, Chanel?" Jean walked over, standing behind her with a smirk and looking over her shoulder. I swear to God, I saw the girl blush. She slowly turned and showed Jean the spider. The smirk on Jean's face fell and made Mikasa giggle, he looked scared.

"Just a jumping spider, I got it from (Y/N)'s shoe!" Chanel seemed really proud of herself, not noticing how scared Jean looked. She looked down to her hands and turned pale, watching the spider fly up....and into Jean's hair.

Jean had the most delayed reaction I had ever seen, and the four of us stood there in silence. His eyes were wide and glossy, as if he were about to burst into tears any second.

"Jean!" Armin said as he ran up to us. "I have-"

"ARMIN!" Jean cried out, shaking the blonde boy by his shoulders. "YOU GOTTA HELP ME THERES A SPIDER IN MY HAIR!"

Chanel was the first one to burst out into laughter, followed by Mikasa and I.

"O-okay, okay! Just stop shaking me!" Armin glared at Jean as he stopped. The blonde looked over to me and I shrugged my shoulders, wiping a tear from my eye.

'and here I thought Jean would try and hold it together for Chanel.'

Jean lowered himself so Armin could see the top of his head, and Armin began to look for the spider. When he found it, he threw it on the ground, and stomped on it. Twice for good measure.

"Now, don't freak out, okay?" Armin tilted his head and put a hand on Jean's shoulder, looking him in the eye. Jean gulped and nodded. "That there was a lady spider, and she laid e-"

Jean darted off to the nearest lockeroom and left us in his dust. Armin began to giggle, and that's when I realized...

"You're lying, aren't you?"

"Yes!"

"That's foul." I shook my head with a slight smile. "Hey, Chanel, would you wanna go to Hannes' with us later today? We usually go there after school." I suggested. Her face practically lit up, and she smiled eagerly at me.

"Definitely!"