Chapter 33

"We're gonna go to the police, Kalleah, ok?" Mom said and Kalleah's eyes widened again.

"No, I can't go. Don't make me go." She shook her head rapidly.

"Kalleah, you have to. He's gonna get away with it if you don't say anything. You have to. It's the only way." I told her and she just looked at me, fear in her eyes. "I'll be there with you, ok? You don't have to do this alone." I said.

"Really? You promise?" She questioned and I nodded.

"I promise, baby. He's gonna regret ever laying a hand on you." I told her and she relaxed a little with a small nod. She pecked my lips, but I didn't kiss her back because I didn't wanna make her uncomfortable. "Ok, get dressed and let's go." I told her and she obeyed silently.

Kalleah's POV

I sat there emotionless as the officer took pictures of my naked body

I sat there emotionless as the officer took pictures of my naked body. I felt so uncomfortable, so exposed, so ashamed. This doesn't make it any better. I was raped and they're taking pictures of me naked. A few tears rolled down my cheeks.

I turned my head to see Derek watching. When our eyes met, he gave me a small smile and I felt a little better.

"You're gonna be ok, baby." He mouthed and I sighed, turning back to the officer.

"Ok, now turn around for me." The officer told me and I obeyed silently.
———

"Ok, sweetie, we're all done. You can put your clothes back on." The officer said. "We're gonna get this guy. Don't you worry." She assured me. I just nodded, then she walked away.

I put my sweats back on, walking over to Derek.

"You ok?" He asked me and I shrugged, making him sigh.

"He's gonna pay for what he did to you, baby. I'll make sure of it." He told me and I nodded.
———

"We've been trying to lock this guy up for years now. He's been charged several times for rape, domestic abuse, and sexual assault. He's also been suspected for murder and fraud. You're not the first woman to report him, but there was never enough evidence because they would confess years later. But you did it sooner, so there's a chance to lock him up." The officer explained to me and that made my skin crawl. This guy is a fucking psychopath.

"Where did this happen?"

"In the indoor pool." I answered quietly.

"Was anyone in the house with you guys?"

"I don't know, but even if there was, they wouldn't have been able to hear me. He said all the walls were soundproof so that no one would hear me." I answered, and shuddered at the memory of that sinister look on his face when he said that.

"Oh my god." I heard Derek's mom gasp quietly.

"Do you know if there were any cameras in there?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't think so." I answered.

"Actually... I had some cameras installed around the house, but I don't regularly check them." Derek's mom said and I sighed.

"Are there any in the pool room?" The officer asked.

"Yes, I believe so." She answered with a sigh.

"Do you think you can retrieve the video?"

"The recording should be on my computer." She answered, pulling it out of her bag. She opened it and typed in some things, then handed it to the officer.

"Can you give me the time this happened, Kalleah?" The officer asked.

"2 days ago. Like around six thirty, seven in the morning." I answered and the officer nodded. "If you're gonna watch it, can I go somewhere else, please? I-I don't think I can listen to that." I asked.

"Yea, of course." She nodded.

"Babe, you want me to—?"

"No, I'll be fine." I cut him off before exiting the room. I did not want to have to relive that moment. I don't think I'm strong enough to do so.
———

"Kalleah, you can come back in!" I heard the officer call for me.

The officer closed the laptop with a sigh as I walked back in. Derek's mom was in tears and Derek was red with anger. I hated the fact that they were like this. All because of me.

"I'm gonna kill that motherfucker! I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Derek growled.

"You do know you can't do that, right?" The officer questioned with an eyebrow raised. Derek just looked at her.

"Do you really think I care?! I don't! I don't give a fuck! He fucking attacked and raped my girlfriend!! I'm not just gonna sit here and wait for you guys to arrest him. I'm gonna take care of him my fucking self!!" He growled.

"Derek, don't. Please. Just please listen to her." I pleaded. I hated seeing him like this. I love the fact that he cares so much about me. I love him. But I don't want him to do something he'll regret just because he's angry.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks. He looked at me in complete anger, which surprised me.

"Why didn't you tell me as soon as it happened, Kalleah?! Why didn't you say anything to me?! We literally could've done something right then and there!" He screamed at me, making me break down completely.

"Are you serious right now?! You have no idea how I'm feeling or what's going through my fucking head right now and you're over here screaming at me. Don't you think I wanted to fucking tell you, Derek?! I wanted to tell you so bad, but he threatened to make me suffer and maybe even kill me! How am I supposed just tell you that?! I feel so ashamed for not being able to fight harder, for not just getting out of there faster, for even being there in the first place! I feel so scared for my life. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about this. This shit will haunt me for the rest of my fucking life!" I screamed at him and his whole expression softened.

"I-I'm sorry, Kalleah. I'm so sorry." He apologized, sitting down and hugging me. I pulling him closer, crying even more. "Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you, ok? Please don't cry." He sighed, kissing my head.

I didn't say a thing. I just cried. I cried my heart out. I felt so terrible and I was so weak. I didn't know what else to do. I just clung onto Derek as he comforted me, kissing my head repeatedly.