Chapter 53

The next day...

Kalleah's POV

"Kalleah, c'mon

"Kalleah, c'mon. Don't cry. We'll be back soon." Sammy sighed as he held me in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I'm just gonna miss you guys. You're gonna be away for a month." I sniffled, wiping my tears and letting go of Sammy.

"You'll be fine. You have Derek and Zion here. They'll keep you company." Nate said and I gave him a look.

"I don't know about that. It's weird between us." I said.

"You needa make more friends, girly." Sammy said and I rolled my eyes.

"I have more than enough friends." I argued and they both laughed. "Hey! Don't be rude. I have you guys. And Stacy and Ana. And Delaney. And I have Aaliyah and Griffin." I pointed out.

"Yea well, Stacy and Ana are coming with us. Delaney's in Florida, and Aaliyah and Griffin are in New York." Nate said and I sighed.

"Damn, I guess I do need more friends." I mumbled to myself.

"Kalleah, we have to go now. We'll call you before we get on the plane and when we land, ok?" Sammy told me and I nodded.

"Fine, ok." I nodded and hugged them both and kissed their cheeks. "I love you guys."

"Love you too." They said before leaving, making me sigh. Now I'm all alone. I closed the door behind them and walked over to the balcony. I opened the sliding door and stepped out, sitting in one of the chairs.

And before I knew it, there was knocking on my door, making me groan. Who could possibly be at my door right now?

I went over to the door and opened it, seeing Zion.

"Hey Kalleah." He smiled at me. I didn't return it. I really don't understand why he doesn't hate me.

"Hey." I mumbled. He gave me a confused look.

"Are you ok?" He asked. I didn't answer, and just let him in.

"What are you doing here, Zion? I thought you got all your things." I questioned.

"I— uh. I just came to check up on you." He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Zion, every time I see your face, it reminds me of what I did. I—." I felt tears brim my eyes. Ugggh. I don't wanna cry right now.

"It's ok, Kalleah. Please don't cry." Zion pleaded.

"I hate myself for what I did to you, Zion." I sniffled, a few tears rolling down my cheeks and he frowned.

"I forgive you, Kalleah. Please don't do this to yourself. It's ok." He took my hand and wiped my tears. He held my face in his hand and caressed my cheek.

He stared into my eyes, running his thumb along my lips. He leaned down to kiss me, but I turned my head, looking away from him. I moved his hand from my face and pulled my hand away from his.

"Kalleah." He called me and I shook my head.

"No, Zion. I can't do this right now." I sighed and I heard him sigh, too.

"Look at me, Kalleah." He said sternly and I obeyed, looking into his eyes. "It's ok. Please understand that. I could never hate you for what you did. If I don't make you happy, I can't do anything about it." He said and I sighed.

"I really am sorry, Zion." I sighed, wiping my tears away.

"Stop apologizing. I forgive you." He said and I smiled a little. "I have to go. But I'll come see you this weekend. With Nate and Sammy gone, I don't want you to be alone." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks Zion."

"Of course lil mama." He said and hugged me. I hugged him back and I felt him kiss my head.

"I love you." He mumbled.

"Love you too." I said and he let me go. He then opened the door and walked out, closing it behind him.

I swear Zion has the biggest heart ever. I really don't deserve him.

What I don't understand is why he would try to kiss me. The fact that after what I've done and he still wants to even come to check up on me doesn't sit right with me.

Or maybe it's because he's not the one I want kissing me. As wrong as it is, I can't help, but feel that way. After everything he's done to me, I still wanna be with him.

I went back over towards the balcony and grabbed my phone.

I unlocked it and clicked on the phone icon and scrolled through my contacts, finding his name. I tapped his number and the phone started to ring.

"Kalleah?" He sounded surprised that I'd even call him. Honestly, I am, too, but I wanted to see him.

"Hey Derek." I greeted him.

"Is everything ok? Are you hurt?" He questioned, the tone of worry evident in his voice.

"Yea, everything's fine, calm down." I laughed and he let out a sigh of relief. "I miss you." I told him and it's like he was in shock because the line went silent. "Hello?" I was confused. "Derek, are you there?" I questioned.

"Uh, yea. I'm here. I'm just kinda surprised to hear you say that." He answered.

"Can you come over? I wanna talk to you." I asked him.

"Ok, yea. I'll be there soon." He said and hung up.
———————

I was watching TV before I heard knocking on the door. I got up immediately and went to go open it.

Derek stood there with a smile and I let him in.

"Hey Kalleah."

"Hey." I greeted back, then went over to the couch to sit. He sat down, too, and I turned off the TV so that I can focus on what I wanted to tell him.

"Soooo. What'd you wanna talk—?" I took his face in my hands and kissed him. He kissed me back instantly, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me onto his lap.

He caressed my sides, his hands then going down to my ass and then my thighs. I pulled away from the kiss and looked deep into his eyes, biting my lip.

"You weren't lying when you said you missed me, huh?" He questioned and I smiled. "But you said you wanted to talk, Kalleah. Not kiss me." He said and my smile faded.

"But I—."

"Listen, I'm not complaining, but what you wanna tell me must be serious because usually, you'd tell me straight away." He said and I sighed. "What is it?" He asked me.

"I wanna try again." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Try again? I thought you said you didn't wanna entertain a relationship."

"I know I said that, but—." I sighed. "I love you, ok?" I said and his eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Yea. You're the only one I wanna be with, Derek. You're my everything. I don't see myself with anyone else, but you." I said and he held my face in his hand.

"You don't know how much that means to me to hear you say that, Kalleah." He told me with a smile, staring deep into my eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. For just leaving you, for cheating. I hate myself so much for hurting you. But I promise, I'll never do that to you ever again. I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you, Kalleah." He said. I kissed him briefly, then looked at him.

"I forgive you, Derek." I told him and that made him smile.

"I love you so much, Kalleah." He told me before pushing his lips on mine.