Chapter 3

"Don't fucking touch me!" I growled at him, yanking my arm away.

"You're not going anywhere, Kalleah!" He seethed, grabbing me again.

Kalleah's POV

"What the hell?! Leave me alone!!" I screamed at Trevor, but he didn't listen to me

"What the hell?! Leave me alone!!" I screamed at Trevor, but he didn't listen to me. He only squeezed tighter and it started to hurt. "Ow, Trevor, you're hurting me." I whimpered, ready to cry. I felt so much pain.

I never thought that Trevor would touch me like this. What was he planning on doing to me? Before I could find out, I felt another hand pull me away from him. I rubbed my arm, trying to soothe it a little. I felt tears sting my eyes. oh god, this is gonna bruise so bad.

"What the fuck, man?! What are you doing? That's my girl!" Trevor growled.

"Yea, right! Doesn't look like it to me." A familiar voice growled. It slipped my mind that someone else saved me. I looked up to see Derek, his face red with anger.

"Kalleah get over here." Trevor threatened through gritted teeth, but I stayed where I was.

"Didn't you hear her? She said leave her alone! So fuck off before you end up in the fucking hospital!" Derek threatened him

I didn't care about the fact that Derek saved me. It was sweet of him yes, but if he wasn't so rude to me earlier, I would thank him. Trevor glared at me.

"You're gonna regret this." He said, then walked away. Derek turned around to face me.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked, placing his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged away from his touch and walked away, tears blurring my vision. god, I feel like a little bitch right now. "Kalleah, wait!" I heard him yell my name, but I continued to walk. He suddenly got in front of me, blocking me from going anywhere. "Kalleah, are you ok?" He asked again. I looked up at him to see sympathy and pity in his eyes. Uggh. That's the last thing I need from anybody, especially him.

"Yes, I'm fine. In fact, I'm fucking great. Thanks so much for saving me." I said sarcastically, putting on a fake smile and pushed past him. I felt some tears roll down my cheeks. I feel so humiliated.

I made my way into the bathroom and a sob escaped my lips. I closed and locked the door behind me and screamed at the top of my lungs and punched the mirror, shattering the glass.

A few shards fell onto the floor. Pain shot through my hand and I groaned, shaking it. I felt more tears spill from my eyes. I looked at my hand to see that my knuckles were bleeding.

I hate feeling so weak. I couldn't defend myself and that was embarrassing. I thought today was gonna be a great day and an even better night.

Why? Why tonight out of all nights? Why out of all the places he could've been, he had to be in LA, here in this exact club. I literally just moved here to LA last year for my freshman year in college, all the way from New York. I wanted to leave my past behind. I wanted to get away from all the toxic shit in my life.

I fucking hate it when I feel like this. It's so exhausting being upset.
———

Soon, there was knocking on the door.

"Uh, who is it?" I answered, wiping my tears a little.

"It's me, Andy." I heard my best friend answer. I stood up immediately and opened the door for her. She came in, then closed and locked the door. I broke down again and she pulled me in, hugging me tightly.

"Awww, Kalleah. It's ok, what happened?" She asked me, sitting down on the floor with me.

"It's Trevor." I sobbed and her eyes widened.

"Trevor? As in your ex, Trevor?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, what happened?" She asked and I told her everything that happened earlier.

"god, I feel like such a fucking baby." I groaned, wiping my tears away angrily. "I thought I was over him, but I'm not. I thought I moved on, but I guess not."

I sighed deeply, getting up and walking towards the sink, looking into the broken mirror. My eyes were red and my mascara was smeared. I was a mess.

"Oh my god, what happened to your hand?!" Andy gasped.

"I punched the mirror." I said and she grabbed my hand, making me wince. "Fuck, ow. Relax. I'm fine." I said, pulling my hand away.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Kalleah. If you want, we can go home." She suggested and I shook my head.

"No, I'll just call an Uber. You and Derek enjoy yourselves." I said and Andy shook her head.

"Hell no. You're upset. And I wanna do everything in my power to make you feel better. I'll go with you. Then Derek can go straight home. And I'm really sorry about how he's treated you." She said, then apologized and I sighed.

"It's fine. At least he defended me." I muttered and she nodded. "But stay here with him. You haven't seen him in so long and you deserve to spend time with him. I'll be fine." I said and she sighed.

"Kalleah, are you sure?" She asked me for assurance.

"Yes, don't worry. I'll be fine. I promise." I said and she hugged me.

"Ok, I love you, please call or text me when you're home safe." She said and I hugged her back.

"I love you, too, and I will." I told her and we pulled away. She left and I fixed my makeup a little before calling an Uber.
———

I locked the door to the apartment, sighing deeply. I feel so terrible. I'm glad I'm finally home. I just wanna sleep forever and never wake up. I made my way to my room and pulled off my heels, throwing them somewhere.

Then, I went into the bathroom and removed my makeup. After doing that, I took a very long shower.
———

I lied in my bed, wide awake, just staring up at the ceiling. I had already texted Andy that I was home. I took care of the wound on my fist and wrapped it with gauze. I also iced my arm down for a while. It was bruised really badly.

I couldn't sleep. I tried, but I feel so terrible. Trevor really ruined my night and his threat really scared me. What was he planning? Knowing him, it's definitely not good. I don't know what he's capable of and it scares me.

I really wish I made Andy stay with me because I'm all alone in this apartment. It's really quiet and it's making me nervous.

I got up and exited my room, going to the living room. I turned on the TV and decided to watch something on Netflix. I clicked on All American, then episode 9 started to play.