Chapter 23

"Did you drive here?" Zion asked me and I shook my head as we walked together. We spent almost the whole day together and I had so much fun with him. I remember exactly what attracted me to him.

"No, I walked." I answered.

"All the way from your place?" He questioned and I nodded.

"You want a ride home?" He offered and I nodded.

Kalleah's POV

"Bye, Zion. See ya." I waved before walking into my building. I walked up the stairs to my apartment.

When I got there, Derek was leaning against the wall near the door. He looked up and frowned when he saw me.

"Where were you? I've been calling you the entire day."

"I'm sorry. I was busy." I told him.

"What were you doing?" He asked me as I pulled out my key to unlock the door.

"Can you relax? I was hanging out with Zion. We haven't seen each other in a while." I answered.

"Why were you with him?" He asked as I opened the door and we walked in.

"Derek, what is your problem? I was just hanging out with a friend." I asked him and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." He apologized and I nodded.

"So, what happened with Andy?" I asked him and he sighed.

"It's not my baby." He shrugged, but he looked upset.

"Did you want Andy to be carrying your baby?" I asked him and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"No. I'm upset that she cheated on me and tried to push that on me just so that I would stay with her." He answered and I nodded. I felt him wrap his arms around me and kiss on my neck.

"You might be able to cheer me up tho." He said and I giggled as he continued to kiss on me.

"As much as I wanna do that, I can't. I'm going out soon." I said and he let me go.

"Where are you going?"

"The club." I answered hesitantly.

"The club? With who?" He asked me.

"Some friends, Derek. Why are you so concerned about what I'm doing? Can you please stop worrying?" I asked him, wrapping my arms around him.

"You're not my boyfriend, ok? You don't have to worry about me so much. You're being very overprotective and jealous right now and it doesn't look good on you." I said and he sighed, then nodded.

"Ok, I'm sorry. When will you be back?" He asked me.

"Late. It's almost 9. I have to go get ready. I'll call you when I get home, ok?" I told him and he sighed.