Chapter 49

A few days later...

Kalleah's POV

The front door of my apartment opened, revealing Zion, who looked tired as hell

The front door of my apartment opened, revealing Zion, who looked tired as hell. I felt my heart drop as I realized what was gonna come next.

I wasn't mentally prepared to face Zion. I barely got any sleep the past few nights. It was like 2 in the morning and I was still up, watching TV.

"Lil mama, what are you doing up? It's late." He said and closed the door behind him.

"I can't sleep. I need to talk to you." I said, getting up from the couch.

"We can talk later, ok? I'm tired. I wanna get some sleep."

"Zion, I'm being serious. This can't wait, I need to talk—." His phone started ringing, which cut me off. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the screen, then turned his phone off, which confused me.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"It's just Brandon. It can wait. I'm too tired to talk." He said. "C'mon. Let's go to bed. We can talk in the morning, ok? And I still didn't get a kiss." He said and I was hesitant.

How was I supposed to kiss him? I can't even look him in the eye. All I could see was how much he cares about me and trusts me and I ruined all that.

"Kalleah, are you ok? You've been staring at me for a whole minute without a word." He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"You look tired, baby. C'mon. Let's go." He said and I obeyed, turning around to go to my room.

We entered and he closed the door behind him, I got into the bed and he pulled his shirt and pants off, leaving him in just his boxers.

He crawled into the bed and wrapped his arms around me, as I turned my back to him. I felt him kiss my shoulder.

"You know I love you, right?" I heard him mumble into my ear and kiss my neck.

"I know." I sighed, feeling tears in my eyes. "I love you, too." I sniffled and I felt him kiss my cheek.

"Kalleah, what's wrong?" He asked me, sitting up and turning on the light.

I sat up and looked at him to see he looked extremely worried.

"Is the baby, ok?" He asked me.

"The baby's fine." I said and wiped my tears.

"Are you having second thoughts about her."

"No, no. Never. It's just—. I'm sorry." I sighed, more tears spilling from my eyes.

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?"

"I can't be with you, Zion." I said and he looked confused.

"And why not?" He frowned.

"Because I—. Fuck." Why is this so hard? Why can't I just tell him that I cheated on him?