Chapter 29

"Do you really think after all the shit you did to me, that I'd marry you? What are you smoking, Trevor? I'll never marry you. You've made me feel like I was worthless, that I wasn't good for anyone. I thought it was my fault that you cheated. I worked so hard to make you happy. I don't know what I did to make you do such a thing, but I'm glad you did because I wouldn't have met Derek. He makes me feel wanted and beautiful. He treats me like a queen. Better than you'd ever treat me." She said, making me smile a bit. A few tears slipped from her eyes and she wiped them away.

"Move on, Trevor. We're done." She finished before breaking down and running away.

Just great. This dumbass really ruined our evening.

Derek's POV

I paid the bill for our meal before heading out towards the car

I paid the bill for our meal before heading out towards the car. There, I saw Kalleah standing by it. I heard little sobs coming from her. I quickly ran over to her.

"Baby, are you ok?" I asked her and she turned around, relief on her face.

"I will be. I'm sorry I just ran off like that. I just—." I hugged her immediately and she nuzzled into me, crying silently. "I'm sorry, Derek. I ruined our night." She mumbled and I peeled her off of me so that I could look at her.

"You think you ruined the night?" I raised an eyebrow, making her stop crying. "You did no such thing, ok?" I told her and she nodded. "You want me to take you home?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Can we go to your place, please?" She pleaded and I sighed, but nodded.

"Ok, c'mon." I took her into my arms, leading her to the passenger side of the car and helping her sit inside.
———

"Here baby." I handed Kalleah a cup of tea.

"Thank you." She mumbled, sipping it. I sat down next to her, just watching her.

"How do you feel?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Like complete shit. He really ruined our night. I was having such a great time with you and then he shows up and drops that huge bomb on me." She ranted, then looked at me. "I'm sorry you have to be dragged into all this drama with my ex."

"It's fine." I told her, taking her hand and squeezing it a little. "I didn't realize how serious you two were." I said and she put the tea down. "You guys wanted to have kids." I said again and she looked at me.

"Ugggh, we did. I even got pregnant." She said and my eyes widened.

"What?"

"Our baby would've been almost 3 years old by now." She said, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You had a miscarriage?" I asked and she nodded.

"It was the most devastating thing that's ever happened to me. I was pregnant long enough to get emotionally attached. I loved that baby even before I knew I was having a boy. I fell in love with him when I saw him on the ultrasound. He was my baby boy. I got so depressed after I lost him. I wasn't myself for a while. I didn't wanna do anything. But Trevor and Andy were there for me. Little did I know that Trevor was cheating on me during the time I was depressed, which made my depression even worse. I had to go through therapy and take a bunch of medication. That year was such a horrible year for me."

"Oh baby girl. I had no idea, I'm so sorry." I apologized and hugged her. She hugged me back, tightly, taking a deep breath.

"I only recently stopped seeing a therapist and taking meds." She said and I kissed her head.

"Don't talk anymore, baby. Just relax, ok? I'm here. I'll always be here for you." I said and she looked at me.

"Derek?" She said my name.

"Yea?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She asked and I smiled instantly. I wasn't expecting that at all, but this just makes it so much easier.

"Yea, babe. Of course." I said, making her smile widely. I leaned in and kissed her briefly. We pulled away and she smiled. "I wanted to ask you to be my girl tonight, but you beat me to it." I told her.

"Really?"

"Yea. I had the whole night planned for us, but we can do that another time."

"Yea." She nodded.

"I have something for you, though." I told her, pulled out a small, but long box from the inside of my jacket.

"Derek I swear to god, if you propose, I'll kill you." She growled, making my eyes widen.

"Woah, woah, woah! No, I'm not doing that. It's just a gift." I said, and she sighed.

"I'm sorry. I thought it was a ring but that doesn't look like a ring box." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Would you hush?" I said and she huffed. I opened the box, revealing the necklace and she gasped.

"Derek, oh god

"Derek, oh god. It's beautiful." She gushed, making me smile. "But you do know my name starts with a K, right?" She said.

"I know. The 'D' stands for Derek." I told her and she smiled. I got up and walked behind her. She moved her long hair out of the way so that I could put it on.

"Now everyone will know you're mine." I said and hooked the necklace together.

"Awww, I love it. Thank you, Derek." She squealed and stood up, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me. She then pulled away and looked down at the necklace, holding it.

"This looks really expensive." She said and looked up at me again.

"Not really. It was only $1000." I said and her eyes widened.

"Only $1000?! Derek that's a lot of money. I don't even make that much in a week." She said.

"You deserve it, baby. And so much more." I said and meant it. She deserves everything in this world.

"Thank you, Derek." She said and kissed me again. I kissed her back, wrapping my arms tightly around her waist. It didn't take much longer for us to get to my bedroom and get rid of our clothes and get into my bed.